Best SNL Sketch This Week

11 Responses to “Best SNL Sketch This Week”

1. Joe Leydon says:

Pretty damn funny, I must admit.

2. Geoff says:

Funnier than Djesus Uncrossed? Even though I’ll admit that one could have been more clever….

3. Matthew says:

Hah, she has a funny voice and apparently foreign people are backwards! This is comedy that is both innovative and unique.

4. christian says:

Djesus Uncrossed= Bill Hicks rip=off

That was such a “Richard Pryor curses to much” response, Matthew.

6. Matthew says:

Well, arguing about humor is always a lose/lose situation; I would venture that it’s one of the most personal tastes when it comes to entertainment.

I will say that whoever this actress is has a career ahead of her in voice acting should she want one – those trills aren’t easy to pull off so rapidly.

7. Krillian says:

I liked that one. Djesus Uncrossed and What Have You Become? were pretty good too.

8. Water bucket says:

This was my favorite sketch too! I think it was her energy that really made the whole thing funny. Like Will Ferrell used to elevate bad materials by just being so darn committed to the sketches.

9. Lex says:

women r not funny ever

no straight man likes funny women.

10. Joe Leydon says:

Lex: Well, in the immortal words of Cary Grant in Bringing Up Baby, I guess I just went gay all of a sudden.

11. cadavra says:

C’mon, Joe. Lex has no idea who Cary Grant was or what BRINGING UP BABY is.

“The purpose of film isn’t to present the kindness of the world.”
~ Isabelle Huppert

The Promised Land steers into the fact that the United States can mean whatever people want it to mean. You may not be able to be Elvis, but you can sure as shit impersonate him for a living. America, like its current President (at least as of this article’s publication), is so dangerous precisely because it’s a blank canvas on which anyone can project their dreams. Whatever it is that you see for yourself, there’s someone you can pay for the pleasure of believing that it’s possible. In his view, the pursuit of happiness is the ultimate con, a delusion that prevents us from seeing our circumstances for what they are.

“Forget the Matrix, it’s the invention of happiness that blinded us to the truth. The rich got richer and the poor help them do it. Jarecki doesn’t argue that the American Dream is dead; he argues that it was never alive in the first place — that we were all lobsters in a pot full of water that was boiling too slowly for any of us to notice. And now it’s time for dinner. Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States. Elvis has left the building.”
~ David Ehrlich