DP/30: Metallica Through The Never, drummer/writer/exec producer Lars Ulrich

12 Responses to “DP/30: Metallica Through The Never, drummer/writer/exec producer Lars Ulrich”

1. Stipe Vuković says:

Heloo from Croatia.
    Metallica… is my family :)
    Lars tnx for this movie, can’t wait to look it in cinema :)

2. John says:

Cool Lars!!
    Going to iMax tonight
    Hope it’s mostly your jamming!!!
    Screw the story-line!!!
    Come back to South Florida dammit
    You said you be back real soon at the Death Mag Concert!!!
    John

3. LexG says:

GOD ULRICH HOLY FUCK HOW DID POLAND EVER LAND THIS????

THIS IS INSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANITY

4. berg says:

Ulrich is conversant about Starlet and In A World as well as mainstream films, seems pretty film savvy to me

5. LexG says:

He’s married to Connie Nielsen, no?

6. berg says:

Mission to Mars pow wow

7. LexG says:

Finally watched this in full. RULED.

8. Popcorn Slayer says:

Whoah, Ulrich is a mere hair trim away from being a dead ringer for Anthony Hopkins circa SOTL.

9. YancySkancy says:

Lex, he was with Neilsen for several years and they have a kid together, but I don’t think they ever married. They split up last year.

10. LexG says:

Yancy/DP, yeah, I made the Nielsen assumption before watching the interview, where Lars talks about his current gal and family and all…

You know what I like best about this interview? Something I kinda scoffed at a few minutes in where DP full-on cops to not being a metal guy, and you see a glint in Lars’ eye like “yeah no shit”… Then somehow it frees up the rest of it to be totally disarming and just shooting the shit about movies and business and his family; When I heard POLAND was interviewing LARS ULRICH, I thought this would be embarrassing or something, but it’s a really good, relaxed chat. Even Sanj has informed me he gives this one a 9/10… Who knew POLAND AND LARS ULRICH would be a fun duo to listen kick around movies and stuff? HA, made me wanna rent Juggernaut!

11. gordan says:

i am croatian please film for croatia.

12. gordan says:

please release for croatia
    i am metallica fan.

scooterzz on: The Great & Glorious James Garner

James Parker on: The Great & Glorious James Garner

YancySkancy on: BYOB 71714

YancySkancy on: The Great & Glorious James Garner

EtGuild2 on: BYOB 71714

spassky on: BYOB 71714

SamLowry on: BYOB 71714

SamLowry on: BYOB 71714

Jack1137 on: The Great & Glorious James Garner

movieman on: The Great & Glorious James Garner

“I am just grateful I am still around. I would love to be Steven Soderbergh, but I am lucky to be Joe Swanberg. Actors want to work with me, people want to give me money, and my nightmare scenario remains: Getting in bed with a studio, spending years on a movie, and it turns out horrible, but now I’m rich.”

Actually, by Hollywood standards, you’re right, I said. That is unambitious.

“It is, and yet, if you can go to bed happy at night, doing what you want, isn’t that ambition for a lifetime?”
~ Swanberg On Swanberg By Borelli

“In retrospect, nothing of that kind surprised me about Philip, because his intuition was luminous from the instant you met him. So was his intelligence. A lot of actors act intelligent, but Philip was the real thing: a shining, artistic polymath with an intelligence that came at you like a pair of headlights and enveloped you from the moment he grabbed your hand, put a huge arm round your neck and shoved a cheek against yours; or if the mood took him, hugged you to him like a big, pudgy schoolboy, then stood and beamed at you while he took stock of the effect.”
John le Carré on Philip Seymour Hoffman