By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

DP/30: Hanna, actor Saoirse Ronan

7 Responses to “DP/30: Hanna, actor Saoirse Ronan”

1. sanj says:

Saoirse Ronan – Lunch With David Interview

Unscripted: Saoirse Ronan, Rachel Weisz and Susan Sarandon

2. Tuck Pendelton says:

SWOOON… damn i’m in love with this one.

3. LexG says:

I’d ask Tuck if he’s aware she’s under 18, but that’s a fact apparently lost on Ebert in his riotous review of Weir’s “The Way Back,” wherein he asks why the middle-aged cast didn’t try to hook up with the “cute girl,” meaning SR… who was like 15 when she shot that movie.

Classic Ebert gaffe.

4. anghus says:

atonement is still want one of those movies i go back to because it’s so wonderfully bleak. One of the saddest movies i’ve ever seen. Such great, haunting performances by all involved.

5. sanj says:

right at 16 minutes…things got real and she talked about
    comedies . thats where you could have pulled out an ipad / notebook and just showed her the trailer for Sandler pictures + some older movies from Will Farrell …
    20 minutes surfing the net finding cool movie stuff to talk about and at the end you could have sung a Lady Gaga song together. that would have been awesome .

6. Vin says:

Dude,
    you’re a great interviewer, I’m amazed by how you make them feel at ease. They are always on defense, it’s hard to reach in but you always manage to do it.
    Congrats!
    Vin B.

7. Olli says:

You folks at DP/30:

you are f….g great inverviewers. The best interviews you can get – you actually really listen to the interviewees and ask actually interesting and
    profound questions. Perfect. Go on with that.

DP/30

“I am just grateful I am still around. I would love to be Steven Soderbergh, but I am lucky to be Joe Swanberg. Actors want to work with me, people want to give me money, and my nightmare scenario remains: Getting in bed with a studio, spending years on a movie, and it turns out horrible, but now I’m rich.”

Actually, by Hollywood standards, you’re right, I said. That is unambitious.

“It is, and yet, if you can go to bed happy at night, doing what you want, isn’t that ambition for a lifetime?”
~ Swanberg On Swanberg By Borelli

“In retrospect, nothing of that kind surprised me about Philip, because his intuition was luminous from the instant you met him. So was his intelligence. A lot of actors act intelligent, but Philip was the real thing: a shining, artistic polymath with an intelligence that came at you like a pair of headlights and enveloped you from the moment he grabbed your hand, put a huge arm round your neck and shoved a cheek against yours; or if the mood took him, hugged you to him like a big, pudgy schoolboy, then stood and beamed at you while he took stock of the effect.”
John le Carré on Philip Seymour Hoffman