50 Shades Of BYOBlog

teenage grey

7 Responses to “50 Shades Of BYOBlog”

1. Pete B. says:

“You keep what you kill.”

2. Glamourboy says:

I never miss a Judi Dench action film.

3. Ray Pride says:

Bond hasn’t been the same since Dame Judi scampered off.

4. EtGuild2 says:

Finally caught “20th Century Women,” which I don’t recall being discussed much on the blog. It really snuck up on me. At first the disorganized, anecdotal approach didn’t work for me, but it sure as hell did once it got rolling. Funny, melodramatic and poignant. Mike Mills gets more interesting to me with every movie.

5. Movieman says:

Agree re/ “Women,” Ethan.
    It’s the sort of movie that takes awhile to “unpack” (the “disorganized, anecdotal approach” you referenced) and coalesce, but once it does it’s extraordinarily powerful. I was surprised at how moved I was by the ending.
    Disgraceful that Annette Bening and Greta Gerwig weren’t nominated.

6. EtGuild2 says:

Agreed.

“If you’re smart and you get old, all you know is that everything changes. You’re not in control of anything. If you don’t learn that early, you’re going to be fucked. No, really… you can rail it all you like. It’s like the last railings of [these] people. It’s like the last railings of this group of people who are going extinct and you want to go, ‘What the fuck are you talking about?’ What are you clinging to? America of the ‘50s? Or England of the ‘50s with Brexit? People pottering around tending their garden in Norfolk thinking, ‘These Syrians are going to come in any minute now and ruin my roses.’ What a load of cock.”
~ Ian McShane

“What IS it with people who ask questions on posts like the person who posted is their personal researcher and water carrier? Do they not realize they’re online themselves? That they can read the story the post links to? That of the seven billion people on earth, almost none of them are mom?”
~ Rebecca Solnit