Trailer – The Lone Ranger

Better. No?

12 Responses to “Trailer – The Lone Ranger”

1. StellaPD says:

Better for sure, but what’s it about? Depp mentions justice and some bad guys are briefly glimpsed, but what the hell is the story? Or is that for the next trailer?

2. Sam says:

Very glad the trailer DOESN’T give away the story. Why do we even want that?

This was an A+ trailer. Lots of money shots, a glimpse of actual acting and character stuff. I still can’t imagine this being anything better than a fun time quickly forgotten, but this trailer sure sells it.

3. StellaPD says:

Yeah hints at a story in a trailer, so useless. Don’t know what I was thinking.

4. Smith says:

The first trailer hinted more at the story, didn’t it? Definitely seemed like the Lone Ranger and Tonto would be teaming up to take on a corrupt rail road tycoon or something close to that. Emphasis more on the origin story this time. Anyway, this looks like a lot of fun, and its a thrill to see a western getting the ultra big budget blockbuster treatment, but Disney, Bruckheimer, and Depp are all still warning signs.

I like the bit with the horse in the tree.

5. Joe Leydon says:

Stella: A Texas Ranger is the sole survivor of an ambush that leaves his fellow rangers dead. (Which is why he’s known as — wait for it… it’s coming — The Lone Ranger.) He’s befriended by an Indian (or, if you prefer, Native American) who advises him to wear a mask to help sustain the ruse that he is dead. Then the two guys team up to shoot people and blow up things, presumably as part of a plan to bring the ambushers to justice.

Now, really, what else do you need to know?

6. StellaPD says:

Jesus I thought it was a harmless query. Clearly not. That’s what I get for posting my first knee-jerk reaction to the trailer. And I can barely remember the first trailer.

7. Joe Leydon says:

Stella: We kid, because we love.

8. StellaPD says:

Well as long as it comes from a place of love, there’s no way I can object.

9. Krillian says:

Better. Still wouldn’t surprise me if this is an awful movie. Depp and Bonham Carter need to stop being in so many movies together. Watch her worm her way into Pirates 5.

BUT!…. I agree it looks like it could be popcorn fun, too.

10. Js Partisan says:

A much better trailer and a movie that’s coming across as a crazy ass western. Seeing as I love these characters and crazy ass westerns, this makes me doubly excited to see this movie.

11. anghus says:

Better until the final shot where the train gets thrown up into like a terrible computer generated clusterfuck a la Super 8, which still contains the most laughable train wreck in the history of film.

other than that, i’m interested.

12. StellaPD says:

More laughable than Under Siege 2: Dark Territory? And are there still werewolves in The Lone Ranger or were those cut when they trimmed the budget?

“The effect of the avalanche, and Tomas’ refusal to acknowledge his terror, seem to have devastating effects. But the interesting thing about Force Majeure is the sly suggestion that maybe this event could have a liberating effect on the family.”
~ Robert Horton

“Teaching how to make a film is like trying to teach someone how to fuck. You can’t. You have to fuck to learn how to fuck. It’s just how it is. The filmmaker has to protect the adventurous side of their self. I’m an explorer, I’m an inventor. Doc Brown is the character I relate to the most and he’s a madman. He’s a madman alone, locked up with his ideas but he does whatever he wants. He makes what he makes because he wants to make it. Yes, the DeLorean has to work in order for him to be a madman with a purpose—the DeLorean should work—but the point is I think everyone should try and find their own DeLorean. When Zemeckis was trying to get Back To The Future made, which he was for seven years, he was trying to get a film made where basically a teenager gets in a time machine, goes back to 1954 and almost —-s his mother. That pitch is extremely subversive and twisted in a way. My point is, he had a fascinating idea that no one had done before, but was clearly special to him and he stuck to it and made it what it was. When you do that you can create culture, but I think a lot of movies are just echoing culture and there’s a difference.”
~ A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night Filmmaker Ana Lily Amirpour