Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

Postering Charlie Sheen’s 9/11 Drama With Whoopi Goldberg

Charlie
For those who have hungered all summer for “adult” entertainment, your wait is over on September 8, for Charlie Sheen’s labor of love, 9/11. (Press release, CHARLIE SHEEN’S “9/11” ACQUIRED BY ATLAS DISTRIBUTION, here.)

9 Responses to “Postering Charlie Sheen’s 9/11 Drama With Whoopi Goldberg”

1. jspartisan says:

September 8? Oh fuck you movie! FUCK. YOU.

2. EtGuild2 says:

Oh My God

3. Joe Straatmann says:

Sadly, we are in a world where this is only the 5th most upsetting thing I’ve seen today.

4. YancySkancy says:

Winning! But not Oscar-winning.

5. hcat says:

And Sheen is a truther on top of it. So this can be even worse than what it is on paper.

6. Ray Pride says:

The director’s resume is not encouraging. (In the link)

7. Mark F. says:

Why no “epic” film or miniseries about 9/11 yet? Seems like a natural for that.

8. Ray Pride says:

World Trade Center (Oliver Stone, 2006)?

9. Chucky says:

There must be a way to shoot this P.O.S. down with an ICBM.

“Ten years ago at Telluride, I said on a panel that theatrical distribution was dying. It seemed obvious to me. I was surprised how many in the audience violently objected: ‘People will always want to go to the movies!’ That’s true, but it’s also true that theatrical cinema as we once knew it has died. Theatrical cinema is now Event Cinema, just as theatrical plays and musical performances are Events. No one just goes to a movie. It’s a planned occasion. Four types of Event Cinema remain.
1. Spectacle (IMAX-style blockbusters)
2. Family (cartoon like features)
3. Horror (teen-driven), and
4. Film Club (formerly arthouse but now anything serious).

There are isolated pockets like black cinema, romcom, girl’s-night-out, seniors, teen gross-outs, but it’s primarily those four. Everything else is TV. Now I have to go back to episode five of ‘Looming Tower.'”
~ Paul Schrader

“Because of my relative candor on Twitter regarding why I quit my day job, my DMs have overflowed with similar stories from colleagues around the globe. These peeks behind the curtains of film festivals, venues, distributors and funding bodies weren’t pretty. Certain dismal patterns recurred (and resonated): Boards who don’t engage with or even understand their organization’s artistic mission and are insensitive to the diverse neighborhood in which their organization’s venue is located; incompetent founders and/or presidents who create only obstacles, never solutions; unduly empowered, Trumpian bean counters who chip away at the taste and experiences that make organizations’ cultural offerings special; expensive PR teams that don’t bring to the table a bare-minimum familiarity with the rich subcultural art form they’re half-heartedly peddling as “product”; nonprofit arts organizations for whom art now ranks as a distant-second goal behind profit.”
~ Eric Allen Hatch