Bring Your Own Blog

What is a BYOB?

Bring Your Own Blog was a concept that allowed regulars on Movie City News to communicate with one another about whatever was going on in the movie universe, free of an active moderator.

Let’s see what conversations we can spark.

8 Responses to “What is a BYOB?”

1. YancySkancy says:

Hmmm, where everybody at? Probably getting used to navigating the new site.

2. Ellen says:

You would never in a million years have posted that Trump picture featuring Obama

You are correct, Ellen. Obama was not a pig. But if it offends you, my apologies. I will take that into consideration when posting BYOB images in future.

4. Ben Kabak says:

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. He’s living in your head.

5. cadavra says:

Right, because it’s not like the wingers are obsessed 24/7/365 by Clinton, Obama, Hillary, AOC, Pelosi and Biden.

Oh, wait a minute…

6. Did Not says:

After watching Nomadland, I have to say my interest in The Eternals is monumental.

David, in this oddest of years how is studio spending for display ads this time?

7. SideshowBill says:

I wanna watch David watch The Snyder Cut.

I’m excited for it but Dave’s relationship with Snyder’s movies is…contentious?

8. John E says:

Nomadland’s going to win, but I feel like it’s going to be one of those BP winners that fades from memory quickly, like The Artist.

MCN Commentary & Analysis See All

The News Curated by Ray Pride See All

The New York Times

"In one effort, the company invalidated the passwords of the 75,000 subscribers who used the service most often, while falsely claiming 'we have detected suspicious activity or potential fraud' on their accounts. Many of the people who tried to reset their passwords were unable to because of technical problems; the app would not accept their email address, they would not receive a password-reset email, or the email would link to a nonworking website. When an executive warned that the practice would catch the attention of federal regulators and state attorneys general, Mr. Lowe responded in writing 'OK I get it,; suggesting the company try it with '2 percent of our highest volume users.'"
Imagine That: The MoviePass Deception Was Worse Than Anyone Knew

The New York Times | June 8, 2021

Variety

Gleiberman Makes Sweet Love To Cruella in The Sunday Column: “It may be the best movie of the year so far. That sounds like a provocation or maybe hype, but I’ll throw down the gauntlet: Name a better one. Cruella is a high-kitsch rock-opera psychodrama staged with seductive style and a vicious kind of glee. It tells the story of Estella, an ambitious young British nobody played by the incomparable Emma Stone, who gets her freak on by metamorphosing into Cruella, a radically mod ’70s London fashion designer with schizoid hair and a defiant loose screw. The thrill of the odyssey is how twisty and emotionally vibrant it is.”

Variety | June 6, 2021

Vanity Fair

"I don’t feel comfortable kissing someone... I don’t know where they’ve been": Joy Press talked to intimacy coordinators about the joys & complications of shooting sex scenes during the pandemic

Vanity Fair | June 3, 2021

Hollywood Reporter

Cannes, July 6-17: Nanni Moretti, Tre Piani; François Ozon, Tout S’Est Bien Passé; Asghar Farhadi, Un Héros; Jacques Audiard, Paris 13th District; Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Memoria; Ildikó Enyedi, The Story of My Wife; Sean Baker, Red Rocket; Justin Kurzel, Nitram; Bruno Dumont, France

Hollywood Reporter | June 3, 2021