Bring Your Own Blog

What is a BYOB?

Bring Your Own Blog was a concept that allowed regulars on Movie City News to communicate with one another about whatever was going on in the movie universe, free of an active moderator.

Let’s see what conversations we can spark.

8 Responses to “What is a BYOB?”

1. YancySkancy says:

Hmmm, where everybody at? Probably getting used to navigating the new site.

2. Ellen says:

You would never in a million years have posted that Trump picture featuring Obama

You are correct, Ellen. Obama was not a pig. But if it offends you, my apologies. I will take that into consideration when posting BYOB images in future.

4. Ben Kabak says:

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. He’s living in your head.

5. cadavra says:

Right, because it’s not like the wingers are obsessed 24/7/365 by Clinton, Obama, Hillary, AOC, Pelosi and Biden.

Oh, wait a minute…

6. Did Not says:

After watching Nomadland, I have to say my interest in The Eternals is monumental.

David, in this oddest of years how is studio spending for display ads this time?

7. SideshowBill says:

I wanna watch David watch The Snyder Cut.

I’m excited for it but Dave’s relationship with Snyder’s movies is…contentious?

8. John E says:

Nomadland’s going to win, but I feel like it’s going to be one of those BP winners that fades from memory quickly, like The Artist.

MCN Commentary & Analysis See All

Spider-Man: No Way Home
The Power Of The Dog
No Time To Die
Belfast
Luca
Cyrano
The House Of God (bilingual)
Raya And The Last Dragon
House Of Gucci

Deadline | January 25, 2022

American Cinema Editors Bestow Career Achievement Awards To Film Editors Lillian E. Benson, ACE and Richard Chew, ACE

January 25, 2022

Hollywood Reporter

Disney: To avoid reinforcing stereotypes from the original animated film, we are taking a different approach with these seven characters and have been consulting with members of the dwarfism community. We look forward to sharing more as the film heads into production after a lengthy development period.”

Hollywood Reporter | January 25, 2022

Peter Dinklage Comments To Marc Maron: “I was a little taken aback when they were very proud to cast a Latina actress as Snow White. You’re still telling the story of ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.’ Take a step back and look at what you’re doing there. It makes no sense to me. You’re progressive in one way and you’re still making that fucking backwards story about seven dwarfs living in a cave together, what the fuck are you doing man? Have I done nothing to advance the cause from my soapbox? I guess I’m not loud enough.”

January 25, 2022