Chicago

Heading to Ebertfest tomorrow. In the meanwhile, trying not to worry too much about Netflix or CBS Films. Klady won’t be at CinemaCon. Dretzka will.

Here is a look at NATO’s newest numbers…

20120424-120205.jpg
20120424-120412.jpg
20120424-120256.jpg
20120424-120345.jpg
20120424-120353.jpg
20120424-120405.jpg

6 Responses to “Chicago”

1. Krillian says:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,….. a tapdance!

2. anghus says:

So The Hobbit footage was met with indifference.

And Bane is now understandable.

bad first step for The Hobbit. Who wants to bet they pull 24 fps out of it before release?

3. waterbucket says:

I was so excited for The Hobbit but then I recently read the book and it was bad. There’s no sense of urgency in the book at all. Unlike Lord of the Rings where I had to stay up to read and book and see if Frodo would be ok. I couldn’t care less if Smaug is defeated or if Bilbo makes it back home (which we already know he did).

4. Krillian says:

Dave’s gotta be happy with the theatrical window not shrinking. Is part of that becuz studios won’t give title to Redbox or Netflix until a month or two after they give it to Blockbuster? How do they calculate that?

5. Mariamu says:

Waterbucket-It helps if you read The Hobbit first.

6. hcat says:

Krillian- the theatrical window would be until the disc goes on sale in stores. I don’t think the Netflix month back rule plays into the calculation.

“Almodóvar–the first name is almost unnecessary–is a genius, is a flower, is a guiding light: the last, best son of Buñuel and so much more than that. His screenplays, which he directs with passion and fine care, have taught us about the exteriors of his native land and the interiors of our own hearts. From the early, manic experimental Super-8 work to the breakthrough Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, his titles are as evocative as most people’s screenplays. Yet for all their antic energy, Almodóvar’s films are deeply spiritual: watching his disturbing, mysterious, heart-rending Talk to Her is to understand, perhaps for the first time, the full meaning of grace. An Almodóvar screenplay is a running leap off a Gaudi balcony, it flips, soars, ascends, careens, tumbles, falls – always landing, astonishingly and astonished, on its feet.”
~ Howard A. Rodman, Announcing Almodóvar’s Jean Renoir Award

“I got a feeling I am going to win in the long run, but I want to be part of the zeitgeist, too. I want to support young girls who are in their 20s now and tell them: You’re not just imagining things. It’s tough. Everything that a guy says once, you have to say five times. Girls now are also faced with different problems. I’ve been guilty of one thing: After being the only girl in bands for 10 years, I learned—the hard way—that if I was going to get my ideas through, I was going to have to pretend that they—men—had the ideas. I became really good at this and I don’t even notice it myself. I don’t really have an ego. I’m not that bothered. I just want the whole thing to be good. And I’m not saying one bad thing about the guys who were with me in the bands, because they’re all amazing and creative, and they’re doing incredible things now. But I come from a generation where that was the only way to get things done. So I have to play stupid and just do everything with five times the amount of energy, and then it will come through.”
~ Björk to Jessica Hopper at Pitchfork