Is Deadline Now Dangerous To Visit For Reasons Other Than Mental Health?

13 Responses to “Is Deadline Now Dangerous To Visit For Reasons Other Than Mental Health?”

1. JKill says:

Yeah. I went there earlier this morning, and then my virus protection picked something up that I had to quarantine. Oh well, another reason not to go to that hateful website.

2. LexG says:

ARGH!!! I was there two days ago and nothing weird happened– Is it automatic and you’d know right away? Or is something stealthily invading EVERYONE’S comp that goes there?????? Worried as hell now.

Honestly, I have no idea, Lex. But after someone pointed out that something odd was going on – which is probably why they have no outside ads running for the last few days – I tried to go to the site on Firefox and the browser froze repeatedly. And people are getting malware warnings on Safari and Chrome, apparently.

4. JKill says:

I didn’t make the connection until now, but my computer kept freezing when I tried to go on there the other day, using Internet Explorer. Today my computer started to slow down once I got there, and then a Trojan was picked up by my protection software. The laptop appears to now be running fine. I’m checking it with a different, stronger program now, and I’ll check back in here if I find something.

5. Big G says:

Don’t know about Deadline, but Awards Daily is DEFINITELY screwed up. Computer freezes up and goes dead every time I try to go there. Finally just gave up and haven’t visited there in a month. I only go to Finke once a week anyway, for the VERY early box office on Saturday morning.

6. actionman says:

My Norton detected and solved a bug right after going to Finke’s germ-infested site…

7. Eric says:

It’s probably something coming through the ad network. It happens on Drudge sometimes too.

8. movielocke says:

The polite thing to do would be to tell Nikki to hire Sitelock.

9. NickF says:

There must be an exploit in the code for the site or an infected ad. Sasha’s site was tripping off my anti-virus software a couple of months ago. I just go to the podcast rss page from now on. There wasn’t a site blocked warning from my browser when that was happening.

10. Sasha stone says:

I redid the theme and unplugged a few plugins so hopefully it works now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

11. Bitplayer says:

I’m on a mac but that site ever comes up for me and frequently crashes. I open it up o a seriously locked down version of firefox. Have they addressed this issue ? they might be desperate for ads and are taking bottom feeding types.

12. Done with Deadline says:

Well, at least now I know what did it. A couple of nights ago I got a virus that, among other things, turned all of my documents and photos into hidden files so it looked like they had been deleted. I didn’t know how it happened, since at the time, I was browsing “safe” sites that I had regularly visited. The last site I opened up before my computer went haywire- Deadline.

13. Mr. Kidda says:

Tremendous things here. I am very glad to peer your article. Thank you a lot and I’m looking ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

leahnz on: BYOB - RIP The Goldfinch