Ray Pride

By Ray Pride

STUPID, CRAZY, LOVE.: Is the one in the middle a star yet?

Analeigh Tipton, center. The “babysitter in the car” scene is weirdly more anguished, more touching, more terrifying, than the ones in Atom Egoyan‘s Exotica. Wow and-how.

8 Responses to “STUPID, CRAZY, LOVE.: Is the one in the middle a star yet?”

1. chris says:

Actually, I think she’s one of the few weak links in the movie. She’s too old (early 20s, I’d guess) and much too wordly (one of the final three on “America’s Next Top Model”) to play that part convincingly.

2. Ray Pride says:

Chris, I’d never seen her before, and for a second, mistook her for Ashley Plaza. But what an expressive face!

3. Will says:

I saw the film in a pre screening and she absolutely stands out. She not only holds her own along side such an incredible cast but she does so in a refreshingly unique way. For a young actress, she is wonderfully talented and I think she’ll just grow and improve over time. Who cares about top model and what she did before–she’s talented and is doing great things now. Good on her!

4. chris says:

I agree that she has potential. My only point is that I think a gorgeous, nearly 23-year-old (I looked it up) woman is wrong for the part of a supposedly somewhat geeky 17 year old. But, come to think of it (and although I liked the movie), the role itself is the toughest thing in the movie to swallow.

I was just surprised that Alison Janney wasn’t playing her mom.

6. Ray Pride says:

Would’ve been fun.

7. Popcorn slayer says:

She looks like a living caricature of Jessica Biel.

8. Ray Pride says:

I like that.

Movie City Indie

“I think [technology has[ its made my life faster, it’s made the ability to succeed easier. But has that made my life better? Is it better now than it was in the eighties or seventies? I don’t think we are happier. Maybe because I’m 55, I really am asking these questions… I really want to do meaningful things! This is also the time that I really want to focus on directing. I think that I will act less and less. I’ve been doing it for 52 years. It’s a long time to do one thing and I feel like there are a lot of stories that I got out of my system that I don’t need to tell anymore. I don’t need to ever do The Accused again! That is never going to happen again! You hit these milestones as an actor, and then you say, ‘Now what? Now what do I have to say?'”
~ Jodie Foster

“If there’s one rule Hollywood has metaphysically proven in its century of experimentation, it’s that there’s no amount of money you can’t squander in the quest for hits.

“Netflix has spent the past couple years attempting to brute-force jailbreak this law. Its counter-theory has seemed to be, sure, a billion dollars doesn’t guarantee quality but how about three billion dollars? How about five billion dollars? Seven?

“This week’s latest cinematic opus to run across no-man’s-land into the machine-gun emplacements has been the Jared Leto yakuza movie ‘The Outsider.’ Once again, debuting on Netflix, another thing called a movie that at one glance doesn’t look like any kind of movie anyone has ever seen before, outside of off-prime time screenings at the AFM.

“If you’re working at a normal studio, you have one or two of these total misfires in a year and people start calling for your head. How many is Netflix going on? Fifteen? Twenty? This quarter? Any normal company would be getting murdered over results like that.”
~ Richard Rushfield