BYOB is back…

byob_303

8 Responses to “BYOB is back…”

1. EtGuild2 says:

I agree with Indiewire: Illumination Entertainment is Satanic.

SING is the most carefully crafted lard sculpture of cross-promotion I’ve ever seen that isn’t already part of a franchise.

2. Sideshow Bill says:

Carrying this over from another thread because I’m so happy about it: I could not be more thrilled that Wes Anderson is doing another stop-motion animated film. I love Fantastic Mr. Fox with all my heart. It was a wonderful experience for me and my daughters. I can’t wait until Isle Of Dogs is released. Gonna be a long wait. Anyone else?

3. Doug R says:

Tempted to enter the contest where first prize is a trip to London and a voice on “Isle Of Dogs”.

4. EtGuild2 says:

FANTASTIC MR. FOX is one of my favorite animated movies of all-time, and my favorite Wes Anderson, so I’m equally thrilled.

5. Hcat says:

One of the things I love about Anderson is each time I see one of his films they get more Wes Andersony. After Life Aquatic I thought he had entirely disappeared into his own mind, but then Fantastic Mr. Fox and Moonlight Kingdom was even more so and then Grand Budapest even more so than that. It is wonderful to have a filmmaker working where each time they release something you think “oh wait, thats his masterpiece” and your favorite film of his is constantly shifting depending on which you have seen most recently.

6. Sideshow Bill says:

I agree he’s on a great streak. Mr, Fox, Moonrise and Budapest are among if not at the top of my list. We quote Mr. Fox around here all the time, completely randomly. “he’s rabid, with rabies.” That’s a popular one.

7. Doug R says:

“Are you cussing with me?”

8. Sideshow Bill says:

^^^^ Excellent.

“All of the security, all of the waiters, all of the musicians … that’s 3,000 people!” The shopping required fifty tractor trailers. The are thirty gallons of cocktail sauce; 350 pounds of smoked salmon; 200 pounds of brussels sprouts, 250 pounds parmesan cheese; 3,600 eggs; 6,000 mini-brioche buns; five gallons of hot fudge; 20 pounds pickled ginger; 30 pounds edible gold dust; 7,000 miniature chocolate Oscars. There are 1,400 bottles of Piper-Heidsieck champagne and 2,200 bottles from Francis Ford Coppola’s winery. This will be served in and upon 13,000 glasses, 4,500 bamboo skewers, 4,800 ramekins and 6,000 cocktail forks.”
~ Wolfgang Puck Goes Oscar Dinner Shopping

“While these images seem to reveal all, they disclose nothing beneath the surface. All that we know is what we see onscreen and that Seberg’s face is delicate and lightly creased. She’s rarely shown smiling, although there are instances when she laughs emphatically, moments that feel uncomfortable and artificial, as if she were trying out an emotion she had forgotten. We know the texture of her skin; the patterns on the walls; the depth of field; the quality of the light; the contrast of the black-and-white film; the level of grain; the dowdiness of her clothes. She’s partial to granny dresses, or maybe they’re nightgowns, and when she stands in front of a window, the sunlight glows softly, creating a kind of ravishing halo effect: Saint Jean.”
~ Manohla Dargis On Philippe Garrel’s Les Hautes Solitudes