The Truth Of Obama… Haters

6 Responses to “The Truth Of Obama… Haters”

1. Don R. Lewis says:

Ugggh,….such a total nutshell (no pun intended) look at the conservative party. If I wasn’t so disgusted by those people, I’d feel bad for them. In fact that whole video reminds me of polite debates I’ve been trying to have on facebook with people who I’m “friends” with on there who are supporting Romney. No matter what fact you offer them, they just won’t budge.

Now today it comes out that the Romney’s hadn’t paid ANY TAXES from 1996-2009 and also that they made a huuuuge profit off the auto industry bail out that he publicly opposed and it STILL doesn’t matter to these people. They simply don’t know WTF they’re talking about and have let the right wing whisper campaigns melt their minds.

I’m nervous about Tuesday and theres shenanigans happening in Florida (3-7 hour wait lines for early voting) and a piece of weird voter legislation that I don’t truly “get” coming down tomorrow in Ohio. This is all totally ridiculous and un-American.

Obama needs to win for the simple fact that he’s the better candidate AND it will cause the Republican party to lose. And lose their number one issue and platform which is to get Obama out in 4 years.

2. Rashad says:

Romney profiting from the bailout, while opposing it publicly, doesn’t make him look like a bad guy. In fact, it does the opposite. He knew he would gain, but stuck to his principles. Also, there’s never a mention of GM taking that money to retool their Mexican factories.

3. christian says:

Rashad, with all due respect, you’re a moron.

Don, have no fear. Obama in a near landslide. Yet I agree, buffoons like Rashad and others that feign total denial of reality is a scary thing. The media has also been god awful through this election, letting Rmoney get away with spectacular lies and reversals in the name of their ratings horserace. But the GOP karma is nigh.

4. Rashad says:

Whatever makes you feel better at night.

PS: I’m not voting for Romney.

5. Anthony says:

“In 2007, I signed on to the email lists of several influential magazines on the right, among them Townhall, which operates under the auspices of evangelical Stuart Epperson’s Salem Communications; Newsmax, the organ more responsible than any other for drumming up the hysteria that culminated in the impeachment of Bill Clinton; and Human Events, one of Ronald Reagan’s favorite publications. The exercise turned out to be far more revealing than I expected. Via the battery of promotional appeals that overran my email inbox, I mainlined a right-wing id that was invisible to readers who encounter conservative opinion at face value.”

-The Long Con: Mail-order Conservatism
    Rick Perlstein

6. Don R. Lewis says:

At the end of the day or, election cycle, I think what’s bothered me most is all the armchair quarterbacking by people who never pay attention and don’t know WTF they’re talking about but pipe up anyway during election season.

If you can still say Romney is your man after revealing himself as a candidate who doesn’t pay taxes for 13 years, accepts a payday from a bailout he opposed, is against gay marriage, against women’s rights and has yet to shown anyone any kind of financial plan. If you KNOW all these things and still want Romney/Ryan….you are, a fucking idiot.

“The effect of the avalanche, and Tomas’ refusal to acknowledge his terror, seem to have devastating effects. But the interesting thing about Force Majeure is the sly suggestion that maybe this event could have a liberating effect on the family.”
~ Robert Horton

“Teaching how to make a film is like trying to teach someone how to fuck. You can’t. You have to fuck to learn how to fuck. It’s just how it is. The filmmaker has to protect the adventurous side of their self. I’m an explorer, I’m an inventor. Doc Brown is the character I relate to the most and he’s a madman. He’s a madman alone, locked up with his ideas but he does whatever he wants. He makes what he makes because he wants to make it. Yes, the DeLorean has to work in order for him to be a madman with a purpose—the DeLorean should work—but the point is I think everyone should try and find their own DeLorean. When Zemeckis was trying to get Back To The Future made, which he was for seven years, he was trying to get a film made where basically a teenager gets in a time machine, goes back to 1954 and almost —-s his mother. That pitch is extremely subversive and twisted in a way. My point is, he had a fascinating idea that no one had done before, but was clearly special to him and he stuck to it and made it what it was. When you do that you can create culture, but I think a lot of movies are just echoing culture and there’s a difference.”
~ A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night Filmmaker Ana Lily Amirpour