One-Sheet: YA Title-ation

10 Responses to “One-Sheet: YA Title-ation”

1. Rd says:

Let the Toronto presales begin

2. Edward Wilson says:

Is that supposed to be a 40 oz. or something? Cause it looks like a liter of Diet Coke…

That would be 2 liters of soda, EW.

4. krazyeyes says:

The blurring on the Diet Coke label is very distracting plus i’m not sure I get making the poster look like a book cover.

5. Edward Wilson says:

I don’t drink soda. I wouldn’t know these things.

6. anghus says:

why is one 2 liter soda bottle (the one in her hand) the old rounded style and the one on the night stand the newer old-school coke bottle shaped plastic bottle.

this is weird.

7. hcat says:

The book cover is a little too cutesy but I do like the image. All the caffine containers surrounding a bottle of Grey Goose give the impression that she crossed that age where severe hangovers are still bearable yet she is not yet giving up the lifestyle.

8. Paul MD (Stella's Boy) says:

Jennifer’s Body > Juno. Here’s hoping Young Adult > Jennifer’s Body.

9. Don R. Lewis says:

The book cover is because the main character is either a person who gained popularity for writing teen fiction for girls or was a popular teen fiction writer as a teen, I can’t remember which it was.

10. palmtree says:

The term “young adult” is a lit genre, and so the parody book cover is a brilliant marketing design.

“I have to interrupt you. No. the answer is no. I’m just a storyteller. Please don’t confuse the character in a story and the storyteller. Of course there is a connection and of course there is a human being that you sense behind the films, but don’t take it one-on-one that Herzog is Aguirre, the mad conquistador or something like that. This attempt has been made and it has failed all the time. Thank God, I’m not the central figure of my films.”
~ Werner Herzog To Mark Olsen

“I am just grateful I am still around. I would love to be Steven Soderbergh, but I am lucky to be Joe Swanberg. Actors want to work with me, people want to give me money, and my nightmare scenario remains: Getting in bed with a studio, spending years on a movie, and it turns out horrible, but now I’m rich.”

Actually, by Hollywood standards, you’re right, I said. That is unambitious.

“It is, and yet, if you can go to bed happy at night, doing what you want, isn’t that ambition for a lifetime?”
~ Swanberg On Swanberg By Borelli