50 Shades Of BYOBlog

teenage grey

7 Responses to “50 Shades Of BYOBlog”

1. Pete B. says:

“You keep what you kill.”

2. Glamourboy says:

I never miss a Judi Dench action film.

3. Ray Pride says:

Bond hasn’t been the same since Dame Judi scampered off.

4. EtGuild2 says:

Finally caught “20th Century Women,” which I don’t recall being discussed much on the blog. It really snuck up on me. At first the disorganized, anecdotal approach didn’t work for me, but it sure as hell did once it got rolling. Funny, melodramatic and poignant. Mike Mills gets more interesting to me with every movie.

5. Movieman says:

Agree re/ “Women,” Ethan.
    It’s the sort of movie that takes awhile to “unpack” (the “disorganized, anecdotal approach” you referenced) and coalesce, but once it does it’s extraordinarily powerful. I was surprised at how moved I was by the ending.
    Disgraceful that Annette Bening and Greta Gerwig weren’t nominated.

6. EtGuild2 says:

Agreed.

“I had a knockoff Michael Kors bag that said MLK instead of MK. Jada told me that I shouldn’t have knockoff stuff. I told her that my philosophy is, Whatever the bag costs, I should be able to keep that amount of cash in the bag. If it’s a $300 purse, I have to put $300 in cash in that purse. I do not want a bag that is more expensive than the cash I have to put in it. Things are going good for me now, so I am graduating to your Fendis and your Guccis. But I better have the cash equivalent, or I’m not buying the purse. And if things start to go wrong, I’m going right back to my knockoffs. When you’re somebody like me, who’s been homeless, clothes are not that important. Clothes are not a roof over my head, food in my ­stomach, my family’s health—that’s what money is for. But fashion helps get more money. So, we ride.”
~ Tiffany Haddish

“It’s the job of the artist, to exploit connections. You see, I speak on behalf of the world of the artist without hesitation! People don’t realize that the part of the playwright is finding something for people to talk about. If you are writing about a historical episode, or two characters in ‘Hamlet,’ you have a structure for free.”
~ Tom Stoppard