Chicago

Heading to Ebertfest tomorrow. In the meanwhile, trying not to worry too much about Netflix or CBS Films. Klady won’t be at CinemaCon. Dretzka will.

Here is a look at NATO’s newest numbers…

20120424-120205.jpg
20120424-120412.jpg
20120424-120256.jpg
20120424-120345.jpg
20120424-120353.jpg
20120424-120405.jpg

6 Responses to “Chicago”

1. Krillian says:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,….. a tapdance!

2. anghus says:

So The Hobbit footage was met with indifference.

And Bane is now understandable.

bad first step for The Hobbit. Who wants to bet they pull 24 fps out of it before release?

3. waterbucket says:

I was so excited for The Hobbit but then I recently read the book and it was bad. There’s no sense of urgency in the book at all. Unlike Lord of the Rings where I had to stay up to read and book and see if Frodo would be ok. I couldn’t care less if Smaug is defeated or if Bilbo makes it back home (which we already know he did).

4. Krillian says:

Dave’s gotta be happy with the theatrical window not shrinking. Is part of that becuz studios won’t give title to Redbox or Netflix until a month or two after they give it to Blockbuster? How do they calculate that?

5. Mariamu says:

Waterbucket-It helps if you read The Hobbit first.

6. hcat says:

Krillian- the theatrical window would be until the disc goes on sale in stores. I don’t think the Netflix month back rule plays into the calculation.

“I am just grateful I am still around. I would love to be Steven Soderbergh, but I am lucky to be Joe Swanberg. Actors want to work with me, people want to give me money, and my nightmare scenario remains: Getting in bed with a studio, spending years on a movie, and it turns out horrible, but now I’m rich.”

Actually, by Hollywood standards, you’re right, I said. That is unambitious.

“It is, and yet, if you can go to bed happy at night, doing what you want, isn’t that ambition for a lifetime?”
~ Swanberg On Swanberg By Borelli

“In retrospect, nothing of that kind surprised me about Philip, because his intuition was luminous from the instant you met him. So was his intelligence. A lot of actors act intelligent, but Philip was the real thing: a shining, artistic polymath with an intelligence that came at you like a pair of headlights and enveloped you from the moment he grabbed your hand, put a huge arm round your neck and shoved a cheek against yours; or if the mood took him, hugged you to him like a big, pudgy schoolboy, then stood and beamed at you while he took stock of the effect.”
John le Carré on Philip Seymour Hoffman