MCN Curated Headlines

“I’m interested in Anchorman or Ingmar Bergman. But not that interested in anything in between.”
M. Phillips Talks Skin With Jonathan Glazer new link

wsj

Transcendence Goes Out On 75 Film Prints
“About 87% of the 5,762 theaters in the U.S. are now digital. The remaining 13% is mostly made up of one-screen independents, in rural communities with no multiplexes for miles.” 
“Is Film The End Of The Road For Small Cinemas?”

LA Times

“Randall Wallace didn’t expect a rock-star reception when he went on the road to promote Heaven Is for Real ahead of its Easter-weekend release. Yet at the First Assembly of God Church in Phoenix, 9,000 congregants greeted the filmmaker with a standing ovation.”
Take, Eat, This Is The Content Of Christ

“It has lots of traffic but no real reason for being.”
Wolff On Yahoo!’s Expressed Desire To Manufacture Quality Narrative Content

“As a mythical story, the race of the individuals doesn’t matter. They’re supposed to be stand-ins for all people. Either you end up with a Benetton ad or the crew of the starship Enterprise.”
Noah Co-Writer Sez Whoa To Humans After Their Kind

MCN Curated Headlines

Quote Unquotesee all »

“I wanted to make you love a murderer. There’s no way of redeeming him. He’s a drunk and a killer. He killed at least seven people (that we know of). But there were reasons he was a bad guy. He was surrounded by evil in those days. A lot of people were killed building modern Florida—modern everywhere. Watson had plenty of opportunities to see how rough those guys were playing and he thought he could do it too. At least he rationalized it that way. He had the devil beaten out of him and became a very dangerous guy. And he couldn’t handle his liquor, which is one of the worst aspects of him. And he went crazy. Understanding how that happened is useful, I think. There’s no reason any one of us couldn’t be Edgar Watson.”
~ Peter Mathiessen On Writing “Killing Mister Watson”

 

“Objects and their manufacture are inseparable, you understand a product if you understand how it’s made.”
~ Jony Ive