By MCN Editor editor@moviecitynews.com

Go Fourth: What’s The Must Movie For Heatwave A/C?

18 Responses to “Go Fourth: What’s The Must Movie For Heatwave A/C?”

1. Pete B. says:

Well if you want the biggest bang for your air conditioning buck, the Fathom Event of Hamlet – with Benedict Cumberbatch – clocks in at 3 & 1/2 hours on Monday. That should cool you off for awhile.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

JAWS. No question. Or Raiders. They smell like Summer

3. Sideshow Bill says:

Felt like Spider-Man:FFH was kind of a mess. Still fun and reasonably clever but a comedown from Homecoming

4. movieman says:

My mind invariably reverts to definitive summer films from my childhood.

So “Barefoot in the Park” (and “The Dirty Dozen”), “Rosemary’s Baby,” “The Wild Bunch” (and “True Grit”), “Myra Breckinridge,” “Summer of ’42″….like that.

5. Pete B. says:

Sideshow, I agree Homecoming was more fun, but I was just happy they kept the fishbowl on Mysterio.

SPOILER?
    That extra scene mid-credits really makes me wonder what they plan on for Spidey 3.

6. Monco says:

Midsommar. Hmmm. I don’t know what to think.

7. Sideshow Bill says:

Monco, a lot of people seem to be having that reaction. For me it was instantaneous. I had a giddy grin as the credits rolled. I bit my finger in anxiety all throughout the film. It worked for me like nothing else this year. It was an invigorating experience at the movies. I won’t force anyone to see it my way but my way is 100% genuine.

8. movieman says:

Happy to see that HBO has renewed “Euphoria” for a second season.
    (Last week’s ep–the carnival–was the best yet.)

Really hope HBO gives Zendaya the Emmy/GG “Best Actress” push she deserves.
    It’s a remarkable performance: the type that normally catapults someone to the “A” list.

9. Bulldog68 says:

Has anyone here checked out Years and Years yet?

10. movieman says:

Yep, Bulldog.
    Thought the first two episodes were terrific: last week’s ep merely so-so.
    A tad deflating that, so far anyway, Emma Thompson has more of a glorified cameo than a lead (or even supporting) role.
    Will definitely keep watching, though, if just to see what happens next.

P.S.= Rory Kinnear is killing it. For me, he’s the breakout star of the series.

11. Stella's Boy says:

I like Kinnear. He was so good on the underrated Penny Dreadful. I’d like to get around to Euphoria but who knows when.

12. Bulldog68 says:

I’ve thought that Rory Kinnear has the most compassionate and emotive eyes. He did so much with just a look on Dreadful.

13. Bulldog68 says:

Maybe there is a chance my summer can be saved after all. The reviews for Crawl are quite good. Looking forward to it.

14. movieman says:

“Crawl” is good, unpretentious fun, Bulldog.
    Definitely worth the price of a Bargain Tuesday admission.

I liked Kinnear’s dad, too.
    Anybody remember Roy Kinnear?
    Was “Penny Dreadful” the series w/ Eva Green?

15. Stella's Boy says:

Yes that’s the one movieman.

16. Pete B. says:

Unfortunately there were less than a dozen people in my Friday night viewing of Crawl. At under 90 minutes, the movie hums along. Still amazed it was filmed in Serbia as it sure seemed authentic Florida.

Yep, Eva Green was in Penny Dreadful and should have won an award for the seance scene alone. She did get nominated for a Golden Globe.

17. movieman says:

I’ve been an Eva Green fan since Bertolucci’s “The Dreamers.”
    A friend who’s interviewed her on several occasions says she’s great.
    Funny, unpretentious, super smart.

18. Pete B. says:

Not to mention gorgeous.

So basically she’s perfect.

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier

“My first objective relationship in life was with the camera. I didn’t understand anything but then I realized the camera is my friend. It doesn’t lie to me. It doesn’t manipulate me. It only reports what I’m doing. And therefore, for me to work with a camera and the camera to be directed by an artist, a craftsman, someone who knows what he or she wants, I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
~ Elliot Gould