Russell Brand: Interesting Interview

(the prank phone call referred to in the interview)
(ht:romanek)

10 Responses to “Russell Brand: Interesting Interview”

1. Martin says:

Phone call kinda sucks, and he seems coked up in both, but the interview is pretty fascinating. He’s a smart guy, but I agree with the interviewer that he may the flame that burns too brightly. Reminds me of Sheen a bit, not necessarily in a negative way.

2. anghus says:

he’s a smart guy but he still makes excuses.

the difference between what brand does and what a papparazzi shooting his wife’s private areas is not nearly as varied as he claims.

3. Martin says:

Anghus, I dunno.. As I said, it’s a lot like Sheen. I think Russell is just epic-trolling. He kinda means some of what he says, but only to a degree, and certainly not all of it. Mostly I just think he’s an absurdist, and loves to react to people in imaginative ways.

4. Dean says:

Let’s not forget the same time this silly little story was monopolising every news outlet in the uk… The British Government was in the midst of giving the biggest banking bailout in the history of mankind.

Guess which story the British people were more angry about?

5. sanj says:

great interview – good speaker – reminds me of Robin Williams

6. Website says:

Definitely imagine that that you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to take note of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst people consider issues that they plainly do not recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also outlined out the entire thing with no need side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

7. Website says:

I?m no longer certain the place you are getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or understanding more. Thank you for excellent info I used to be looking for this info for my mission.

8. Website says:

I?ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i am glad to express that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I so much definitely will make certain to do not omit this site and provides it a look on a relentless basis.

9. wmv on mac says:

I must consume the knack at thanking individuals relating to your certified advice I’ve repeatedly liked choices your blog post. We’re ready for the retailer’s start of predominantly the as well as college investigation using the whole foot placement wouldn’t seems to be 100 % with launching onto your blog post. Residence may well of a typical be an aid to other brands, We are fortunate to support you with what Relating to came to find came from here.

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump

“The scene opens the new movie. It was something Ridley Scott told me a long time ago, when I was on my eighth draft of Blade Runner. He thinks it’s my fault, which it probably is, but it’s also his fault, because he kept coming up with new ideas. This time, he said to me, “What did Deckard do before he was doing this?” I said, “He was doing what he was doing, but not on such a high level. He was retiring androids that weren’t quite like Nexus Sixes, like Nexus Fives, kind of dumb androids.” He said, “So, why don’t we start the movie like that?” He always had a new beginning he wanted to try. Let’s start it on a train, let’s start it on a plane. Let’s start in the snow. Let’s start in the desert. I was writing all that. He said, “What if Deckard is retiring an old version of Nexus?” Right away I was feeling him, like fate, and he said, “There’s a cabin, with soup bubbling on the stove …” When he said soup boiling on the stove, I said, “Don’t say any more! Let me get home.” I wrote a scene that night. Just three or four pages. Deckard retires this not-very-bright droid, and you feel sorry for him. It’s like Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men. It’s just those two guys, with Deckard as the George character and the droid as the Lennie, and Deckard doesn’t want to do it. But then the droid gets mad, and then Deckard has to do it. The audience thinks he killed someone—he reaches into the guy’s mouth and pulls off his whole jaw and we see it says made by tyrell industries or whatever. I wrote that scene and took it to Ridley. I was proud of it. I remember standing and watching him read the whole thing. He loved it, but no. There are a lot of scenes that didn’t get in, but I never forgot that one. I wrote it as the beginning to this new short story called “The Shape of the Final Dog.” I’d always wanted to have a dog that wasn’t real, so I wrote one into the scene at the cabin. After Deckard retires the droid, he’s getting ready to take off and he wants the dog to come with him. The dog rolls over and keeps barking with his mouth closed. The dog’s an android dog. I thought, If there’s ever a new Blade Runner, we’ll have to use this scene. Three weeks go by, and I’m working on the story and it’s ready to hand in. The phone rings. Someone with a posh English accent says, “Would you be available in ten minutes for a call with Ridley Scott?” These people are so important they don’t waste their time on voicemail. I said, “I’ll be here.” Ten minutes go by and Ridley calls. “Hampton! Did you know, I think we’ve got it together to do Blade Runner a second time?” I said, “You finally got so hard up you’re calling me.” I knew they’d been looking for a year. People had been telling me, “You’ve got to call Ridley,” but I was a little chagrined or embarrassed. I thought, He’ll call me if he wants. Ridley said, “We’re interested in whether you have any ideas.” I said, “Funny you should ask that question. Let me read you a paragraph.” I walk over there with the phone and I read him the opening paragraph. And he says, “Fuck me. Can you come to London tomorrow?”
~ Hampton Fancher