Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

RIP Steven Bochco

6 Responses to “RIP Steven Bochco”

1. leahnz says:

let’s be careful out there

2. LBB says:

Perfect, leahnz.

3. Bulldog says:

Hill Street Blues and LA Law was must see TV for me at that time. RIP.

4. Hcat says:

Hill Street Blues was probably the largest leap forward in television history. West Wing and Law and Order to Sopranos was more of an incremental progression compared to the gulf between Dallas and Blues.

5. jspartisan says:

Hc, that’s SNL. Hill Street Blues did take drama to another level, but let’s be honest. Nothing really touched Hill Street for close to a decade. That’s how advanced it was in the drama side of things.

6. Hcat says:

JS, looked it up and you’re right, with the exception of St. Elsewhere, there wasn’t anything close until Twin Peaks, I’ll Fly Away, and Homicide followed in the real late eighties.

Its funny looking back at the string of Emmys that Blues won, competing against shows like Murder She Wrote, Magnum PI and the White Shadow. Bochco was flying in rarefied air.

“I had a knockoff Michael Kors bag that said MLK instead of MK. Jada told me that I shouldn’t have knockoff stuff. I told her that my philosophy is, Whatever the bag costs, I should be able to keep that amount of cash in the bag. If it’s a $300 purse, I have to put $300 in cash in that purse. I do not want a bag that is more expensive than the cash I have to put in it. Things are going good for me now, so I am graduating to your Fendis and your Guccis. But I better have the cash equivalent, or I’m not buying the purse. And if things start to go wrong, I’m going right back to my knockoffs. When you’re somebody like me, who’s been homeless, clothes are not that important. Clothes are not a roof over my head, food in my ­stomach, my family’s health—that’s what money is for. But fashion helps get more money. So, we ride.”
~ Tiffany Haddish

“It’s the job of the artist, to exploit connections. You see, I speak on behalf of the world of the artist without hesitation! People don’t realize that the part of the playwright is finding something for people to talk about. If you are writing about a historical episode, or two characters in ‘Hamlet,’ you have a structure for free.”
~ Tom Stoppard