By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

And for those of you who’d like to see how time changes people over 10 months, the DP/30 from Sundance, with added guest star High Dancy

7 Responses to “DP/30: Martha Marcy May Marlene, actors Elizabeth Olsen, John Hawkes, Sarah Paulson, and writer/director Sean Durkin”

1. LexG says:

Would a LOOK AT HER be too predictable?

Because, really…

I cannot WAIT to see this movie.

2. Gus says:

Yeah I am beyond psyched. I got to get out to Pasadena to catch take shelter before this drops. I keel waiting for it to appear at the arc light and it never does.

DP, was there ever a Lena Dunham DP30?

3. berg says:

M4 has one of the best endings of any film I’ve seen this year … before I saw the film I couldn’t correctly pronounce the title to save my life, now I can’t ever forget the title

Gus… we were scheduled multiple times and it never quite worked out with her ever-changing schedule. I’m sure we’ll try again.

5. Gus says:

Thanks for the reply, I am interested in her arc since Tiny Furniture especially, though I know you don’t do many TV-centric DP/30s.

6. SamLowry says:

If I saw a trailer for this movie, the title alone would drive me screaming from the theater.

Or am I the only one who thinks that sequence of words feels like a cheese grater on the brain?

7. Ray Pride says:

SamLowry, the words become a meaningful tattoo after you’ve seen the film. First saw at Sundance and thought same, but then saw it and… say no more.

DP/30

“I felt the need to experiment in order to learn the actual methodology of live cinema, which is a hybrid of theater, film and television. The SHOT is the basic element, as in film; the live PERFORMANCE is from theater; and the advanced television TECHNOLOGY to enable it is borrowed from TV sports. It is very exciting to work in.”
~ Francis Coppola

“It was always a crisis, but we had a great time,” James Schamus said, grinning. “Now I know how much fun directing is. I didn’t know. No one told me.”

Z Weekend Report