BYOB 53011

21 Responses to “BYOB 53011”

1. chris says:

I didn’t quite notice this since they were announced so far apart, and I’m sure I’m not the first to point it out, but it seems crazy that unknown-until-a-few-weeks-ago Jessica Chastain was the female lead in both the Palme D’Or and Critics Week winning films at Cannes. Surely that’s never happened before to a non-star? (And she’s in “The Help” and she’s in the “Murder on the Orient Express” remake that just showed up on Masterpiece Theatre.)

2. sanj says:

dj Mike Relm remixes music and videos

here’s cop-out movie remix

other remixes Iron Man 2 – Scott Pilgrim – Sarah Palin
    …about 30 minutes of videos – if your a movie reviewer
    you should check all these out – they are more entertaining than most movie trailers out there

3. sanj says:

weird video of the day

Angelina Jolie to Brad Pitt Morphing

4. LexG says:

Re: Jessica Chastain and Chris’ question in the first post:

I didn’t wanna opine in this in her DP/30 thread, since it always seems rude, and risky in case the talent decides to watch their interview and see a bunch of us dorks making fun of them…

But Jessica Chastain claims she has something like 11 or 12 movies coming out in the next year, thanks in part to some of them being so long in the can (Tree of Life, The Debt, to name two.)

My KRESKIN POWERS regarding young actresses are leading me, sadly, to say she’s not really going to catch on. She just has to look ethereal and soulful in TOL, but she’s actually quite good in The Debt, which I saw like a zillion years ago when I worked on the DVD of it even thought it still hasn’t come out yet… Apparently I saw her in the LA stage production of SALOME with Pacino and Kevin Anderson, though I don’t remember much about her in it.

But I don’t know… I don’t think she has “it,” at least as far as mainstream audiences are concerned; She seems a little HIGHFALUTIN and mostly just seems like she’ll get mixed up with Bryce Dallas Howard. Who I like just fine, but let’s face it, THE BDH hasn’t been tearing up the MOVIE STAR! spot for the last 7 years they’ve been trying to make her happen.

I think we’ll get this initial HER AGAIN? blast of movies, as is the MO for every new actor they’re trying to break, from McAvoy to Worthington to Farrell to Cooper to Carey Mulligan… then she’ll fall into her probable niche as a zonked-out schoolmarm type in bad Jaglom and Solondz movies.

5. sanj says:

Photographer Tyler Shields wants to know, “are you a vampire or unicorn person?” Emma Roberts and Juno Temple helped readers make a decision.

6. leahnz says:

is it wrong that i have a massive crush on ‘russel’, the kind of inverse-‘early grayce’ red-neckish hick deputy in ‘the crazies’ remake? damn

(oh, and talk about englishmen capable of impeccable american brogues…anderson is the man)

7. torpid bunny says:

Oprah’s departure resembles in some ways the season-long christmas party Kareem threw for himself when he retired.

8. Don R. Lewis says:

I’m with Lex. Chastain reminds me of Bryce Dallas-Howard without the famous dad.

9. dberg49 says:

Mr. Poland would love to hear your thoughts on the Kavanaugh news…

10. movieman says:

Lex- Did you see Chastain in “Jolene”?
    Lots of sex and nudity, and a pretty good Dan (“The Whole Wide World”) Ireland movie.
    You really need to check “J” out if you missed it during its truncated theatrical release last fall.

dberg… what do we think the news really is?

12. Foamy Squirrel says:

That Kavanaugh apparently doesn’t know what a call option is?

I’m not willing to take Nikki Finke’s “reporting” as fact. She clearly is pushing an agenda, which is not limited to, but includes, smacking Sharon Waxman. And Sharon, the reverse.

14. JKill says:

Bryce Dallas Howard is a consistently awesome actress who, mostly, sticks to really strong projects, in addition to being incredibly beautiful…

Just recently saw HEREAFTER, where she kills in a minor role.

Also, was it just me or was HEREAFTER really, really underrated?

15. sanj says:

hey DP – how about a video review of N-Secure – it’s out
    on dvd now.. my guess is none of the dozen major movie blogs
    will review this … so DP you can have the exclusive review.

here’s the trailer for N-Secure ..

16. sanj says:

hey DP – have you figured out how famous a person can get if you put them on the front page of MCN ?

pick some non famous actors and put them up … do a random poll of which actor needs to get famous fast ..

then wait a few days and see how famous they get – based on twitter or blog posts on other movie sites

17. lazarus says:

sanj is the D.Z. of The Hot Blog.

enough of the links already.

18. Dberg says:

That’s what I was trying to figure out… it is a bit confusing trying to piece together…. makes me think of the quote (with liberties taken) … “there are three sides to the story…. finke’s side… waxman’s side and the truth.

19. sanj says:

the links bother you that much lazarus – kinda hard to avoid
    links on the internets.

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump