By MCN Editor editor@moviecitynews.com

Wither 20th Century Fox?

foxlogoprWhat’s your prediction for the fate of the studio after this fall, once it’s in the full iron grip of Disney?

Be Sociable, Share!

6 Responses to “Wither 20th Century Fox?”

1. brack says:

I got nothing.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Ok then. That’s settled.

3. Hcat says:

The movie studio will quickly die, they have already cut production in half and shuttered the Fox 2000 component. They grabbed it for the television side. They will make terrible decisions on the Searchlight side and close it within three years.

The Whole Disney+ enterprise will not go as planned. It will debut huge and start having significant churn. It will be 20 percent off their initial subscriber rate at the two year mark. Their movie output isn’t enough to keep eyeballs and nothiing in the past of ABC, Agents of Shield, thouchstone television indicates that they can keep adult eyeballs transfixed.

4. Monco says:

Yes, agree. For the life of me I cant understand why anyone would be excited for a Loki or Bucky-whoever-the-fuck/flying wing dude with captain america shield Marvel TV show spinoff. Endgame was so terrible and one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. Probably since Last Jedi. BUT…if they put every 20th Century Fox movie ever made on the Disney+ platform I will succumb and grudgingly subscribe to the thing.

5. Hcat says:

If they put every fox movie ever made I would happily subscribe. But there is no way that is happening. It will probably get harder to see Peyton Place or an Unmarried Woman. I always put off seeing Damnation Alley, don’t know if the chance will pop up again.

The Fox library will not be treated with reverence, but as an IP store (like they treat their own film canon),

The “movies” that make it on to their site are going to be a majority of nontheatrical Disney Channel original filler.

6. John E says:

It’ll be what Hollywood Pictures was for Disney in the 1990’s.

Stella's Boy on: BYO Post-JOKER

Geoff on: BYO Post-JOKER

leahnz on: BYOFall

leahnz on: BYO Post-JOKER

Hcat on: BYOFall

Stella's Boy on: BYOFall

movieman on: BYOFall

Hcat on: BYOFall

Stella's Boy on: BYOFall

palmtree on: BYO Post-JOKER

“I really want to see The Irishman. I’ve heard it’s big brother Martin Scorsese’s masterpiece. But I really can’t find the time. The promotion schedule is so tight, there’s no opportunity to see a three and a half-hour movie. But I really want to see it. In 2017, right before Okja’s New York premiere, I had the chance to go to Scorsese’s office, which is in the DGA building. There’s a lovely screening room there, too, with film prints that he’s collected. I talked to him for about an hour. There’s no movie he hasn’t seen, even Korean films. We talked about what he’s seen and his past work. It was a glorious day. I’ve loved his work since I was in college. Who doesn’t? Anyone involved with movies must feel the same way.”
~ Bong Joon-ho

“But okay, I promise you now that if I ever retire again, I’m going to ensure that I can’t walk it back. I’ll post a series of the most disgusting, offensive, outrageous statements you can ever imagine. That way it will be impossible for me to ever be employed again. No one is going to take my calls. No one is going to want to be seen with me. Oh, it will be scorched earth. I will have torched everything. I’m going to flame out in the most legendary fashion.”
~ Steven Soderbergh