Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

Trailering PHANTOM THREAD

8 Responses to “Trailering PHANTOM THREAD”

1. PTA Fluffer says:

This is one of the best trailers I’ve ever seen. PTA Fluffer predicts major noms in all categories.

2. Geoff says:

“You can sew almost anything into the canvas of a coat. When I was a boy, I started to hide things in the linings of the garments. Things that only I knew were there. Secrets.”

So I’m thinking he could be a closeted homosexual. Or not.

3. Stella's Boy says:

Bums me out that this is it for Day-Lewis. It’s all I can think about when I see or read about the trailer. Just feel sad.

4. Eric says:

I love everyone involved in this movie but the trailer does nothing for me.

5. Mike says:

This trailer makes me want to see this movie less.

6. Bulldog68 says:

Is this the point where Chucky chimes in about all the Oscar bait that is contained in this trailer. I’d totally agree. Costumes? Check. White People Angst? Check. Subtle hints at an even subtler plot? Check. The words “Period Drama” in the synopsis? Check. Level of my interest? Looks like a snooze.

7. spassky says:

it looks absolutely gorgeous. that score — my god. a sharp u-turn back to the territory of ‘the master’. can’t wait to see manville and ddl’s work as well as krieps. can’t wait for the psychosexual simmer. bring this the fuck on.

8. Sideshow Bill says:

I have absolutely no interest in the subject matter but it’s PTA so i will be there with bells on. I felt the same way after the TWBB trailer and it’s become one of my all-time favorite films.

JS Partisan on: BYOB

Christian on: Friday Estimates: Mamma Equalized 2

JS Partisan on: Friday Estimates: Mamma Equalized 2

Sideshow Bill on: BYOB

JS Partisan on: BYOB

GdB on: BYOB

EtGuild2 on: Weekend Estimates: Johnson Haze

palmtree on: Weekend Estimates: Johnson Haze

Hcat on: Weekend Estimates: Johnson Haze

Glamourboy on: Weekend Estimates: Johnson Haze

“Ten years ago at Telluride, I said on a panel that theatrical distribution was dying. It seemed obvious to me. I was surprised how many in the audience violently objected: ‘People will always want to go to the movies!’ That’s true, but it’s also true that theatrical cinema as we once knew it has died. Theatrical cinema is now Event Cinema, just as theatrical plays and musical performances are Events. No one just goes to a movie. It’s a planned occasion. Four types of Event Cinema remain.
1. Spectacle (IMAX-style blockbusters)
2. Family (cartoon like features)
3. Horror (teen-driven), and
4. Film Club (formerly arthouse but now anything serious).

There are isolated pockets like black cinema, romcom, girl’s-night-out, seniors, teen gross-outs, but it’s primarily those four. Everything else is TV. Now I have to go back to episode five of ‘Looming Tower.'”
~ Paul Schrader

“Because of my relative candor on Twitter regarding why I quit my day job, my DMs have overflowed with similar stories from colleagues around the globe. These peeks behind the curtains of film festivals, venues, distributors and funding bodies weren’t pretty. Certain dismal patterns recurred (and resonated): Boards who don’t engage with or even understand their organization’s artistic mission and are insensitive to the diverse neighborhood in which their organization’s venue is located; incompetent founders and/or presidents who create only obstacles, never solutions; unduly empowered, Trumpian bean counters who chip away at the taste and experiences that make organizations’ cultural offerings special; expensive PR teams that don’t bring to the table a bare-minimum familiarity with the rich subcultural art form they’re half-heartedly peddling as “product”; nonprofit arts organizations for whom art now ranks as a distant-second goal behind profit.”
~ Eric Allen Hatch