Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

Postering Charlie Sheen’s 9/11 Drama With Whoopi Goldberg

Charlie
For those who have hungered all summer for “adult” entertainment, your wait is over on September 8, for Charlie Sheen’s labor of love, 9/11. (Press release, CHARLIE SHEEN’S “9/11” ACQUIRED BY ATLAS DISTRIBUTION, here.)

9 Responses to “Postering Charlie Sheen’s 9/11 Drama With Whoopi Goldberg”

1. jspartisan says:

September 8? Oh fuck you movie! FUCK. YOU.

2. EtGuild2 says:

Oh My God

3. Joe Straatmann says:

Sadly, we are in a world where this is only the 5th most upsetting thing I’ve seen today.

4. YancySkancy says:

Winning! But not Oscar-winning.

5. hcat says:

And Sheen is a truther on top of it. So this can be even worse than what it is on paper.

6. Ray Pride says:

The director’s resume is not encouraging. (In the link)

7. Mark F. says:

Why no “epic” film or miniseries about 9/11 yet? Seems like a natural for that.

8. Ray Pride says:

World Trade Center (Oliver Stone, 2006)?

9. Chucky says:

There must be a way to shoot this P.O.S. down with an ICBM.

“I never accepted the term contrarian. I think that’s offensive, frankly. And my response to that is: if I’m a contrarian, what are other reviewers? What I strive to do is be a good critic, not somebody who simply accepts the product put in front of me. I guess it scares people to think that they don’t have any originality; that they don’t have the capacity to think for themselves.

“There’s a line a lot of reviewers use that I don’t like at all. They say ‘accept the film on its own terms.’ What that really means is, ‘accept the film as it is advertised.’ That’s got nothing to do with criticism. Nothing to do with having a response as a film watcher. A thinking person has to analyze what’s on screen, not simply rubber-stamp it or kowtow to marketing.”m

“To me, everything does have a political component and I think it’s an interesting way to look at art. It’s one way that makes film reviewing, I think, a politically relevant form of journalism. We do live in a political world, and we bring our political sense to the movies with us – unless you’re the kind of person who goes to the movies and shuts off the outside world. I’m not that kind of person.”
~ Armond White to Luke Buckmaster

“One of comedy’s defining pathologies, alongside literal pathologies like narcissism and self-loathing, is its swaggering certainty that it is part of the political vanguard, while upholding one of the most rigidly patriarchal hierarchies of any art form.”
~ Lindy West