Favorite Footage Of The Week

Just like living in Los Angeles…

7 Responses to “Favorite Footage Of The Week”

1. leahnz says:

Aw I hope they’re ok, and if they were on their way to slaughter I hope they ran like hell and escaped…(but they’re cows so who am i kidding)

2. anghus says:

Didn’t you just have a carjacking with three fatalities?

3. Captain Celluloid says:

Bored are we, David?

4. cadavra says:

A very moo-ving video.

A bit, Captain… but I also have this weird feeling like the shot is being recreated in World War Z. Cows R cool.

6. Bulldog68 says:

It’s called Extreme Tipping.

7. The Pope says:

Good reaction from the driver. No “What the…” Just a gasp… and then a controlled deceleration, followed by an almost imperceptible gear shift into reverse.

“There are critics who see their job as to be on the side of the artist, or in a state of imaginative sympathy or alliance with the artist. I think it’s important for a critic to be populist in the sense that we’re on the side of the public. I think one of the reasons is, frankly, capitalism. Whether you’re talking about restaurants or you’re talking about movies, you’re talking about large-scale commercial enterprises that are trying to sell themselves and market themselves and publicize themselves. A critic is, in a way, offering consumer advice. I think it’s very, very important in a time where everything is commercialized, commodified, and branded, where advertising is constantly bleeding into other forms of discourse, for there to be an independent voice kind of speaking to—and to some extent on behalf of—the public.”
~ A. O. Scott On One Role Of The Critic

“Every night, we’d sit and talk for a long, long time and talk about the process and I knew he was very, very intrigued about what could be happening. Then of course, one of the fascinating things he told me about was how he had readers who were reading for him that never knew it was Stanley Kubrick. So if he heard of a novel, he would send it out to people. I think he did it through newspaper ads at the time. And he would send it out to people and ask for a kind of synopsis or a critique of the novel. And he would read those. And it was done anonymously. But he said there were housewives and there were barristers and all sorts of people doing that. And I thought, yeah, that’s a really good way to open up the possibilities. Because otherwise, you’re randomly looking, walking through a bookstore or an airport. I said, “How many people are doing this?” It was about 30 people.”
~ George Miller’s Conversations With Kubrick