Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

April 9’s Eadweard J. Muybridge Animated Google Doodle

6 Responses to “April 9’s Eadweard J. Muybridge Animated Google Doodle”

1. Harish Agarwal says:

Great Day..9th April….

2. Jeff says:

Mint Julep please. Festive.

3. Lisa S. says:

This is great. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

4. Ann says:

Very informative/educational! – (like most G Doodles!) – motivated me to find out about someone/something I’d never heard of!

5. Danny says:

the four horseman of the apocalypse is on the Google Picture today!
    look at the four colors of the horse on google
    blue green red and white horse on the picture. The yellow horse is you watching!
    When you look at the research on Eadweard Muybridge
    on Wikipedia there are FOUR pictures on wikipedia’s website
    bison=famine
    2 people dancing=death: the article speaks of Eadweard dying of plague
    Person on galloping horse=Jesus Christ
    only a matter of time people!

6. Angie says:

I enjoyed it like all the other google “doodles”. I look forward to the next one. It did get me to google who Mr. Muybridge was. Congratulations on this and every other one. Thank you.

Movie City Indie

“Would I like to see Wormwood in a theater on a big screen? You betcha. I’d be disingenuous to argue otherwise. But we’re all part of, like it or not, an industry, and what Netflix offers is an opportunity to do different kinds of films in different ways. Maybe part of what is being sacrificed is that they no longer go into theaters. If the choice is between not doing it at all and having it not go to theaters, it’s an easy choice to make.”
~ Errol Morris

“As these stories continue to break, in the weeks since women have said they were harassed and abused by Harvey Weinstein, which was not the birth of a movement but an easy and highly visible shorthand for decades of organizing against sexual harassment that preceded this moment, I hope to gain back my time, my work. Lately, though, I have noticed a drift in the discourse from violated rights to violated feelings: the swelled number of reporters on the beat, the burden on each woman’s story to concern a man “important” enough to report on, the detailed accounting of hotel robes and incriminating texts along with a careful description of what was grabbed, who exposed what, and how many times. What I remember most, from “my story” is how small the sex talk felt, almost dull. I did not feel hurt. I had no pain to confess in public. As more stories come out, I like to think that we would also believe a woman who said, for example, that the sight of the penis of the man who promised her work did not wound her, and that the loss she felt was not some loss of herself but of her time, energy, power.”
~ “The Unsexy Truth About Harassment,” by Melissa Gira Grant