Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady

Friday Estimatres 2018-05-05 at 8.58.08 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady”

1. Thorough Henry says:

That percentage drop for Infinity War is sure to get better by the end of the weekend. Breaking 50% seems crazy, but also pretty easy at this point.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Spending $$ to remake stuff like OVERBOARD just makes me shake my head. Who makes these stupid decisions? I love Anna Faris but I will never watch this. The original is dated but it has Kurt Russell and his amazing mullet.

What’s next? A reboot of SUMMER RENTAL starring Jack Black, and Stephen Root as Sully? CAPTAIN RON with Gerard Butler?

3. Hcat says:

I would take Blunt and Krasinski in an Undercover Blues remake. You know, since we’re spitballin’.

Thought Tully would do better, between this Thouroughbreeds and Entebbe they are having a rough year. They keep putting these out pretty wide but with what seems like limited release marketing campaigns

4. Bender says:

FATAL BEAUTY with Kevin Hart and Margot Robbie

BODY OF EVIDENCE with Rhianna and Michael Ealy

5. Ray Pride says:

OVERBOARD is a Pantelion co-venture for the lucrative Spanish-speaking market. Derbez is the star.

6. Heather says:

I have no desire to see overboard either but it looks like its going to make money so there’s the answer.

7. Bulldog68 says:

I don’t want a remake, but I do want a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China, and starring the original cast. Return to Bigger Trouble in Little China. Keep the budget small. Don’t make the same mistake Blade Runner did. I wouldn’t even spend Jumanji dollars on this. Bring it in at $35m like IT and maybe it could make some money. The original was a box office failure but it became a cult classic that I believe has enough of a base to be a mid sized hit without having to be a blockbuster to be a success.

8. Thorough Henry says:

@HCat, you eat your words. Undercover Blues is a perfect piece of cinema and under no circumstances should it ever be remade by anyone.

9. Hcat says:

MARTY!

Henry, I fondly remember Undercover Blues as being a quintessential 80s movie that was unfortunately released in 1993. Certainly no disrespect intended.

10. palmtree says:

Big Trouble part 2 with everyone coming back would be a trip. Too bad Victor Wong isn’t around but I think everyone else is. And some even got bigger like Kim Cattrall.

Speaking of which, are people enjoying Cobra Kai? Seems like an 80s sequel that actually weirdly works.

“There are different signs that this is not stopping. I don’t think that anger and frustration and those feelings can go away. I hope they don’t. The attention and support for the victims needs to be continued, more than people worried about these abusers and what’s next for them, how are they going to move on — shut up. You know what? If any of these people come back, I would say, “I can’t wait to see who is actually going to support them.” That is going to be the glaring horror. Who is going to be, like, “This is a pressing issue, and we need to get them back?” If a janitor was so great at cleaning the building but also tended to masturbate in front of people, would the people at that building be like, “Yes, he masturbated, but I’ve never seen anyone clean so thoroughly, and I was just wondering when he’s going to get his job back, he’s so good at it.” No, it would be, “That’s not acceptable.” It’s fame and power that people are blinded by.”
~ Tig Notaro in the New York Times

“It’s never been easy. I’ve always been one of the scavenger dogs of film financing, picking up money here and there. I’ve been doing that all my life. This was one was relatively easy because certain costs have gone down so much. I made this film in 20 days whereas 30 years ago, it would have been made in 42.”
~ Paul Schrader