Sony Decides To Make A Bond Spot That Feels LIke A Bond Spot

6 Responses to “Sony Decides To Make A Bond Spot That Feels LIke A Bond Spot”

1. AH says:

Welcome back, old friend.

2. actionman says:

Deakins shooting a Bond film gives me heart palpatations.

3. Philip Lovecraft says:

Love the bit when he shoots his cuffs on the (1/2) train. Welcome back, indeed, 007.

4. Amblynman says:

I don’t trust Mendes as an action director, but that looked good.

5. Bennett says:

I’m happy with SONY/MGM’s marketing dept. on this. It’s James Bond, we know what we got, let’s keep some mystery in the story. As one of the few people that saw License to Kill and Living Daylights on opening weekend, I would have been there regardless.

I hope to get that amazing Blu-Ray box set this Christmas. Hopefully there is some amazing Amazon sale on it.

6. Joe Straatmann says:

They also just released the International trailer with story bits and more than a shadow of Javier Bardem. Looks good, though Bardem seems to look like a tougher Klaus Maria Brandauer or something. It was very odd when I first saw him.

“What Quibi trying to do is get to the next generation of film narrative. The first generation was movies, and they were principally two-hour stories that were designed to be watched in a single sitting in a movie theater [ED: After formats like the nickelodeon]. The next generation of film narrative was television, principally designed to be watched in one-hour chapters in front of a television set. I believe the third generation of film narrative will be a merging of those two ideas, which is to tell two-hour stories in chapters that are seven to ten minutes in length. We are actually doing long-form in bite-size.”
~ Jeffrey Katzenberg

“The important thing is: what makes the audience interested in it? Of course, I don’t take on any roles that don’t interest me, or where I can’t find anything for myself in it. But I don’t like talking about that. If you go into a restaurant and you have been served an exquisite meal, you don’t need to know how the chef felt, or when he chose the vegetables on the market. I always feel a little like I would pull the rug out from under myself if I were to I speak about the background of my work. My explanations would come into conflict with the reason a movie is made in the first place — for the experience of the audience — and that, I would not want.
~  Christoph Waltz