BYOB is back…

byob_303

8 Responses to “BYOB is back…”

1. EtGuild2 says:

I agree with Indiewire: Illumination Entertainment is Satanic.

SING is the most carefully crafted lard sculpture of cross-promotion I’ve ever seen that isn’t already part of a franchise.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Carrying this over from another thread because I’m so happy about it: I could not be more thrilled that Wes Anderson is doing another stop-motion animated film. I love Fantastic Mr. Fox with all my heart. It was a wonderful experience for me and my daughters. I can’t wait until Isle Of Dogs is released. Gonna be a long wait. Anyone else?

3. Doug R says:

Tempted to enter the contest where first prize is a trip to London and a voice on “Isle Of Dogs”.

4. EtGuild2 says:

FANTASTIC MR. FOX is one of my favorite animated movies of all-time, and my favorite Wes Anderson, so I’m equally thrilled.

5. Hcat says:

One of the things I love about Anderson is each time I see one of his films they get more Wes Andersony. After Life Aquatic I thought he had entirely disappeared into his own mind, but then Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonlight Kingdom was even more so and then Grand Budapest even more so than that. It is wonderful to have a filmmaker working where each time they release something you think “oh wait, thats his masterpiece” and your favorite film of his is constantly shifting depending on which you have seen most recently.

6. Sideshow Bill says:

I agree he’s on a great streak. Mr, Fox, Moonrise and Budapest are among if not at the top of my list. We quote Mr. Fox around here all the time, completely randomly. “he’s rabid, with rabies.” That’s a popular one.

7. Doug R says:

“Are you cussing with me?”

8. Sideshow Bill says:

^^^^ Excellent.

“Film festivals, for those who don’t know, are not exactly the glitzy red carpet affairs you see on TV. Those do happen, but they’re a tiny part of the festival. The main part of any film festival are the thousands of people with festival passes hanging on lanyards beneath their anoraks, carrying brochures for movies you have never and will never hear of, desperately scrabbling to sell whatever movie it is to buyers from all over the world. Every hotel bar, every cafe, every restaurant is filled to the brim with these people, talking loudly about non-existent deals. The Brits are the worst because most of the British film industry, with a few honourable exceptions, are scam artists and chancers who move around from company to company failing to get anything good made and trying to cast Danny Dyer in anything that moves. I’m seeing guys here who I first met twenty years ago and who are still wearing the same clothes, doing the same job (albeit for a different company) and spinning the same line of bullshit about how THIS movie has Al Pacino or Meryl Streep or George Clooney attached and, whilst that last one didn’t work out, THIS ONE is going to be HUGE. As the day goes on, they start drinking and it all gets ugly and, well, that’s why I’m the guy walking through the Tiergarten with a camera taking pictures of frozen lakes and pretending this isn’t happening.

“Berlin is cool, though and I’ve been lucky to be doing meetings with some people who want to actually get things done. We’ll see what comes of it.”
~ Julian Simpson

“The difference between poetry and prose, and why if you’re not acculturated to poetry, you might resist it: that page is frightening. Why is it not filled? The two categories of people who don’t feel that way are children and prisoners. So many prison poets; they see that gap and experience it differently. I’m for the gap!”
~ Poet Eileen Myles