The Truth Of Obama… Haters

6 Responses to “The Truth Of Obama… Haters”

1. Don R. Lewis says:

Ugggh,….such a total nutshell (no pun intended) look at the conservative party. If I wasn’t so disgusted by those people, I’d feel bad for them. In fact that whole video reminds me of polite debates I’ve been trying to have on facebook with people who I’m “friends” with on there who are supporting Romney. No matter what fact you offer them, they just won’t budge.

Now today it comes out that the Romney’s hadn’t paid ANY TAXES from 1996-2009 and also that they made a huuuuge profit off the auto industry bail out that he publicly opposed and it STILL doesn’t matter to these people. They simply don’t know WTF they’re talking about and have let the right wing whisper campaigns melt their minds.

I’m nervous about Tuesday and theres shenanigans happening in Florida (3-7 hour wait lines for early voting) and a piece of weird voter legislation that I don’t truly “get” coming down tomorrow in Ohio. This is all totally ridiculous and un-American.

Obama needs to win for the simple fact that he’s the better candidate AND it will cause the Republican party to lose. And lose their number one issue and platform which is to get Obama out in 4 years.

2. Rashad says:

Romney profiting from the bailout, while opposing it publicly, doesn’t make him look like a bad guy. In fact, it does the opposite. He knew he would gain, but stuck to his principles. Also, there’s never a mention of GM taking that money to retool their Mexican factories.

3. christian says:

Rashad, with all due respect, you’re a moron.

Don, have no fear. Obama in a near landslide. Yet I agree, buffoons like Rashad and others that feign total denial of reality is a scary thing. The media has also been god awful through this election, letting Rmoney get away with spectacular lies and reversals in the name of their ratings horserace. But the GOP karma is nigh.

4. Rashad says:

Whatever makes you feel better at night.

PS: I’m not voting for Romney.

5. Anthony says:

“In 2007, I signed on to the email lists of several influential magazines on the right, among them Townhall, which operates under the auspices of evangelical Stuart Epperson’s Salem Communications; Newsmax, the organ more responsible than any other for drumming up the hysteria that culminated in the impeachment of Bill Clinton; and Human Events, one of Ronald Reagan’s favorite publications. The exercise turned out to be far more revealing than I expected. Via the battery of promotional appeals that overran my email inbox, I mainlined a right-wing id that was invisible to readers who encounter conservative opinion at face value.”

-The Long Con: Mail-order Conservatism
    Rick Perlstein

6. Don R. Lewis says:

At the end of the day or, election cycle, I think what’s bothered me most is all the armchair quarterbacking by people who never pay attention and don’t know WTF they’re talking about but pipe up anyway during election season.

If you can still say Romney is your man after revealing himself as a candidate who doesn’t pay taxes for 13 years, accepts a payday from a bailout he opposed, is against gay marriage, against women’s rights and has yet to shown anyone any kind of financial plan. If you KNOW all these things and still want Romney/Ryan….you are, a fucking idiot.

Kyle Buchanan: I think the deal with a lot of white, male critics is there’s a very empirical way that they write that they write their movie reviews that always puzzled me. Movies are such subjective things. Back in the day, I used to be the film critic for The Advocate, and it was really striking to me when I would go into screening rooms and I was by far the youngest. They were filled with old white men. And when you watch a film like Black Snake Moan, that’s playing with a whole lot of gender and race issues, I was like, Are like 70-year-old white men like really the sole voices that I want to hear on this movie? It just didn’t feel right.

Jen Yamato I’ve been very pleasantly surprised to see the receptions Moonlight has gotten. But one of the films that I was disappointed to see not get more traction was American Honey. I distinctly remember sitting in a screening room full of mostly older white guys and thinking during the film, How are any of them going to relate to this movie?

~ Taking On The “Old White Guys”

“I was frustrated, a bit angry even. There should be no need for winning in the arts. Awards condition people into thinking that art is a competition, that good cinema is prize-winning … that a filmmaker must win an award or two to be considered finance-worthy. It enables the slow death of many and lack of support for most. My films do not ask to be liked. In fact, my films actively seek to be disliked. It seems that I have failed at this goal. What does it mean to be political in the time of Trump… in the country of Duterte? I dedicate the film to all the outsiders of the world: kids, midgets, freaks, paralytics, prostitutes, scoundrels. These are my people. I make outsider films that talk about the pain and joy of not belonging, of always being on the outside peering in.”
~ Prolific Philippines Filmmaker Khavn de la Cruz On Getting A Prize From Geneva Int’l Film Fest