By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Rabbit Hole, actor/producer Nicole Kidman

9 Responses to “Rabbit Hole, actor/producer Nicole Kidman”

1. Enjoyed this very much. Especially interesting to hear her share about her choices that challenge her, and stretch her artistically.

2. Highwayroller says:

Whoa… Whoa. I am absolutely hypnotized. I mean, there’s a lot of fine actors in the world, but she is just a standout, she will fascinate people her whole carierre. Just look at this interview… Thank you very much.

3. John says:

She’s amazing. And brilliant.

4. Glenn says:

Amazing woman and an amazing interview.

5. AJ says:

Is it sad that I’ve been waiting for a Nicole Kidman interview to pop up here? Ugh, an hour and a half unbroken shot of this legend–heaven.

6. Debra S says:

Incredible interview. Nicole is simply fascinating. Such good things coming her way and she deserves it.

7. Dan says:

What a nice interview, David. Nicole seemed so open and engaged. I love listening to her because it’s like a breath of fresh air. She’s the most fascinating actress right now, indeed.

8. Gab says:

I love love love Nicole and this totally made my day. She is so honest and sweet, I can imagine how amazing it was interviewing her. Thanks for posting!

9. movieman says:

….so I guess Nic IS in the new Sandler movie after all.
    Hooray!!!!
    I’m still trying to figure out why Sony has made it their mission to hide her in any of the film’s trailers. Hell, if I had Nicole Kidman in my new Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston comedy, I’d shout it from the mountaintop.

DP/30

“It’s a film festival’s job—and increasingly so—to create moments of recognition, of enjoyment, of shock, of learning. Not of consumerism. Not of implementing cultural policy. But moments without pretence, unclouded by vested interests, by intervention, by cynicism, by everyday business. Committed to nothing but the thing itself. Under obligation to nothing, to no one, not even to the filmmakers themselves. To basically seek access to a form that does not yet exist, a place no one has been to, a time that has not yet come. ’A form that thinks, and a thought that forms,’ as Jean-Luc Godard has it.”
~ Hans Hurch, late director of the Viennale

“There’s a mass belief that if you’re texting, you’re somehow not interrupting the conversation—you’re not being rude. It’s an illusion of multitasking. I started filmmaking when people didn’t expect to have a phone on set, when it would’ve been seen as unprofessional to pull out a phone. Phones have become a huge distraction, and people work much better without them. At first it causes difficulty, but it really allows them to concentrate on what they’re doing. Everybody understands. I’ve had a lot of crews thank me. With a set, we’re trying to create a bubble of alternate reality.”
~ Christopher Nolan