Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

Trailering PHANTOM THREAD

8 Responses to “Trailering PHANTOM THREAD”

1. PTA Fluffer says:

This is one of the best trailers I’ve ever seen. PTA Fluffer predicts major noms in all categories.

2. Geoff says:

“You can sew almost anything into the canvas of a coat. When I was a boy, I started to hide things in the linings of the garments. Things that only I knew were there. Secrets.”

So I’m thinking he could be a closeted homosexual. Or not.

3. Stella's Boy says:

Bums me out that this is it for Day-Lewis. It’s all I can think about when I see or read about the trailer. Just feel sad.

4. Eric says:

I love everyone involved in this movie but the trailer does nothing for me.

5. Mike says:

This trailer makes me want to see this movie less.

6. Bulldog68 says:

Is this the point where Chucky chimes in about all the Oscar bait that is contained in this trailer. I’d totally agree. Costumes? Check. White People Angst? Check. Subtle hints at an even subtler plot? Check. The words “Period Drama” in the synopsis? Check. Level of my interest? Looks like a snooze.

7. spassky says:

it looks absolutely gorgeous. that score — my god. a sharp u-turn back to the territory of ‘the master’. can’t wait to see manville and ddl’s work as well as krieps. can’t wait for the psychosexual simmer. bring this the fuck on.

8. Sideshow Bill says:

I have absolutely no interest in the subject matter but it’s PTA so i will be there with bells on. I felt the same way after the TWBB trailer and it’s become one of my all-time favorite films.

“The difference between poetry and prose, and why if you’re not acculturated to poetry, you might resist it: that page is frightening. Why is it not filled? The two categories of people who don’t feel that way are children and prisoners. So many prison poets; they see that gap and experience it differently. I’m for the gap!”
~ Poet Eileen Myles

“Wise men build bridges, foolish men build barriers.”
~ T’Challa