The Backstory Of “The Artist”

6 Responses to “The Backstory Of “The Artist””

1. Proman says:

Wow, Purple Rose of Cairo much?

2. JS Partisan says:

This time… WITHOUT THE TALKING BECAUSE YOU KNOW, THE TALKING, IS A FAD!

3. JS Partisan says:

Also, who isn’t looking forward to this movie?

4. berg says:

i have religiously watched the two recent OSS films and this guy is the real deal … by the way, the original OSS films were produced before the Bind films

Yes… but they weren’t satirical back then.

6. berg says:

the first OSS books were also published before the first Bond books too …. like the first current OSS movie better than the second one; also there was a television version of Casino Royale produced in the 50s as part of the series Climax!

“What Quibi trying to do is get to the next generation of film narrative. The first generation was movies, and they were principally two-hour stories that were designed to be watched in a single sitting in a movie theater [ED: After formats like the nickelodeon]. The next generation of film narrative was television, principally designed to be watched in one-hour chapters in front of a television set. I believe the third generation of film narrative will be a merging of those two ideas, which is to tell two-hour stories in chapters that are seven to ten minutes in length. We are actually doing long-form in bite-size.”
~ Jeffrey Katzenberg

“The important thing is: what makes the audience interested in it? Of course, I don’t take on any roles that don’t interest me, or where I can’t find anything for myself in it. But I don’t like talking about that. If you go into a restaurant and you have been served an exquisite meal, you don’t need to know how the chef felt, or when he chose the vegetables on the market. I always feel a little like I would pull the rug out from under myself if I were to I speak about the background of my work. My explanations would come into conflict with the reason a movie is made in the first place — for the experience of the audience — and that, I would not want.
~  Christoph Waltz