Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady

Friday Estimatres 2018-05-05 at 8.58.08 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady”

1. Thorough Henry says:

That percentage drop for Infinity War is sure to get better by the end of the weekend. Breaking 50% seems crazy, but also pretty easy at this point.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Spending $$ to remake stuff like OVERBOARD just makes me shake my head. Who makes these stupid decisions? I love Anna Faris but I will never watch this. The original is dated but it has Kurt Russell and his amazing mullet.

What’s next? A reboot of SUMMER RENTAL starring Jack Black, and Stephen Root as Sully? CAPTAIN RON with Gerard Butler?

3. Hcat says:

I would take Blunt and Krasinski in an Undercover Blues remake. You know, since we’re spitballin’.

Thought Tully would do better, between this Thouroughbreeds and Entebbe they are having a rough year. They keep putting these out pretty wide but with what seems like limited release marketing campaigns

4. Bender says:

FATAL BEAUTY with Kevin Hart and Margot Robbie

BODY OF EVIDENCE with Rhianna and Michael Ealy

5. Ray Pride says:

OVERBOARD is a Pantelion co-venture for the lucrative Spanish-speaking market. Derbez is the star.

6. Heather says:

I have no desire to see overboard either but it looks like its going to make money so there’s the answer.

7. Bulldog68 says:

I don’t want a remake, but I do want a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China, and starring the original cast. Return to Bigger Trouble in Little China. Keep the budget small. Don’t make the same mistake Blade Runner did. I wouldn’t even spend Jumanji dollars on this. Bring it in at $35m like IT and maybe it could make some money. The original was a box office failure but it became a cult classic that I believe has enough of a base to be a mid sized hit without having to be a blockbuster to be a success.

8. Thorough Henry says:

@HCat, you eat your words. Undercover Blues is a perfect piece of cinema and under no circumstances should it ever be remade by anyone.

9. Hcat says:

MARTY!

Henry, I fondly remember Undercover Blues as being a quintessential 80s movie that was unfortunately released in 1993. Certainly no disrespect intended.

10. palmtree says:

Big Trouble part 2 with everyone coming back would be a trip. Too bad Victor Wong isn’t around but I think everyone else is. And some even got bigger like Kim Cattrall.

Speaking of which, are people enjoying Cobra Kai? Seems like an 80s sequel that actually weirdly works.

“We’re all going to die so it makes it very easy. I haven’t always thought that way but I’ve realized it’s the truth. I think age gets you there, questioning your mortality… When you realize that, it’s so liberating, it’s so free, you can fly! There’s no need to hold on to anything. Like, think of the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you; it’s probably happened to 500 million people as well. Who gives a shit!”
~ Steve McQueen

“Let’s lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. But, unlike a team of costumed super-villains, they can’t be halted with a punch in the snoot, or a zap from a ray gun. The only way to destroy them is to expose them—to reveal them for the insidious evils they really are. The bigot is an unreasoning hater—one who hates blindly, fanatically, indiscriminately. If his hang-up is black men, he hates ALL black men. If a redhead once offended him, he hates ALL redheads. If some foreigner beat him to a job, he’s down on ALL foreigners. He hates people he’s never seen—people he’s never known—with equal intensity—with equal venom. Now, we’re not trying to say it’s unreasonable for one human being to bug another. But, although anyone has the right to dislike another individual, it’s totally irrational, patently insane to condemn an entire race—to despise an entire nation—to vilify an entire religion. Sooner or later, we must learn to judge each other on our own merits. Sooner or later, if man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill out hearts with tolerance. For then, and only then, will we be truly worthy of the concept that man was created in the image of God–a God who calls us ALL—His children.”
~ Stan Lee, 1965