By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

DP/30: Hugo, editor Thelma Schoonmaker

8 Responses to “DP/30: Hugo, editor Thelma Schoonmaker”

1. lotsofpills says:

One of your “all-time top 10 wanna-gets?”

2. arisp says:

Awesome. Another great interview DP

3. John in LA says:

Any chance of getting an mp3 of this posted David?

4. Paul Zucker says:

Wonderful. But you forgot to add “Industry Legend”

5. Ejz says:

Fantastic interview David, thank you very much!

6. Tyrone Rubin says:

I have been gaining so much value from the DP/30 channel. Its one of those things where at times the long format interviews that pop up seem too good to be true. for film content in terms of learning that does not happen often. I cherish this channel with all my heart. I was looking through MCN and DP/30 trying to find out who the person is doing the interviews. I want to give massive shout outs on twitter, wherever. Who are you? magical master of the most amazing film learning content online. You always make my day, always!

7. Stephen Holt says:

Excellent interview, David! Excellent!

DP/30

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump