Chicago

Heading to Ebertfest tomorrow. In the meanwhile, trying not to worry too much about Netflix or CBS Films. Klady won’t be at CinemaCon. Dretzka will.

Here is a look at NATO’s newest numbers…

20120424-120205.jpg
20120424-120412.jpg
20120424-120256.jpg
20120424-120345.jpg
20120424-120353.jpg
20120424-120405.jpg

6 Responses to “Chicago”

1. Krillian says:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,….. a tapdance!

2. anghus says:

So The Hobbit footage was met with indifference.

And Bane is now understandable.

bad first step for The Hobbit. Who wants to bet they pull 24 fps out of it before release?

3. waterbucket says:

I was so excited for The Hobbit but then I recently read the book and it was bad. There’s no sense of urgency in the book at all. Unlike Lord of the Rings where I had to stay up to read and book and see if Frodo would be ok. I couldn’t care less if Smaug is defeated or if Bilbo makes it back home (which we already know he did).

4. Krillian says:

Dave’s gotta be happy with the theatrical window not shrinking. Is part of that becuz studios won’t give title to Redbox or Netflix until a month or two after they give it to Blockbuster? How do they calculate that?

5. Mariamu says:

Waterbucket-It helps if you read The Hobbit first.

6. hcat says:

Krillian- the theatrical window would be until the disc goes on sale in stores. I don’t think the Netflix month back rule plays into the calculation.

You can neither make beautiful, great movies without risk as you can make babies without sex. Risk is part of the artistic process. That’s why I like performance, because performance is walking a high wire.
~ Francis Coppola

“Probably the most heralded movie I’ve ever been in was Forrest Gump. While I was sitting on the park bench, I asked Bob, ‘Is anyone going to care about this guy?’ He said, ‘I don’t know Tom. It’s a mine field. It’s a fucking mine field.’ So when it works, you just say, ‘We dodged all the mines.'”
~ Tom Hanks