Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady

Friday Estimatres 2018-05-05 at 8.58.08 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady”

1. Thorough Henry says:

That percentage drop for Infinity War is sure to get better by the end of the weekend. Breaking 50% seems crazy, but also pretty easy at this point.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Spending $$ to remake stuff like OVERBOARD just makes me shake my head. Who makes these stupid decisions? I love Anna Faris but I will never watch this. The original is dated but it has Kurt Russell and his amazing mullet.

What’s next? A reboot of SUMMER RENTAL starring Jack Black, and Stephen Root as Sully? CAPTAIN RON with Gerard Butler?

3. Hcat says:

I would take Blunt and Krasinski in an Undercover Blues remake. You know, since we’re spitballin’.

Thought Tully would do better, between this Thouroughbreeds and Entebbe they are having a rough year. They keep putting these out pretty wide but with what seems like limited release marketing campaigns

4. Bender says:

FATAL BEAUTY with Kevin Hart and Margot Robbie

BODY OF EVIDENCE with Rhianna and Michael Ealy

5. Ray Pride says:

OVERBOARD is a Pantelion co-venture for the lucrative Spanish-speaking market. Derbez is the star.

6. Heather says:

I have no desire to see overboard either but it looks like its going to make money so there’s the answer.

7. Bulldog68 says:

I don’t want a remake, but I do want a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China, and starring the original cast. Return to Bigger Trouble in Little China. Keep the budget small. Don’t make the same mistake Blade Runner did. I wouldn’t even spend Jumanji dollars on this. Bring it in at $35m like IT and maybe it could make some money. The original was a box office failure but it became a cult classic that I believe has enough of a base to be a mid sized hit without having to be a blockbuster to be a success.

8. Thorough Henry says:

@HCat, you eat your words. Undercover Blues is a perfect piece of cinema and under no circumstances should it ever be remade by anyone.

9. Hcat says:

MARTY!

Henry, I fondly remember Undercover Blues as being a quintessential 80s movie that was unfortunately released in 1993. Certainly no disrespect intended.

10. palmtree says:

Big Trouble part 2 with everyone coming back would be a trip. Too bad Victor Wong isn’t around but I think everyone else is. And some even got bigger like Kim Cattrall.

Speaking of which, are people enjoying Cobra Kai? Seems like an 80s sequel that actually weirdly works.

“Dude, I don’t like the way you talk, bro. How can you tell me that it’s going to be hard? Do you see a lot of people like you writing stories? Give me a break, bro. That’s your strength, that you’re not like us. Go out there and tell your stories. Don’t go out there and try to be like Quentin or me or anybody else. We need you. Tell me what makes you angry, why you’re arrogant, or fearful, whatever it is. Don’t hide anything. Be honest. What is that thing that bothers you and makes you distinct? Everyone’s looking for you. A Mexican point-of-view to tell a story right now? I’m telling you, everybody wants that right now. I desperately need you to tell your story in your way. You are essential.”
~ M. Night Shyamalan

“My films are always brought to life from an idea, a coincidence, or a dreamlike magic. An ephemeral moment that settles in my mind and starts to bloom. The plot slowly appears before my eyes, and there’s nothing left but to write it. I actually do use a mood board. And location scouting is essential to the realization of the film. I’m inspired by architecture — the beauty of certain neighborhoods, the mystery in odd buildings, or streets that suggest psychoanalytic theories. I only choose my actors after I write the script.”
~ Dario Argento