By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

True Grit, actor Barry Pepper

14 Responses to “True Grit, actor Barry Pepper”

1. Robert Hamer says:

This guy was so brilliant in 25th Hour and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Why doesn’t he get more acting roles? I mean, I guess his career is on an upswing with the Coen Brothers and Terrence Malick, but his “breakthrough” should have happened a long time ago, in my opinion…

2. LexG says:

25TH HOUR POWER, SINGLE BEST MOVIE OF THE LAST DECADE (though Poland hates it), and PEPPER should’ve won every single Award in the history of the universe for it.

“Fuck Francis Xavier Slaughtery, my best friend, judging me while he stares at my girlfriend’s ass.”

PEPPER = GOD. Best underrated actor in movies.

But, man, those teeth in TRUE GRIT were fucking repulsive.

3. Samuel Deter says:

Someone asked me five days ago who was the most underrated actor in Hollywood. My response was Mr. Pepper.

Most underrated actress? Who isn’t? From Mya Rudolph to Melissa Leo– hell, even three time academy award nominee and winner Marisa Tomei doesn’t get the recognition she deserves.

4. sanj says:

the movie Barry Pepper mentioned about the arctic

– he basically gets stuck in the middle of nowhere
    way up north in the snow –

The Snow Walker Movie Trailer

5. leahnz says:

someone really needs to bestow barry with an honorary doctorate so that he can live out his days amused at being introduced/introducing himself as ‘dr pepper’

6. Joe Straatmann says:

Well, there is the giant elephant in the room called Battlefield Earth. I’d imagine that had something to do with slowing down his rise. Granted, of all the things in BE that get slammed into the ground, Barry Pepper’s performance is one of the last that gets a trouncing, but I think Forest Whitaker’s the only person who came out of that relatively unscathed, career-wise.

7. RedTeaBurns says:

I wouldn’t put the blame for BE on Pepper or any of the actors for that matter, Joe.It was a crap movie, but I can’t imagine a crap movie hurting an actors rise in hollywood, especially an actor of Peppers caliber.I mean, if that was the case,a bad actor like Sam Worthington’s career would have ended long before it started.

8. cadavra says:

Not enough is mentioned about his fabulous work in CASINO JACK. It’s not easy to steal a scene from Kevin Spacey, but he does it again and again.

9. Did someone really write that he can’t imagine bad movies hurting anyone’s acting career in Hollywood?

10. cadavra says:

Dana, does the name Adam Sandler strike a familiar note?

11. lois walker says:

I LOVE Barry Pepper! I have never seen a movie in which he played a bad part. In my opinion he is better than a lot of our so called great actors. I have been going to the movies once a week for 20 years and I know a good actor when I hear one and that is Mr. Pepper.

12. jtagliere says:

My favorite performance of his was Roger Maris in 61. Just a fantastic performance.

13. tiffany uk says:

It is perfect time to make a few plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy. I have read this submit and if I may just I desire to counsel you some fascinating things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things approximately it!

14. Steven says:

Barry pepper is simply a great actor Saving private Ryan he was greatest. Ext go Barry.

DP/30

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump