By David Poland

One-Sheet: YA Title-ation

10 Responses to “One-Sheet: YA Title-ation”

1. Rd says:

Let the Toronto presales begin

2. Edward Wilson says:

Is that supposed to be a 40 oz. or something? Cause it looks like a liter of Diet Coke…

That would be 2 liters of soda, EW.

4. krazyeyes says:

The blurring on the Diet Coke label is very distracting plus i’m not sure I get making the poster look like a book cover.

5. Edward Wilson says:

I don’t drink soda. I wouldn’t know these things.

6. anghus says:

why is one 2 liter soda bottle (the one in her hand) the old rounded style and the one on the night stand the newer old-school coke bottle shaped plastic bottle.

this is weird.

7. hcat says:

The book cover is a little too cutesy but I do like the image. All the caffine containers surrounding a bottle of Grey Goose give the impression that she crossed that age where severe hangovers are still bearable yet she is not yet giving up the lifestyle.

8. Paul MD (Stella's Boy) says:

Jennifer’s Body > Juno. Here’s hoping Young Adult > Jennifer’s Body.

9. Don R. Lewis says:

The book cover is because the main character is either a person who gained popularity for writing teen fiction for girls or was a popular teen fiction writer as a teen, I can’t remember which it was.

10. palmtree says:

The term “young adult” is a lit genre, and so the parody book cover is a brilliant marketing design.

“To me, there was a deep confusion that still persists,” Morris told the crowd, “and I don’t know what you can do to disabuse people of this notion. I suppose you could hit them in the head with a large piece of lumber, but I’m not sure that would do the trick. It’s a simple rule: Style doesn’t guarantee truth. Truth is something far more elusive. Truth is a quest; you pursue truth. You go after it, you try to uncover it, because we all know that we live in a sea of falsehood. I mean, there shouldn’t be any tool that should be unavailable to you in the pursuit of truth.”
~ Errol Morris

“I hang out with highbrow people and I have on certain occasions earned my living with non-highbrow people. I don’t know what I am. A highbrow wannabe? I’m a groupie of intellectuals. I try to hang around them but maybe I am a clown who enjoys the company of intellectuals. Or maybe I’m a semi-intellectual who likes to hang out with clowns.”
~ Wallace Shawn