Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady

Friday Estimatres 2018-05-05 at 8.58.08 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by Thanos Jr Klady”

1. Thorough Henry says:

That percentage drop for Infinity War is sure to get better by the end of the weekend. Breaking 50% seems crazy, but also pretty easy at this point.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Spending $$ to remake stuff like OVERBOARD just makes me shake my head. Who makes these stupid decisions? I love Anna Faris but I will never watch this. The original is dated but it has Kurt Russell and his amazing mullet.

What’s next? A reboot of SUMMER RENTAL starring Jack Black, and Stephen Root as Sully? CAPTAIN RON with Gerard Butler?

3. Hcat says:

I would take Blunt and Krasinski in an Undercover Blues remake. You know, since we’re spitballin’.

Thought Tully would do better, between this Thouroughbreeds and Entebbe they are having a rough year. They keep putting these out pretty wide but with what seems like limited release marketing campaigns

4. Bender says:

FATAL BEAUTY with Kevin Hart and Margot Robbie

BODY OF EVIDENCE with Rhianna and Michael Ealy

5. Ray Pride says:

OVERBOARD is a Pantelion co-venture for the lucrative Spanish-speaking market. Derbez is the star.

6. Heather says:

I have no desire to see overboard either but it looks like its going to make money so there’s the answer.

7. Bulldog68 says:

I don’t want a remake, but I do want a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China, and starring the original cast. Return to Bigger Trouble in Little China. Keep the budget small. Don’t make the same mistake Blade Runner did. I wouldn’t even spend Jumanji dollars on this. Bring it in at $35m like IT and maybe it could make some money. The original was a box office failure but it became a cult classic that I believe has enough of a base to be a mid sized hit without having to be a blockbuster to be a success.

8. Thorough Henry says:

@HCat, you eat your words. Undercover Blues is a perfect piece of cinema and under no circumstances should it ever be remade by anyone.

9. Hcat says:

MARTY!

Henry, I fondly remember Undercover Blues as being a quintessential 80s movie that was unfortunately released in 1993. Certainly no disrespect intended.

10. palmtree says:

Big Trouble part 2 with everyone coming back would be a trip. Too bad Victor Wong isn’t around but I think everyone else is. And some even got bigger like Kim Cattrall.

Speaking of which, are people enjoying Cobra Kai? Seems like an 80s sequel that actually weirdly works.

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump