Z

Favorite Footage Of The Week

Just like living in Los Angeles…

7 Responses to “Favorite Footage Of The Week”

1. leahnz says:

Aw I hope they’re ok, and if they were on their way to slaughter I hope they ran like hell and escaped…(but they’re cows so who am i kidding)

2. anghus says:

Didn’t you just have a carjacking with three fatalities?

3. Captain Celluloid says:

Bored are we, David?

4. cadavra says:

A very moo-ving video.

A bit, Captain… but I also have this weird feeling like the shot is being recreated in World War Z. Cows R cool.

6. Bulldog68 says:

It’s called Extreme Tipping.

7. The Pope says:

Good reaction from the driver. No “What the…” Just a gasp… and then a controlled deceleration, followed by an almost imperceptible gear shift into reverse.

“Women’s power is too potent to waste on selfies… Truly dangerous women aren’t looking for dates or husbands, and they do not travel in packs. They rarely have many female friends. Their register is either universal, or intensely personal. They play mind games and make promises. Whether they deliver or not remains a secret, and secrets are essential to seduction. The Web has eroded every notion of privacy and stolen the real power of women: the threat of mystery itself.  “I can see you’re trouble” was once the biggest compliment a man could pay a woman. There was going to be a dark spiral into the whirlpool of sex; there were going to be tears on both sides, secrets and regrets, scandal. Today, everyone is trouble.”
~ Joan Juliet Buck in “W”

“You have to watch the end of the show to see how I feel—I mean, kids are a wonderment. I am quite fond of most of the young people in ‘The Slap,’ actually; it’s the grown-ups who have so much to learn. But to think of ‘The Slap’ as being a critique of contemporary parenting would be to miss the point. Like saying Birdman is about a life in the theater, instead of about a vast pool of narcissism that, again, denudes all grace until all you have is blistered (male) rage and bruised egos. I can’t speak to helicopter parents, but I sure do know a lot about not waking up every day and counting your goddamn blessings, and how fucking toxic that is. And that’s what I see all around me, a kind of spiritual autism, a narcissism of small things, and that’s ‘The Slap.’ Argh. But I like to think that it’s not immutable, that there are still synaptic charges toward doing the right thing, that we are capable of recognition—and being better. I think it’s about what happens when kindness is obliterated by desire.”
~ Jon Robin Baitz