Z

By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

DP/30: Hanna, actor Saoirse Ronan

7 Responses to “DP/30: Hanna, actor Saoirse Ronan”

1. sanj says:

Saoirse Ronan – Lunch With David Interview

Unscripted: Saoirse Ronan, Rachel Weisz and Susan Sarandon

2. Tuck Pendelton says:

SWOOON… damn i’m in love with this one.

3. LexG says:

I’d ask Tuck if he’s aware she’s under 18, but that’s a fact apparently lost on Ebert in his riotous review of Weir’s “The Way Back,” wherein he asks why the middle-aged cast didn’t try to hook up with the “cute girl,” meaning SR… who was like 15 when she shot that movie.

Classic Ebert gaffe.

4. anghus says:

atonement is still want one of those movies i go back to because it’s so wonderfully bleak. One of the saddest movies i’ve ever seen. Such great, haunting performances by all involved.

5. sanj says:

right at 16 minutes…things got real and she talked about
    comedies . thats where you could have pulled out an ipad / notebook and just showed her the trailer for Sandler pictures + some older movies from Will Farrell …
    20 minutes surfing the net finding cool movie stuff to talk about and at the end you could have sung a Lady Gaga song together. that would have been awesome .

6. Vin says:

Dude,
    you’re a great interviewer, I’m amazed by how you make them feel at ease. They are always on defense, it’s hard to reach in but you always manage to do it.
    Congrats!
    Vin B.

7. Olli says:

You folks at DP/30:

you are f….g great inverviewers. The best interviews you can get – you actually really listen to the interviewees and ask actually interesting and
    profound questions. Perfect. Go on with that.

DP/30

“It’s easy to forget when you’re reading a critic every single week or multiple times a week, that most of us who do this job, and have been doing it for a long time, understand that this is basically a parasitic profession. I don’t mean in the sense that we’re evil bloodsucking creatures, but we couldn’t exist if we didn’t have something to analyze. And I’m always conscious of that. So whether I like or don’t like a particular thing you do, my point of view is always that of an appreciator. I just like to be in the world that you create.”
~ Matt Zoller Seitz To Sam Esmail

“Louis C.K. is a genius. But every genius breeds a bunch of fucking idiots. These people say, “I can do that.” But they can’t, they just think they can. I don’t understand all these comedy shows that forget about being comedies. It’s absurd. There shouldn’t even be a prevailing style of comedy, anyways. People should be individuals.”
~ Norm Macdonald