By MCN Editor editor@moviecitynews.com

Go Fourth: What’s The Must Movie For Heatwave A/C?

Be Sociable, Share!

18 Responses to “Go Fourth: What’s The Must Movie For Heatwave A/C?”

1. Pete B. says:

Well if you want the biggest bang for your air conditioning buck, the Fathom Event of Hamlet – with Benedict Cumberbatch – clocks in at 3 & 1/2 hours on Monday. That should cool you off for awhile.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

JAWS. No question. Or Raiders. They smell like Summer

3. Sideshow Bill says:

Felt like Spider-Man:FFH was kind of a mess. Still fun and reasonably clever but a comedown from Homecoming

4. movieman says:

My mind invariably reverts to definitive summer films from my childhood.

So “Barefoot in the Park” (and “The Dirty Dozen”), “Rosemary’s Baby,” “The Wild Bunch” (and “True Grit”), “Myra Breckinridge,” “Summer of ’42″….like that.

5. Pete B. says:

Sideshow, I agree Homecoming was more fun, but I was just happy they kept the fishbowl on Mysterio.

SPOILER?
    That extra scene mid-credits really makes me wonder what they plan on for Spidey 3.

6. Monco says:

Midsommar. Hmmm. I don’t know what to think.

7. Sideshow Bill says:

Monco, a lot of people seem to be having that reaction. For me it was instantaneous. I had a giddy grin as the credits rolled. I bit my finger in anxiety all throughout the film. It worked for me like nothing else this year. It was an invigorating experience at the movies. I won’t force anyone to see it my way but my way is 100% genuine.

8. movieman says:

Happy to see that HBO has renewed “Euphoria” for a second season.
    (Last week’s ep–the carnival–was the best yet.)

Really hope HBO gives Zendaya the Emmy/GG “Best Actress” push she deserves.
    It’s a remarkable performance: the type that normally catapults someone to the “A” list.

9. Bulldog68 says:

Has anyone here checked out Years and Years yet?

10. movieman says:

Yep, Bulldog.
    Thought the first two episodes were terrific: last week’s ep merely so-so.
    A tad deflating that, so far anyway, Emma Thompson has more of a glorified cameo than a lead (or even supporting) role.
    Will definitely keep watching, though, if just to see what happens next.

P.S.= Rory Kinnear is killing it. For me, he’s the breakout star of the series.

11. Stella's Boy says:

I like Kinnear. He was so good on the underrated Penny Dreadful. I’d like to get around to Euphoria but who knows when.

12. Bulldog68 says:

I’ve thought that Rory Kinnear has the most compassionate and emotive eyes. He did so much with just a look on Dreadful.

13. Bulldog68 says:

Maybe there is a chance my summer can be saved after all. The reviews for Crawl are quite good. Looking forward to it.

14. movieman says:

“Crawl” is good, unpretentious fun, Bulldog.
    Definitely worth the price of a Bargain Tuesday admission.

I liked Kinnear’s dad, too.
    Anybody remember Roy Kinnear?
    Was “Penny Dreadful” the series w/ Eva Green?

15. Stella's Boy says:

Yes that’s the one movieman.

16. Pete B. says:

Unfortunately there were less than a dozen people in my Friday night viewing of Crawl. At under 90 minutes, the movie hums along. Still amazed it was filmed in Serbia as it sure seemed authentic Florida.

Yep, Eva Green was in Penny Dreadful and should have won an award for the seance scene alone. She did get nominated for a Golden Globe.

17. movieman says:

I’ve been an Eva Green fan since Bertolucci’s “The Dreamers.”
    A friend who’s interviewed her on several occasions says she’s great.
    Funny, unpretentious, super smart.

18. Pete B. says:

Not to mention gorgeous.

So basically she’s perfect.

Stella's Boy on: BYO Post-JOKER

Geoff on: BYO Post-JOKER

leahnz on: BYOFall

leahnz on: BYO Post-JOKER

Hcat on: BYOFall

Stella's Boy on: BYOFall

movieman on: BYOFall

Hcat on: BYOFall

Stella's Boy on: BYOFall

palmtree on: BYO Post-JOKER

“I really want to see The Irishman. I’ve heard it’s big brother Martin Scorsese’s masterpiece. But I really can’t find the time. The promotion schedule is so tight, there’s no opportunity to see a three and a half-hour movie. But I really want to see it. In 2017, right before Okja’s New York premiere, I had the chance to go to Scorsese’s office, which is in the DGA building. There’s a lovely screening room there, too, with film prints that he’s collected. I talked to him for about an hour. There’s no movie he hasn’t seen, even Korean films. We talked about what he’s seen and his past work. It was a glorious day. I’ve loved his work since I was in college. Who doesn’t? Anyone involved with movies must feel the same way.”
~ Bong Joon-ho

“But okay, I promise you now that if I ever retire again, I’m going to ensure that I can’t walk it back. I’ll post a series of the most disgusting, offensive, outrageous statements you can ever imagine. That way it will be impossible for me to ever be employed again. No one is going to take my calls. No one is going to want to be seen with me. Oh, it will be scorched earth. I will have torched everything. I’m going to flame out in the most legendary fashion.”
~ Steven Soderbergh