Dead Guys…. Get Your Dead Guys!!!

Do we really think they’ll be able to resist giving both of these guys Oscar nominations?

November 23

November 16

26 Responses to “Dead Guys…. Get Your Dead Guys!!!”

1. Aaron Aradillasm says:

I was just thinking about when this movie was gonna come out. I think the Best Actor race is going to be brutal. I think Fox Searchlight would be best served if they held this one over until next May. Give it the MONRISE KINGDOM treatment. As it stands I see Best Actor being Phoenix, Day-Lewis, Foxx, Hawkes, and the lead from the Haneke movie. We’ll also see some major campaigning for Langella and Gere.

2. Don R. Lewis says:

If you’re talking Langella for ROBOT AND FRANK it’s a nice thought, but no way. He’s icier than the robot in that movie. Don’t older actors have to have emotional cataharsis in films to get attention?

And that Hopkins as Hitch pic is uncannily spot-on whereas Toby Jones just looks weird.

3. movielocke says:

really? They think he can get in against Day Lewis, Phoenix, Washington, Hawkes, Jackman, Trintigent and Foxx?

4. Don R. Lewis says:

Oscar loves him some stars playing famous people.

5. Aaron Aradillasm says:

Am I the only one not feeling LES MIZ?

6. bulldog68 says:

After being nominated 4 times in the nineties, and then nothing after that, if Hitchcock is any good, it will be irresistible to not nominate Hopkins playing a Hollywood icon. Hollywood loves homages to themselves.

My Academy wish thus far is I hope Gyllenhaal and Pena get some love. I hope that End of Watch follows the likes of The Departed and No Country for Old Men of filling that gritty crime drama slot that delivered on all levels.

7. leahnz says:

speaking of dead guys, i’d love to see an oscar nom for the original phoenix (if they can get Dark Blood into a cinema for a week before the end of the year).

8. Hallick says:

Ira, I think you need to workshop your jokes on your home computer for a while before bringing them to the main stage here.

9. storymark says:

Greeaaaat. Ira played out his schtick on Well’s site, so he’s brought it here.

yay.

10. Christian says:

“This is the end, beautiful friend, the end…”

11. arisp says:

Ira’s posts are DEAD ON.

12. Don R. Lewis says:

arisp-
    they are….and then they’re unbearably redundant and way, way too frequent.

13. christian says:

IRA PARKS SAYS:

IRA PARKS SAYS:

Abracadabra, I sit on his knee. Presto, change-o, and now he is me…

14. al says:

what brought you on over from Elsewhere Ira, and why now?
    and incidently whatever happened to IO partisan?

15. Ira Parks says:

“What brought you on over from Elsewhere?”

The damn locks were changed. My laundry was on the lawn. A note on the door said, “Eff off.”

16. Don R. Lewis says:

Jeff knocked his virtual hat off the bed.

17. storymark says:

Swing and a miss on impersonating me, Ira. I generally consider discussing box office dull as hell.

18. Christian says:

Start screaming about white pussy and the light will be left on all night for you.

19. Joe Straatmann says:

Kweh?

20. Joe Leydon says:

JOE LEYDON SAYS:

If I get my hands on this bitch-ass punk Ira Parks, they will need dental records to indentify the corpse.

21. christian says:

IRA PARKS SAYS:

IRA PARKS SAYS:

Magic is fun…we’re dead.

22. movieman says:

This “Ira Parks” character is pretty f**king tiresome.
    Move on.

23. Popcorn Slayer says:

TOBY JONES SAYS:

Do you wankers realize this is the SECOND time I’ll be trailing in the wake of a more prominent actor playing the same dead geezer? Can’t be mere coincidence – God likes to bugger me.

24. movieman says:

Ron Burrage who played the Hitchcock “double” in 2009′s “Double Take” would have been inspired casting.
    He certainly looks more like Hitch than Hopkins, and there wouldn’t be the distraction of Hopkins’ “all-of-his-previous-roles-until-now” baggage.
    Just saying.
    But I’m impressed that the filmmakers turned this around so quickly. According to IMDB, production only started in mid-April of this year.
    I love this kind of movie, though–and “Psycho” is one of my all-time faves–so I’m definitely in.

25. cadavra says:

Timothy Spall woulda been perfect–wouldn’t even need padding!

So what did Ira say that was deleted? Oops, never mind…

“The effect of the avalanche, and Tomas’ refusal to acknowledge his terror, seem to have devastating effects. But the interesting thing about Force Majeure is the sly suggestion that maybe this event could have a liberating effect on the family.”
~ Robert Horton

“Teaching how to make a film is like trying to teach someone how to fuck. You can’t. You have to fuck to learn how to fuck. It’s just how it is. The filmmaker has to protect the adventurous side of their self. I’m an explorer, I’m an inventor. Doc Brown is the character I relate to the most and he’s a madman. He’s a madman alone, locked up with his ideas but he does whatever he wants. He makes what he makes because he wants to make it. Yes, the DeLorean has to work in order for him to be a madman with a purpose—the DeLorean should work—but the point is I think everyone should try and find their own DeLorean. When Zemeckis was trying to get Back To The Future made, which he was for seven years, he was trying to get a film made where basically a teenager gets in a time machine, goes back to 1954 and almost —-s his mother. That pitch is extremely subversive and twisted in a way. My point is, he had a fascinating idea that no one had done before, but was clearly special to him and he stuck to it and made it what it was. When you do that you can create culture, but I think a lot of movies are just echoing culture and there’s a difference.”
~ A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night Filmmaker Ana Lily Amirpour