Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

April 9’s Eadweard J. Muybridge Animated Google Doodle

6 Responses to “April 9’s Eadweard J. Muybridge Animated Google Doodle”

1. Harish Agarwal says:

Great Day..9th April….

2. Jeff says:

Mint Julep please. Festive.

3. Lisa S. says:

This is great. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

4. Ann says:

Very informative/educational! – (like most G Doodles!) – motivated me to find out about someone/something I’d never heard of!

5. Danny says:

the four horseman of the apocalypse is on the Google Picture today!
    look at the four colors of the horse on google
    blue green red and white horse on the picture. The yellow horse is you watching!
    When you look at the research on Eadweard Muybridge
    on Wikipedia there are FOUR pictures on wikipedia’s website
    bison=famine
    2 people dancing=death: the article speaks of Eadweard dying of plague
    Person on galloping horse=Jesus Christ
    only a matter of time people!

6. Angie says:

I enjoyed it like all the other google “doodles”. I look forward to the next one. It did get me to google who Mr. Muybridge was. Congratulations on this and every other one. Thank you.

Movie City Indie

“BATTLE OF THE SEXES: Politics and queerness as spectacle/spectacle as politics and queerness. Pretty delightful, lovely, erotic. A-

“Not since EASY A and CABARET have I seen Emma Stone give a real sense of her range. Here, she has pathos and interiority and desire. I love the cinematography and the ways in which the images of the tennis icons are refracted and manipulated via various surfaces/mediators. Also, wild how a haircut is one of the most erotic scenes in cinema this year. Spine tinglingly tactile that feels refreshing. Proof that *cough* you don’t need to be ~graphic/explicit~ to be erotic *cough*. Also, it made me want to get into tennis. Watching it, at least.

“There are interesting touches and intimations as to the cinematic nature of sports, & unpacking the formal approach of broadcasting sports.Also, I was here for Sarah Silverman smoking. And also, hi Mickey Sumner!! It’s a really interesting film about the ways in which public spectacle is never apolitical, and how spectacle is prone to assignation.

“There’s this one other scene from BATTLE OF THE SEXES that I love, and it’s the one in the bar. You see Billie looking after Marilyn as she dances. Through a crowd. There’s a paradoxical closeness and distance between them. In the purple light, and the kitschy decor, everything is distorted. But Billie catches a glance and you can feel the nervous swell inside.”
~ Kyle Turner

“Our business is complicated because intimacy is part and parcel of our profession; as actors we are paid to do very intimate things in public. That’s why someone can have the audacity to invite you to their home or hotel and you show up. Precisely because of this we must stay vigilant and ensure that the professional intimacy is not abused. I hope we are in a pivotal moment where a sisterhood — and brotherhood of allies — is being formed in our industry. I hope we can form a community where a woman can speak up about abuse and not suffer another abuse by not being believed and instead being ridiculed. That’s why we don’t speak up — for fear of suffering twice, and for fear of being labeled and characterized by our moment of powerlessness. Though we may have endured powerlessness at the hands of Harvey Weinstein, by speaking up, speaking out and speaking together, we regain that power. And we hopefully ensure that this kind of rampant predatory behavior as an accepted feature of our industry dies here and now. Now that we are speaking, let us never shut up about this kind of thing. I speak up to make certain that this is not the kind of misconduct that deserves a second chance. I speak up to contribute to the end of the conspiracy of silence.”
Lupita Nyong’o