BYOB: April The 16th Be With You

14 Responses to “BYOB: April The 16th Be With You”

1. leahnz says:

dream on black boy
    dream on white girl
    and wake up to a brand new day (to find your dreams have washed away)

does Chewey have some grey hair too? i couldn’t quite tell, i hope so – old granddads solo and bacca keepin’ it real in the empire, rebels4life

2. Pete B. says:

Hey INXS!
    Yeah, Chewie should have some gray hair and maybe a beer gut too.

3. PcChongor says:

It looks like “Star Wars” has finally become the same sort of generic, sci-fi claptrap that “2001” and “A New Hope” were originally rebelling against. Hopefully Nichols’ “Midnight Special” is the one getting remade in forty years and “The Force Awakens” fades away like”Buck Rogers” did back in the 70s.

4. Hallick says:

I don’t follow Star Wars lore closely enough to know the average lifespan of a wookie, but Han Solo getting old and gray doesn’t necessarily mean that Chewie should be doing the same thing. Maybe he’s been toting around a ton of “Just For Men” hair products in that utility belt of his.

Which reminds me: thanks to these movies, I was never able to process the fact that my hispanic grade school classmates were not named Chuy after Chewbacca. Why else would you name a kid Chuy?!?

5. MAGGA says:

PcChongor, let’s hope that forty years from now, if cinema exists, we have a better generation of moviegoers and that nothing really gets remade

6. amblinman says:

Is it me or is there a huge Emperor-has-no-clothes vibe with how folks are reacting to this trailer? Everyone I know is suddenly crazy excited for this but I didn’t see anything in there that even remotely tickled adult-me or child-me. Not one image that stirred the imagination. Seeing an old Harrison Ford wearing a young man’s character is depressing, not reassuring.

Guys my age have done an amazing job of training audiences to have a Pavlovian reaction to this stuff.

7. Stella's Boy says:

Don’t the fanboys react this way to every event trailer? Guardians of the Galaxy and both Avengers and so on? They’re all the greatest trailer ever and salivated over and if you dare diss then you’re a No Fun Charlie.

I also want to say RIP to Justified. One of the best shows on TV and also insanely under-appreciated. So much better than pretty much all the prestige shows currently airing.

8. Jerryishere says:

Star Wars isn’t a fan boy thing.

Fanboys are a small subset
    It’s a family, kids of all ages franchise
    Very different than the marvel /dc stuff

If you have kids of your own you understand this

9. Stella's Boy says:

I do have kids of my own. Two in fact. You seem a little defensive Jerry.

10. Jerryishere says:

How so?
    Just stating an opinion

11. storymark says:

“Anyone who likes this is a sheep!”

“Not necessarily.”

“STOP BEING DEFENSIVE!”

12. Stella's Boy says:

Didn’t say anything about sheep, but if I had a nickel for every time I’ve been pilloried for not adoring The Avengers and its ilk, I’d be a very wealthy man.

13. Hallick says:

Yeah, alright, but it is still the fanboys who are going allergy-defying NUTS over this thing that doesn’t actually have all that much to it yet. It’s a “glimpser” more than a “teaser”.

14. John E. says:

If I could get a nickel for every time I got pilloried for not adoring The Avengers, I would be trolling Avengers fan-sites 24/7.

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump