Friday Estimates by Girl Talk On The Bus Klady

Friday Estimates 2016-10-08 at 9.01.53 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by Girl Talk On The Bus Klady”

1. Christian says:

Kinda “meh” number on VOYAGE OF TIME, although I don’t know what expectations are for real IMAX theaters (as opposed to multiplex lie-MAX theaters). How many of those are there? What’s the capacity at each and the number of daily showtimes?

2. Christian says:

Well, I guess the relevant number re: the first question above is “9,” eh?

3. Movieman says:

The presidential campaign is so much juicier (and infinitely more interesting) than the blah weekend box office.
    Hard to focus on much else right now.

4. EtGuild2 says:

I’d say so, given that I just watched a panel show that referred to “big, phony tits” and whether it’s anatomically feasible to grab a woman by the you-know-what.

5. Pete B. says:

Are the numbers correct? How is Miss Peregrine down 57%, when that’s the same numer (8.9) as last Friday?

6. Sideshow Bill says:

Peregrine should be 3.9, I think.

Not only is the election more entertaining than box office releases, MLB Playoffs are fantastic. Lifelong Cubs fan here so my time is booked. No Girl On A Train for me.

7. leahnz says:

entertaining isn’t the word i’d use to describe it

8. Sideshow Bill says:

Traumatic, maybe, leahnz? That might be more accurate

9. leahnz says:

ha yeah why not. stay frosty
    (today’s debate: hermione v michael myers, like if he’d never escaped/gone back to haddonfield and somehow been released from the psyche ward many years on supposedly “rehabilitated”)

10. Pete B. says:

Hermione? Really?

“What Quibi trying to do is get to the next generation of film narrative. The first generation was movies, and they were principally two-hour stories that were designed to be watched in a single sitting in a movie theater [ED: After formats like the nickelodeon]. The next generation of film narrative was television, principally designed to be watched in one-hour chapters in front of a television set. I believe the third generation of film narrative will be a merging of those two ideas, which is to tell two-hour stories in chapters that are seven to ten minutes in length. We are actually doing long-form in bite-size.”
~ Jeffrey Katzenberg

“The important thing is: what makes the audience interested in it? Of course, I don’t take on any roles that don’t interest me, or where I can’t find anything for myself in it. But I don’t like talking about that. If you go into a restaurant and you have been served an exquisite meal, you don’t need to know how the chef felt, or when he chose the vegetables on the market. I always feel a little like I would pull the rug out from under myself if I were to I speak about the background of my work. My explanations would come into conflict with the reason a movie is made in the first place — for the experience of the audience — and that, I would not want.
~  Christoph Waltz