Best SNL Sketch This Week

11 Responses to “Best SNL Sketch This Week”

1. Joe Leydon says:

Pretty damn funny, I must admit.

2. Geoff says:

Funnier than Djesus Uncrossed? Even though I’ll admit that one could have been more clever….

3. Matthew says:

Hah, she has a funny voice and apparently foreign people are backwards! This is comedy that is both innovative and unique.

4. christian says:

Djesus Uncrossed= Bill Hicks rip=off

That was such a “Richard Pryor curses to much” response, Matthew.

6. Matthew says:

Well, arguing about humor is always a lose/lose situation; I would venture that it’s one of the most personal tastes when it comes to entertainment.

I will say that whoever this actress is has a career ahead of her in voice acting should she want one – those trills aren’t easy to pull off so rapidly.

7. Krillian says:

I liked that one. Djesus Uncrossed and What Have You Become? were pretty good too.

8. Water bucket says:

This was my favorite sketch too! I think it was her energy that really made the whole thing funny. Like Will Ferrell used to elevate bad materials by just being so darn committed to the sketches.

9. Lex says:

women r not funny ever

no straight man likes funny women.

10. Joe Leydon says:

Lex: Well, in the immortal words of Cary Grant in Bringing Up Baby, I guess I just went gay all of a sudden.

11. cadavra says:

C’mon, Joe. Lex has no idea who Cary Grant was or what BRINGING UP BABY is.

“The effect of the avalanche, and Tomas’ refusal to acknowledge his terror, seem to have devastating effects. But the interesting thing about Force Majeure is the sly suggestion that maybe this event could have a liberating effect on the family.”
~ Robert Horton

“Teaching how to make a film is like trying to teach someone how to fuck. You can’t. You have to fuck to learn how to fuck. It’s just how it is. The filmmaker has to protect the adventurous side of their self. I’m an explorer, I’m an inventor. Doc Brown is the character I relate to the most and he’s a madman. He’s a madman alone, locked up with his ideas but he does whatever he wants. He makes what he makes because he wants to make it. Yes, the DeLorean has to work in order for him to be a madman with a purpose—the DeLorean should work—but the point is I think everyone should try and find their own DeLorean. When Zemeckis was trying to get Back To The Future made, which he was for seven years, he was trying to get a film made where basically a teenager gets in a time machine, goes back to 1954 and almost —-s his mother. That pitch is extremely subversive and twisted in a way. My point is, he had a fascinating idea that no one had done before, but was clearly special to him and he stuck to it and made it what it was. When you do that you can create culture, but I think a lot of movies are just echoing culture and there’s a difference.”
~ A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night Filmmaker Ana Lily Amirpour