Red Band Trailer: Kick Ass 2

11 Responses to “Red Band Trailer: Kick Ass 2”

1. SamLowry says:

I didn’t even realize until the credits came up just who that para-military guy was. Good job, then, I guess, for all concerned.

And I just can’t wait to hear what Lex has to say. It’ll probably get deleted, tho. Sigh.

2. sanj says:

over 1000 comments ….

kick ass 2 comments

3. anghus says:

Can’t wait. This looks so wonderfully insane.

4. Jules says:

Jim Carrey. Hoorah.

5. etguild2 says:

When’s the last time a non-indie studio made a justified sequel to a film that didn’t make much money? SO EXCITED.

6. Uh says:

So disappointing. Nothing about it looks like a movie. So DTV.

7. Desslar says:

I see the hilarity of preteen profanity carries on from the first film. Not sure why they kept her instead of Big Daddy.

8. YancySkancy says:

She’s not a preteen anymore, FWIW.

9. Lex says:

Hit Girl was the breakout character from the original. Cage and Moretz were what everybody liked. Nobody cares about McLovin. Moretz is the whole reason this sequel got made. Jesus, I can’t believe someone asked why they’d bring back the STAR CHARACTER.

10. jesse says:

Desslar, also, not to unearth a years-old spoiler here, but one reason they maybe didn’t bring back Big Daddy is that he DIED HORRIBLY in the first movie. And since these characters don’t actually have superpowers, it’s tricky to bring back characters from the dead (I wouldn’t be shocked to see Cage in a flashback. But I would be shocked to see him in a trailer, since he, you know, DIED).

Not that I wouldn’t like to see Cage ‘n Carrey in one wacked-out superhero movie. But that wasn’t really an option here.

11. Desslar says:

Hit Girl is easily the weakest link of the first film, and does not seem to have improved here – still making precocious sitcom cracks. I know Big Daddy appeared to die, but since he was the most interesting part of the first film, they might have thought about resurrecting him somehow. Besides, Cage needs the work.

leahnz on: BYOB - RIP The Goldfinch