Trailer: Out Of Print

The film is about the New Beverly revival house in Los Angeles and the future of film.

6 Responses to “Trailer: Out Of Print”

1. cadavra says:

Wow! I’m in this! How very cool. :-)

2. Kevin says:

No mention of Tarantino?

3. Jeffrey Boam's Doctor says:

Very weird Tarantino is not in this. Not only is he the directors boss, he’s the obvious A lister apart from Nolan to talk to about digital takeover.

4. berg says:

I haven’t seen the film but just because he’s not in the trailer doesn’t mean he isn’t in the film

5. cadavra says:

The IMDb does not list him in the cast. It’s possible he declined to appear precisely because he owns the building. Not much of a reason, I grant you, but what else could it be? Certainly not modesty, and this was shot over a long period of time, so he must have been in town at some point.

6. Jason Kelly says:

Hi David,

Got an award winning filmmaker eager to chat with you (u r DP/30 David Poland, right?).

Pls contact me if you r: scott-jamesagency@att.com

Thanks.

Jason Kelly
    Literary Agent
    Scott-James Talent Agency

“There are different signs that this is not stopping. I don’t think that anger and frustration and those feelings can go away. I hope they don’t. The attention and support for the victims needs to be continued, more than people worried about these abusers and what’s next for them, how are they going to move on — shut up. You know what? If any of these people come back, I would say, “I can’t wait to see who is actually going to support them.” That is going to be the glaring horror. Who is going to be, like, “This is a pressing issue, and we need to get them back?” If a janitor was so great at cleaning the building but also tended to masturbate in front of people, would the people at that building be like, “Yes, he masturbated, but I’ve never seen anyone clean so thoroughly, and I was just wondering when he’s going to get his job back, he’s so good at it.” No, it would be, “That’s not acceptable.” It’s fame and power that people are blinded by.”
~ Tig Notaro in the New York Times

“It’s never been easy. I’ve always been one of the scavenger dogs of film financing, picking up money here and there. I’ve been doing that all my life. This was one was relatively easy because certain costs have gone down so much. I made this film in 20 days whereas 30 years ago, it would have been made in 42.”
~ Paul Schrader