DP/30: Somewhere, writer/director Sofia Coppola

I can’t refuse to re-run a DP/30 on the day of Francis Coppola’s daughter’s wedding…

And here is dad (he’s on the left)… a better version of the interview will be up in the next 24 hours.

7 Responses to “DP/30: Somewhere, writer/director Sofia Coppola”

1. film fanatic says:

Timothy Spall got married today?

2. film fanatic says:

My apologies. That was just a particularly unflattering thumbnail.

3. ThriceDamned says:

Funnily enough, I just watched “Somewhere” yesterday. Short version: I really liked it.

I liked the languid pace, the interesting camerawork, the charming performances from both Dorff and Fanning. It’s a slight film, but that’s not a bad thing.

As a tone piece, definitely not a narratively driven thing, I think it achieves what it sets out to do.

4. cadavra says:

She’s marrying a rock star. The over/under is six months.

5. LexG says:

FANNING POWER.

6. DiscoNap says:

Somewhere has aged really well in my mind.

movieman on: BYOBlog