Ray Pride

By Ray Pride Pride@moviecitynews.com

STUPID, CRAZY, LOVE.: Is the one in the middle a star yet?

Analeigh Tipton, center. The “babysitter in the car” scene is weirdly more anguished, more touching, more terrifying, than the ones in Atom Egoyan‘s Exotica. Wow and-how.

8 Responses to “STUPID, CRAZY, LOVE.: Is the one in the middle a star yet?”

1. chris says:

Actually, I think she’s one of the few weak links in the movie. She’s too old (early 20s, I’d guess) and much too wordly (one of the final three on “America’s Next Top Model”) to play that part convincingly.

2. Ray Pride says:

Chris, I’d never seen her before, and for a second, mistook her for Ashley Plaza. But what an expressive face!

3. Will says:

I saw the film in a pre screening and she absolutely stands out. She not only holds her own along side such an incredible cast but she does so in a refreshingly unique way. For a young actress, she is wonderfully talented and I think she’ll just grow and improve over time. Who cares about top model and what she did before–she’s talented and is doing great things now. Good on her!

4. chris says:

I agree that she has potential. My only point is that I think a gorgeous, nearly 23-year-old (I looked it up) woman is wrong for the part of a supposedly somewhat geeky 17 year old. But, come to think of it (and although I liked the movie), the role itself is the toughest thing in the movie to swallow.

I was just surprised that Alison Janney wasn’t playing her mom.

6. Ray Pride says:

Would’ve been fun.

7. Popcorn slayer says:

She looks like a living caricature of Jessica Biel.

8. Ray Pride says:

I like that.

Movie City Indie

What about replacing Mr. Spacey with another actor? Mr. Plummer, perhaps.
“That would theoretically be fantastic,” Mr. Rothman said he responded. “But I have supervised 450 movies over the course of my career. And what you are saying is impossible. There is not enough time.”
~ Publicizing Sir Ridley’s Deadline Dash

“Would I like to see Wormwood in a theater on a big screen? You betcha. I’d be disingenuous to argue otherwise. But we’re all part of, like it or not, an industry, and what Netflix offers is an opportunity to do different kinds of films in different ways. Maybe part of what is being sacrificed is that they no longer go into theaters. If the choice is between not doing it at all and having it not go to theaters, it’s an easy choice to make.”
~ Errol Morris