Friday Estimates by 3x Dead Klady

Friday Estimatest 2016-02-27 at 9.22.18 AM

10 Responses to “Friday Estimates by 3x Dead Klady”

1. EtGuild2 says:

What a hold for DEADPOOL. Increasingly looks like it’ll top GUARDIANS domestically as the #2 non-sequel superhero (Avengers certainly doesn’t count) behind Spider-Man. If you’d predicted this movie would top GUARDIANS a month ago as a box office analyst, you’d probably have been fired on the spot.

Also worth noting it’s going to go down as Fox’s 4th biggest movie of all-time….which is….bizarre.

Nice hold for THE WITCH!

2. movieman says:

I know it’s everybody’s current favorite whipping boy, but I prefer the innocent schlock of “Gods of Egypt” to decadent Marvel schlock.
    “Gods” is closer to vintage Harryhausen and ’80s Cannon (hey there, “Masters of the Universe”) than to the airbrushed vapidity of most 21st century super hero movies.
    Not saying “Gods” is “good” by any means–it’s actually pretty terrible–but its most egregious sin is overstaying its welcome by a good 20-30 minutes. I would have probably loved it when I was six years old.
    Also have to give props to any movie that costs so much and looks so chintzy, lol.

3. PcChongor says:

The fact that “Gods of Egypt” still beat “Triple 9″ is hugely depressing. It might not be a masterpiece, but Hillcoat and the cast still did a great job for the genre.

4. Sideshow Bill says:

I saw The Witch for a second time today. I have not been so instantly in love with a film in a long time. It’s not for everyone, but I will be watching this film as much as possible for the rest of my life. It’s one of those works that reminds me why I’ve dedicated so much of my life to movie-going. Once in a while you find The Witch, and it’s all worth while.

5. jspartisan says:

Movie, you’d rather see a whitewashed telling of Egyptian mythology, than a Marvel movie. What… the… fuck. Yeah. That’s pretty fucked up dude.

6. Nux says:

The whitewashing is the least of its problems. GODS OF EGYPT is the worst mega budget tentpole ever released by a “studio.”

7. movieman says:

Short memory there, Nux.
    There’s “Battlefield Earth” for starters.
    And how about Shyamalan’s “The Last Airbender”?
    Or the same director’s “After Earth”?
    As I stated above, “Egypt” is a terrible movie, but at least it’s innocent schlock.
    Dargis’ bemused NYT review on Friday pretty much sums up my feelings about it.

8. Hmmm says:

All of those movies are better than GODS OF EGYPT. A SOUND OF THUNDER is better than GODS OF EGYPT. D-WAR is better than GODS OF EGYPT.

9. Doug R says:

The trailers for Gods of Egypt remind us of past Februarys before The Lego Movie and Deadpool showed us it’s possible for movies to suck less.

10. Pete B says:

I haven’t seen God of Egypt, but I walked out of the theater stupider than when I went in after seeing D-War. I told my wife I that the film definitely killed off some brain cells it was sooooo bad.

Finally got around to seeing Deadpool. It was a fun quirky movie. Surprised it is doing as much business as it is though. Seems more like a fanboy film than a mainstream success.

~ Quentin Tarantino