DP/30: Metallica Through The Never, drummer/writer/exec producer Lars Ulrich

12 Responses to “DP/30: Metallica Through The Never, drummer/writer/exec producer Lars Ulrich”

1. Stipe Vuković says:

Heloo from Croatia.
    Metallica… is my family :)
    Lars tnx for this movie, can’t wait to look it in cinema :)

2. John says:

Cool Lars!!
    Going to iMax tonight
    Hope it’s mostly your jamming!!!
    Screw the story-line!!!
    Come back to South Florida dammit
    You said you be back real soon at the Death Mag Concert!!!
    John

3. LexG says:

GOD ULRICH HOLY FUCK HOW DID POLAND EVER LAND THIS????

THIS IS INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANITY

4. berg says:

Ulrich is conversant about Starlet and In A World as well as mainstream films, seems pretty film savvy to me

5. LexG says:

He’s married to Connie Nielsen, no?

6. berg says:

Mission to Mars pow wow

7. LexG says:

Finally watched this in full. RULED.

8. Popcorn Slayer says:

Whoah, Ulrich is a mere hair trim away from being a dead ringer for Anthony Hopkins circa SOTL.

9. YancySkancy says:

Lex, he was with Neilsen for several years and they have a kid together, but I don’t think they ever married. They split up last year.

10. LexG says:

Yancy/DP, yeah, I made the Nielsen assumption before watching the interview, where Lars talks about his current gal and family and all…

You know what I like best about this interview? Something I kinda scoffed at a few minutes in where DP full-on cops to not being a metal guy, and you see a glint in Lars’ eye like “yeah no shit”… Then somehow it frees up the rest of it to be totally disarming and just shooting the shit about movies and business and his family; When I heard POLAND was interviewing LARS ULRICH, I thought this would be embarrassing or something, but it’s a really good, relaxed chat. Even Sanj has informed me he gives this one a 9/10… Who knew POLAND AND LARS ULRICH would be a fun duo to listen kick around movies and stuff? HA, made me wanna rent Juggernaut!

11. gordan says:

i am croatian please film for croatia.

12. gordan says:

please release for croatia
    i am metallica fan.

“I wanted to make you love a murderer. There’s no way of redeeming him. He’s a drunk and a killer. He killed at least seven people (that we know of). But there were reasons he was a bad guy. He was surrounded by evil in those days. A lot of people were killed building modern Florida—modern everywhere. Watson had plenty of opportunities to see how rough those guys were playing and he thought he could do it too. At least he rationalized it that way. He had the devil beaten out of him and became a very dangerous guy. And he couldn’t handle his liquor, which is one of the worst aspects of him. And he went crazy. Understanding how that happened is useful, I think. There’s no reason any one of us couldn’t be Edgar Watson.”
~ Peter Mathiessen On Writing “Killing Mister Watson”

“Objects and their manufacture are inseparable, you understand a product if you understand how it’s made.”
~ Jony Ive