Trailer: I Don’t Know Why She Does It

9 Responses to “Trailer: I Don’t Know Why She Does It”

1. LexG says:

It’s a rarefied cinematic universe where Jessica Szohr and Olivia Munn are scampering about, but James Bond has to wrestle with Greg Kinnear over Sarah Jessica Parker.

What a hideous sheen to that trailer.

2. sanj says:

seems like the entire movie is in the trailer – also looks like a made for tv movie but it has 2 big stars …
    Bond can do way better.

3. yancyskancy says:

Title is actually “I Don’t Know HOW She Does It.”

Lots of films like this look painful in the trailer, then turn out to be okay. But I’m not expecting anything more than that.

4. JS Partisan says:

Lex is so right. Seriously, if someone beside SJP were the star of this film, maybe more than an “EH, but she just makes the entire thing seem pointless.

5. Triple Option says:

I can already hear the “call everybody out, I may not be perfect but deep down I’m OK,” wimpering speech.

6. movieman says:

I don’t know why there’s so much hate for this fairly innocuous trailer.
    Doug McGrath has done a lot of nice work (including “Emma” and cowriting Woody’s “Bullets Over B’Way”), and the cast is certainly an agreeable mix of familiar faces (Kelsey, Pierce, Kinnear, Hendricks, etc).
    Sure, SJP is possibly a tad, uh, mature for her role, but “S&C2″ notwithstanding, I’ve still got enough residual affection for the lady to make this seem like a (hopefully) fun Manhattan romp.
    Of course, I genuinely liked “The Nanny Diaries,” too.

7. Triple Option says:

Movieman, I think you answered your own question. All that talent for what seems to amount to, at best, a forgettable movie. They would’ve had a better sales job putting all their names against a blank screen followed by the words “Trust us” than this milquetoast trailer. Age notwithstanding, is Sarah Jessica Parker an everywoman who can adequately represent the woman who must struggle between homelife and career? I’m with David on this. Without a glimpse of a twist or a point, I don’t know WHY any of them would do it either.

8. yancyskancy says:

Even if the film turns out to be okay, the trailer makes it look like the edgiest romantic comedy of 1988. I realize the homelife vs. career issues are still perfectly relevant, and likely to remain so, but the whole harried over-achiever thing just seems so tiresome at this point. The narration and fourth-wall-breaking don’t get my hopes up either.

movieman on: BYOBlog