Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

RIP Milos Forman

Milos Forman © 2018 Ray Pride

The President Of Iceland pokes Milos Forman, White House Of Iceland, 2009 Reykjavík Film Festival. (Photo © 2018 Ray Pride.)

6 Responses to “RIP Milos Forman”

1. palmtree says:

Amadeus is easily one of my top 10 favorite films. I can watch it anytime. Thank you, Milos.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

RIP. The People Vs. Larry Flynt is so underrated. It’s an amazing balancing act

3. spassky says:

Firemen’s Ball and Taking Off… man was a legend and lived a very good life.

4. movieman says:

Personal Forman (H’wood) faves are “Hair” and “Ragtime,” both egregiously underrated at the time.
    And “Loves of a Blonde” ranks w/ Truffaut’s “Stolen Kisses” and Rohmer’s “Boyfriends and Girlfriends” as one of the all-time great (subtitled) romantic comedies.

5. Pete B. says:

RIP Art Bell too. Used to catch Coast to Coast AM during 3rd shifts.

6. Pete B. says:

And now RIP R. Lee Ermey as well. “What is your major malfunction?” is a regular quote in my household thanks to Full Metal Jacket.

“If there are theories about me, I’d rather not know. Astrophysics – now that’s fascinating. String theory, worm holes, the expanding universe, the Big Bang versus the Big Bounce – those are the kind of theories that make you feel like living and understanding the mystery of the world. Film theory is just a pain in the ass.”
~ Claire Denis

“I had a knockoff Michael Kors bag that said MLK instead of MK. Jada told me that I shouldn’t have knockoff stuff. I told her that my philosophy is, Whatever the bag costs, I should be able to keep that amount of cash in the bag. If it’s a $300 purse, I have to put $300 in cash in that purse. I do not want a bag that is more expensive than the cash I have to put in it. Things are going good for me now, so I am graduating to your Fendis and your Guccis. But I better have the cash equivalent, or I’m not buying the purse. And if things start to go wrong, I’m going right back to my knockoffs. When you’re somebody like me, who’s been homeless, clothes are not that important. Clothes are not a roof over my head, food in my ­stomach, my family’s health—that’s what money is for. But fashion helps get more money. So, we ride.”
~ Tiffany Haddish