Trailer: Out Of Print

The film is about the New Beverly revival house in Los Angeles and the future of film.

6 Responses to “Trailer: Out Of Print”

1. cadavra says:

Wow! I’m in this! How very cool. :-)

2. Kevin says:

No mention of Tarantino?

3. Jeffrey Boam's Doctor says:

Very weird Tarantino is not in this. Not only is he the directors boss, he’s the obvious A lister apart from Nolan to talk to about digital takeover.

4. berg says:

I haven’t seen the film but just because he’s not in the trailer doesn’t mean he isn’t in the film

5. cadavra says:

The IMDb does not list him in the cast. It’s possible he declined to appear precisely because he owns the building. Not much of a reason, I grant you, but what else could it be? Certainly not modesty, and this was shot over a long period of time, so he must have been in town at some point.

6. Jason Kelly says:

Hi David,

Got an award winning filmmaker eager to chat with you (u r DP/30 David Poland, right?).

Pls contact me if you r: scott-jamesagency@att.com

Thanks.

Jason Kelly
    Literary Agent
    Scott-James Talent Agency

“Almodóvar–the first name is almost unnecessary–is a genius, is a flower, is a guiding light: the last, best son of Buñuel and so much more than that. His screenplays, which he directs with passion and fine care, have taught us about the exteriors of his native land and the interiors of our own hearts. From the early, manic experimental Super-8 work to the breakthrough Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, his titles are as evocative as most people’s screenplays. Yet for all their antic energy, Almodóvar’s films are deeply spiritual: watching his disturbing, mysterious, heart-rending Talk to Her is to understand, perhaps for the first time, the full meaning of grace. An Almodóvar screenplay is a running leap off a Gaudi balcony, it flips, soars, ascends, careens, tumbles, falls – always landing, astonishingly and astonished, on its feet.”
~ Howard A. Rodman, Announcing Almodóvar’s Jean Renoir Award

“I got a feeling I am going to win in the long run, but I want to be part of the zeitgeist, too. I want to support young girls who are in their 20s now and tell them: You’re not just imagining things. It’s tough. Everything that a guy says once, you have to say five times. Girls now are also faced with different problems. I’ve been guilty of one thing: After being the only girl in bands for 10 years, I learned—the hard way—that if I was going to get my ideas through, I was going to have to pretend that they—men—had the ideas. I became really good at this and I don’t even notice it myself. I don’t really have an ego. I’m not that bothered. I just want the whole thing to be good. And I’m not saying one bad thing about the guys who were with me in the bands, because they’re all amazing and creative, and they’re doing incredible things now. But I come from a generation where that was the only way to get things done. So I have to play stupid and just do everything with five times the amount of energy, and then it will come through.”
~ Björk to Jessica Hopper at Pitchfork