The Truth Of Obama… Haters

6 Responses to “The Truth Of Obama… Haters”

1. Don R. Lewis says:

Ugggh,….such a total nutshell (no pun intended) look at the conservative party. If I wasn’t so disgusted by those people, I’d feel bad for them. In fact that whole video reminds me of polite debates I’ve been trying to have on facebook with people who I’m “friends” with on there who are supporting Romney. No matter what fact you offer them, they just won’t budge.

Now today it comes out that the Romney’s hadn’t paid ANY TAXES from 1996-2009 and also that they made a huuuuge profit off the auto industry bail out that he publicly opposed and it STILL doesn’t matter to these people. They simply don’t know WTF they’re talking about and have let the right wing whisper campaigns melt their minds.

I’m nervous about Tuesday and theres shenanigans happening in Florida (3-7 hour wait lines for early voting) and a piece of weird voter legislation that I don’t truly “get” coming down tomorrow in Ohio. This is all totally ridiculous and un-American.

Obama needs to win for the simple fact that he’s the better candidate AND it will cause the Republican party to lose. And lose their number one issue and platform which is to get Obama out in 4 years.

2. Rashad says:

Romney profiting from the bailout, while opposing it publicly, doesn’t make him look like a bad guy. In fact, it does the opposite. He knew he would gain, but stuck to his principles. Also, there’s never a mention of GM taking that money to retool their Mexican factories.

3. christian says:

Rashad, with all due respect, you’re a moron.

Don, have no fear. Obama in a near landslide. Yet I agree, buffoons like Rashad and others that feign total denial of reality is a scary thing. The media has also been god awful through this election, letting Rmoney get away with spectacular lies and reversals in the name of their ratings horserace. But the GOP karma is nigh.

4. Rashad says:

Whatever makes you feel better at night.

PS: I’m not voting for Romney.

5. Anthony says:

“In 2007, I signed on to the email lists of several influential magazines on the right, among them Townhall, which operates under the auspices of evangelical Stuart Epperson’s Salem Communications; Newsmax, the organ more responsible than any other for drumming up the hysteria that culminated in the impeachment of Bill Clinton; and Human Events, one of Ronald Reagan’s favorite publications. The exercise turned out to be far more revealing than I expected. Via the battery of promotional appeals that overran my email inbox, I mainlined a right-wing id that was invisible to readers who encounter conservative opinion at face value.”

-The Long Con: Mail-order Conservatism
    Rick Perlstein

6. Don R. Lewis says:

At the end of the day or, election cycle, I think what’s bothered me most is all the armchair quarterbacking by people who never pay attention and don’t know WTF they’re talking about but pipe up anyway during election season.

If you can still say Romney is your man after revealing himself as a candidate who doesn’t pay taxes for 13 years, accepts a payday from a bailout he opposed, is against gay marriage, against women’s rights and has yet to shown anyone any kind of financial plan. If you KNOW all these things and still want Romney/Ryan….you are, a fucking idiot.

“The purpose of film isn’t to present the kindness of the world.”
~ Isabelle Huppert

The Promised Land steers into the fact that the United States can mean whatever people want it to mean. You may not be able to be Elvis, but you can sure as shit impersonate him for a living. America, like its current President (at least as of this article’s publication), is so dangerous precisely because it’s a blank canvas on which anyone can project their dreams. Whatever it is that you see for yourself, there’s someone you can pay for the pleasure of believing that it’s possible. In his view, the pursuit of happiness is the ultimate con, a delusion that prevents us from seeing our circumstances for what they are.

“Forget the Matrix, it’s the invention of happiness that blinded us to the truth. The rich got richer and the poor help them do it. Jarecki doesn’t argue that the American Dream is dead; he argues that it was never alive in the first place — that we were all lobsters in a pot full of water that was boiling too slowly for any of us to notice. And now it’s time for dinner. Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States. Elvis has left the building.”
~ David Ehrlich