Trailer – The Lone Ranger

Better. No?

12 Responses to “Trailer – The Lone Ranger”

1. StellaPD says:

Better for sure, but what’s it about? Depp mentions justice and some bad guys are briefly glimpsed, but what the hell is the story? Or is that for the next trailer?

2. Sam says:

Very glad the trailer DOESN’T give away the story. Why do we even want that?

This was an A+ trailer. Lots of money shots, a glimpse of actual acting and character stuff. I still can’t imagine this being anything better than a fun time quickly forgotten, but this trailer sure sells it.

3. StellaPD says:

Yeah hints at a story in a trailer, so useless. Don’t know what I was thinking.

4. Smith says:

The first trailer hinted more at the story, didn’t it? Definitely seemed like the Lone Ranger and Tonto would be teaming up to take on a corrupt rail road tycoon or something close to that. Emphasis more on the origin story this time. Anyway, this looks like a lot of fun, and its a thrill to see a western getting the ultra big budget blockbuster treatment, but Disney, Bruckheimer, and Depp are all still warning signs.

I like the bit with the horse in the tree.

5. Joe Leydon says:

Stella: A Texas Ranger is the sole survivor of an ambush that leaves his fellow rangers dead. (Which is why he’s known as — wait for it… it’s coming — The Lone Ranger.) He’s befriended by an Indian (or, if you prefer, Native American) who advises him to wear a mask to help sustain the ruse that he is dead. Then the two guys team up to shoot people and blow up things, presumably as part of a plan to bring the ambushers to justice.

Now, really, what else do you need to know?

6. StellaPD says:

Jesus I thought it was a harmless query. Clearly not. That’s what I get for posting my first knee-jerk reaction to the trailer. And I can barely remember the first trailer.

7. Joe Leydon says:

Stella: We kid, because we love.

8. StellaPD says:

Well as long as it comes from a place of love, there’s no way I can object.

9. Krillian says:

Better. Still wouldn’t surprise me if this is an awful movie. Depp and Bonham Carter need to stop being in so many movies together. Watch her worm her way into Pirates 5.

BUT!…. I agree it looks like it could be popcorn fun, too.

10. Js Partisan says:

A much better trailer and a movie that’s coming across as a crazy ass western. Seeing as I love these characters and crazy ass westerns, this makes me doubly excited to see this movie.

11. anghus says:

Better until the final shot where the train gets thrown up into like a terrible computer generated clusterfuck a la Super 8, which still contains the most laughable train wreck in the history of film.

other than that, i’m interested.

12. StellaPD says:

More laughable than Under Siege 2: Dark Territory? And are there still werewolves in The Lone Ranger or were those cut when they trimmed the budget?

“The city to me is the only possible vehicle we have to measure human achievement. We’re an urban species now. If you look at Karachi or Mexico City or Hong Kong or London or New York or Yonkers or Baltimore or any of these other places, the pastoral is now a part of human history. We’re either going to figure out how to live together in these increasingly crowded, increasingly multi-cultural population centers or we’re not. We’re either going to get great at this or we’re going to fail as a species.”
~ David Simon

“I wondered how different it would be to write a novel and it’s totally different. It’s very internal. The weird thing about it is that I found that novel-writing was much more like directing than it is like screenwriting. You’re casting it, you’re lighting it, you’re doing the costumes, you’re doing the locations, you’re doing it all yourself as a director would. In screenwriting, you don’t do that stuff. You don’t describe the face of the actor or the character when you’re writing a screenplay because Tom Cruise is going to do it and he doesn’t look like that, whereas in the novel to describe what he is is what he is. The actual act of writing, just like shooting on a set, is a slow slog. It’s going to work every day.”
~ David Cronenberg On Screenplay vs. Novel