Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

Postering Charlie Sheen’s 9/11 Drama With Whoopi Goldberg

Charlie
For those who have hungered all summer for “adult” entertainment, your wait is over on September 8, for Charlie Sheen’s labor of love, 9/11. (Press release, CHARLIE SHEEN’S “9/11” ACQUIRED BY ATLAS DISTRIBUTION, here.)

9 Responses to “Postering Charlie Sheen’s 9/11 Drama With Whoopi Goldberg”

1. jspartisan says:

September 8? Oh fuck you movie! FUCK. YOU.

2. EtGuild2 says:

Oh My God

3. Joe Straatmann says:

Sadly, we are in a world where this is only the 5th most upsetting thing I’ve seen today.

4. YancySkancy says:

Winning! But not Oscar-winning.

5. hcat says:

And Sheen is a truther on top of it. So this can be even worse than what it is on paper.

6. Ray Pride says:

The director’s resume is not encouraging. (In the link)

7. Mark F. says:

Why no “epic” film or miniseries about 9/11 yet? Seems like a natural for that.

8. Ray Pride says:

World Trade Center (Oliver Stone, 2006)?

9. Chucky says:

There must be a way to shoot this P.O.S. down with an ICBM.

“So, what does it look like when he leaves the show? First, it looks like a ratings spike, and I had a nice chuckle about that. But the truth is, the ink wasn’t even dry on his exit papers before they rushed in a new guy. I was on vacation in Sicily, decompressing — it was a long working relationship and it was a tumultuous end and I needed a moment to just chill with some rosé — and they’re calling me, going, ‘What do you think of this guy?’ ‘What do you think of this guy?’ And they’re sending pictures. I was like, ‘Are you people fucking nuts? Why do you feel that you have to replace this person?’ I couldn’t believe how fast the studio and the network felt like they had to get a penis in there.”
Ellen Pompeo

“I am, as you indicate, no stranger as a novelist to the erotic furies. Men enveloped by sexual temptation is one of the aspects of men’s lives that I’ve written about in some of my books. Men responsive to the insistent call of sexual pleasure, beset by shameful desires and the undauntedness of obsessive lusts, beguiled even by the lure of the taboo — over the decades, I have imagined a small coterie of unsettled men possessed by just such inflammatory forces they must negotiate and contend with. I’ve tried to be uncompromising in depicting these men each as he is, each as he behaves, aroused, stimulated, hungry in the grip of carnal fervor and facing the array of psychological and ethical quandaries the exigencies of desire present. I haven’t shunned the hard facts in these fictions of why and how and when tumescent men do what they do, even when these have not been in harmony with the portrayal that a masculine public-relations campaign — if there were such a thing — might prefer. I’ve stepped not just inside the male head but into the reality of those urges whose obstinate pressure by its persistence can menace one’s rationality, urges sometimes so intense they may even be experienced as a form of lunacy. Consequently, none of the more extreme conduct I have been reading about in the newspapers lately has astonished me.”
~ Philip Roth