Anyone Want A Free Copy Of The Master in Blu?

Enter to win, here.

8 Responses to “Anyone Want A Free Copy Of The Master in Blu?”

1. John says:

sure…

2. Stephen says:

Ya..

3. Banksy says:

Yes, please.

4. Ray Pride says:

Click through the link to enter.

5. Lex says:

Who the hell has a Blu-ray machine?

You guys must be millionaires or something, I still use VHS and a 1999 DVD player with a 1998 SD TV.

6. Denise Perry says:

You can deliver it in April. :-)

7. Rashad says:

Lex, blu ray players are cheap now, or if you enjoy video games too, get a PS3. Plus if you love sports, and movies, HD is a must.

8. berg says:

everyone should have a big screen HD television with state of the art 3D – 1080 please … if you don’t, get one …. yeah I have an 8mm projector, a 16mm projector (mid-50s model that’s in mint condition for some reason); 2 VHS players (one of which is SVHS), a Sony camcorder and of course blu-ray, don’t get me started on the audio line-up (LPs natch) …. regarding the Master blu … it has as an extra, the John Huston (banned) documentary Let There Be Light about WWII soldiers with *syndrome … there’s also an 8 minute behind the scenes short that has among other clips a shot of the principal and supporting actors, all in an elevator, and someone farts and they slowly one by one lose it (in a good way)

DEADLINE: How does a visualist feel about people watching your films on a phone or VOD?
REFN: It depends on what kind of movie you make. We had great success with Only God Forgives on multiple platforms in the U.S. Young people will decide how they see it, when they want to see it. Don’t try to fight it. Embrace it. That’s a wonderful opportunity. We’re at the most exciting time since the invention of the wheel, in terms of creativity because distribution and accessibility have changed everything. A camera is still a camera whether it’s digital or not; there’s still sound; an actor is an actor. Ninety-nine percent of what you do is going to be seen on a smart phone – I know this is the greatest thing ever made because it allows people to choose, watching what you do on this format or go into a theater and see it on a screen. That means more people than ever will see what I do, which is personally satisfying in terms of vanity. But you have to be able to adapt, to accept things in different order and length than we’re used to. We are in a very, very exciting time.
~ Nic Refn to Jen Yamato

DEADLINE: You mention Tarantino, who with Christopher Nolan and a few other giants, saved film stock from extinction. To him, showing a digital film in a theater is the equivalent of watching TV in public. Make an argument for why digital is a good film making canvas.
REFN: Costwise, it’s a very effective way for young people to start making movies. You can make your movie on an iPhone. It’s wonderful seeing how my own children use technology to enhance creativity. For me it’s a wonderful canvas. Sure, I love grain in film. I love celluloid. But I also like creativity. I like crayons, I like pencils, I like paint. It’s all relative. Technology is more inclusive. A hundred years ago when film was invented, it was an elitist club. Very few people got to make it, very few people controlled it and very few people owned it. A hundred years later, storytelling through images is everyone’s domain. It’s ultimate capitalism. There are no rules, and no barriers and no Hays Code. Where does this go in another hundred years? I don’t know but I would love to see it.
~ Nic Refn To Jen Yamato