Friday Estimates by Girl Talk On The Bus Klady

Friday Estimates 2016-10-08 at 9.01.53 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by Girl Talk On The Bus Klady”

1. Christian says:

Kinda “meh” number on VOYAGE OF TIME, although I don’t know what expectations are for real IMAX theaters (as opposed to multiplex lie-MAX theaters). How many of those are there? What’s the capacity at each and the number of daily showtimes?

2. Christian says:

Well, I guess the relevant number re: the first question above is “9,” eh?

3. Movieman says:

The presidential campaign is so much juicier (and infinitely more interesting) than the blah weekend box office.
    Hard to focus on much else right now.

4. EtGuild2 says:

I’d say so, given that I just watched a panel show that referred to “big, phony tits” and whether it’s anatomically feasible to grab a woman by the you-know-what.

5. Pete B. says:

Are the numbers correct? How is Miss Peregrine down 57%, when that’s the same numer (8.9) as last Friday?

6. Sideshow Bill says:

Peregrine should be 3.9, I think.

Not only is the election more entertaining than box office releases, MLB Playoffs are fantastic. Lifelong Cubs fan here so my time is booked. No Girl On A Train for me.

7. leahnz says:

entertaining isn’t the word i’d use to describe it

8. Sideshow Bill says:

Traumatic, maybe, leahnz? That might be more accurate

9. leahnz says:

ha yeah why not. stay frosty
    (today’s debate: hermione v michael myers, like if he’d never escaped/gone back to haddonfield and somehow been released from the psyche ward many years on supposedly “rehabilitated”)

10. Pete B. says:

Hermione? Really?

~ Hideo Kojima

“They’re still talking about the ‘cathedral of cinema,’ the ‘communal experience,’ blah blah. The experiences I’ve had recently in the theatre have not been good. There’s commercials, noise, cellphones. I was watching Colette at the Varsity, and halfway through red flashes came up at the bottom of the frame. A woman came out and said, ‘We’re going to have to reboot, so take fifteen minutes and come back.’ Then they rebooted it from the beginning, and she had to ask the audience to tell her how far to go. You tell me, is that a great experience? I generally don’t watch movies in a cinema at all. Netflix is the future. It’s the present. But the whole paradigm of a series, binge-watching, it’s quite different. My first reaction is that it’s more novelistic, because if you have an eight-hour season, you can get into complex, intricate things. You can let it breathe and the audience expectations are such that they will let you, where before they wouldn’t have the patience. I think only the surface has been touched with experimenting with that.”
~ David Cronenberg