By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

DP/30 @ TIFF 2012: Silver Linings Playbook, actor Bradley Cooper

9 Responses to “DP/30 @ TIFF 2012: Silver Linings Playbook, actor Bradley Cooper”

1. Andrew S says:

Wow David – when did you become such a tough interviewer? You really grilled him, but in a good way. Kudos!

Every conversation has its own atmosphere. Bradley was a very game subject. I didn’t think I was being tough at all.

3. sanj says:

DP – you didn’t ask enough about other movies other than hangover series ….

4. StellaPD says:

In all fairness, the conversation is less than 30 minutes long. He can only ask so many questions, and Cooper is promoting specific films that played in Toronto. Those films are mentioned along with The Hangover I/II and Limitless. If you tried covering everything he’s done, you’d have 15 second answers and a lackluster interview. I enjoyed it. Cooper seems like a thoughtful, intelligent dude.

5. sanj says:

yeah but they didn’t even talk about Limitless in any sort of detail .. discussing a few smaller movies he’s done might have been interesting …like the Midnight Meat Train

6. berg says:

I want to see a DP/30 with Joaquin Phoenix where you ask him his name five times in a row

7. The Pope says:

Great interview. Really fast, really engaging. A helluva lotta ground covered.

8. Hallick says:

It’s no longer the time to talk about Limitless in detail, sanj. If it didn’t come up, it didn’t come up.

9. I totally agree with David, you will made this guy sweat like a pig and I like that too. I think these are the best interviews actually, when you will really put these guys in the spot with no worries.

DP/30

“The effect of the avalanche, and Tomas’ refusal to acknowledge his terror, seem to have devastating effects. But the interesting thing about Force Majeure is the sly suggestion that maybe this event could have a liberating effect on the family.”
~ Robert Horton

“Teaching how to make a film is like trying to teach someone how to fuck. You can’t. You have to fuck to learn how to fuck. It’s just how it is. The filmmaker has to protect the adventurous side of their self. I’m an explorer, I’m an inventor. Doc Brown is the character I relate to the most and he’s a madman. He’s a madman alone, locked up with his ideas but he does whatever he wants. He makes what he makes because he wants to make it. Yes, the DeLorean has to work in order for him to be a madman with a purpose—the DeLorean should work—but the point is I think everyone should try and find their own DeLorean. When Zemeckis was trying to get Back To The Future made, which he was for seven years, he was trying to get a film made where basically a teenager gets in a time machine, goes back to 1954 and almost —-s his mother. That pitch is extremely subversive and twisted in a way. My point is, he had a fascinating idea that no one had done before, but was clearly special to him and he stuck to it and made it what it was. When you do that you can create culture, but I think a lot of movies are just echoing culture and there’s a difference.”
~ A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night Filmmaker Ana Lily Amirpour