One-Sheet: YA Title-ation

10 Responses to “One-Sheet: YA Title-ation”

1. Rd says:

Let the Toronto presales begin

2. Edward Wilson says:

Is that supposed to be a 40 oz. or something? Cause it looks like a liter of Diet Coke…

That would be 2 liters of soda, EW.

4. krazyeyes says:

The blurring on the Diet Coke label is very distracting plus i’m not sure I get making the poster look like a book cover.

5. Edward Wilson says:

I don’t drink soda. I wouldn’t know these things.

6. anghus says:

why is one 2 liter soda bottle (the one in her hand) the old rounded style and the one on the night stand the newer old-school coke bottle shaped plastic bottle.

this is weird.

7. hcat says:

The book cover is a little too cutesy but I do like the image. All the caffine containers surrounding a bottle of Grey Goose give the impression that she crossed that age where severe hangovers are still bearable yet she is not yet giving up the lifestyle.

8. Paul MD (Stella's Boy) says:

Jennifer’s Body > Juno. Here’s hoping Young Adult > Jennifer’s Body.

9. Don R. Lewis says:

The book cover is because the main character is either a person who gained popularity for writing teen fiction for girls or was a popular teen fiction writer as a teen, I can’t remember which it was.

10. palmtree says:

The term “young adult” is a lit genre, and so the parody book cover is a brilliant marketing design.

“I never accepted the term contrarian. I think that’s offensive, frankly. And my response to that is: if I’m a contrarian, what are other reviewers? What I strive to do is be a good critic, not somebody who simply accepts the product put in front of me. I guess it scares people to think that they don’t have any originality; that they don’t have the capacity to think for themselves.

“There’s a line a lot of reviewers use that I don’t like at all. They say ‘accept the film on its own terms.’ What that really means is, ‘accept the film as it is advertised.’ That’s got nothing to do with criticism. Nothing to do with having a response as a film watcher. A thinking person has to analyze what’s on screen, not simply rubber-stamp it or kowtow to marketing.”m

“To me, everything does have a political component and I think it’s an interesting way to look at art. It’s one way that makes film reviewing, I think, a politically relevant form of journalism. We do live in a political world, and we bring our political sense to the movies with us – unless you’re the kind of person who goes to the movies and shuts off the outside world. I’m not that kind of person.”
~ Armond White to Luke Buckmaster

“One of comedy’s defining pathologies, alongside literal pathologies like narcissism and self-loathing, is its swaggering certainty that it is part of the political vanguard, while upholding one of the most rigidly patriarchal hierarchies of any art form.”
~ Lindy West