Trailer – The Lone Ranger

Better. No?

12 Responses to “Trailer – The Lone Ranger”

1. StellaPD says:

Better for sure, but what’s it about? Depp mentions justice and some bad guys are briefly glimpsed, but what the hell is the story? Or is that for the next trailer?

2. Sam says:

Very glad the trailer DOESN’T give away the story. Why do we even want that?

This was an A+ trailer. Lots of money shots, a glimpse of actual acting and character stuff. I still can’t imagine this being anything better than a fun time quickly forgotten, but this trailer sure sells it.

3. StellaPD says:

Yeah hints at a story in a trailer, so useless. Don’t know what I was thinking.

4. Smith says:

The first trailer hinted more at the story, didn’t it? Definitely seemed like the Lone Ranger and Tonto would be teaming up to take on a corrupt rail road tycoon or something close to that. Emphasis more on the origin story this time. Anyway, this looks like a lot of fun, and its a thrill to see a western getting the ultra big budget blockbuster treatment, but Disney, Bruckheimer, and Depp are all still warning signs.

I like the bit with the horse in the tree.

5. Joe Leydon says:

Stella: A Texas Ranger is the sole survivor of an ambush that leaves his fellow rangers dead. (Which is why he’s known as — wait for it… it’s coming — The Lone Ranger.) He’s befriended by an Indian (or, if you prefer, Native American) who advises him to wear a mask to help sustain the ruse that he is dead. Then the two guys team up to shoot people and blow up things, presumably as part of a plan to bring the ambushers to justice.

Now, really, what else do you need to know?

6. StellaPD says:

Jesus I thought it was a harmless query. Clearly not. That’s what I get for posting my first knee-jerk reaction to the trailer. And I can barely remember the first trailer.

7. Joe Leydon says:

Stella: We kid, because we love.

8. StellaPD says:

Well as long as it comes from a place of love, there’s no way I can object.

9. Krillian says:

Better. Still wouldn’t surprise me if this is an awful movie. Depp and Bonham Carter need to stop being in so many movies together. Watch her worm her way into Pirates 5.

BUT!…. I agree it looks like it could be popcorn fun, too.

10. Js Partisan says:

A much better trailer and a movie that’s coming across as a crazy ass western. Seeing as I love these characters and crazy ass westerns, this makes me doubly excited to see this movie.

11. anghus says:

Better until the final shot where the train gets thrown up into like a terrible computer generated clusterfuck a la Super 8, which still contains the most laughable train wreck in the history of film.

other than that, i’m interested.

12. StellaPD says:

More laughable than Under Siege 2: Dark Territory? And are there still werewolves in The Lone Ranger or were those cut when they trimmed the budget?

“So, what does it look like when he leaves the show? First, it looks like a ratings spike, and I had a nice chuckle about that. But the truth is, the ink wasn’t even dry on his exit papers before they rushed in a new guy. I was on vacation in Sicily, decompressing — it was a long working relationship and it was a tumultuous end and I needed a moment to just chill with some rosé — and they’re calling me, going, ‘What do you think of this guy?’ ‘What do you think of this guy?’ And they’re sending pictures. I was like, ‘Are you people fucking nuts? Why do you feel that you have to replace this person?’ I couldn’t believe how fast the studio and the network felt like they had to get a penis in there.”
Ellen Pompeo

“I am, as you indicate, no stranger as a novelist to the erotic furies. Men enveloped by sexual temptation is one of the aspects of men’s lives that I’ve written about in some of my books. Men responsive to the insistent call of sexual pleasure, beset by shameful desires and the undauntedness of obsessive lusts, beguiled even by the lure of the taboo — over the decades, I have imagined a small coterie of unsettled men possessed by just such inflammatory forces they must negotiate and contend with. I’ve tried to be uncompromising in depicting these men each as he is, each as he behaves, aroused, stimulated, hungry in the grip of carnal fervor and facing the array of psychological and ethical quandaries the exigencies of desire present. I haven’t shunned the hard facts in these fictions of why and how and when tumescent men do what they do, even when these have not been in harmony with the portrayal that a masculine public-relations campaign — if there were such a thing — might prefer. I’ve stepped not just inside the male head but into the reality of those urges whose obstinate pressure by its persistence can menace one’s rationality, urges sometimes so intense they may even be experienced as a form of lunacy. Consequently, none of the more extreme conduct I have been reading about in the newspapers lately has astonished me.”
~ Philip Roth