By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Rabbit Hole, actor/producer Nicole Kidman

9 Responses to “Rabbit Hole, actor/producer Nicole Kidman”

1. Enjoyed this very much. Especially interesting to hear her share about her choices that challenge her, and stretch her artistically.

2. Highwayroller says:

Whoa… Whoa. I am absolutely hypnotized. I mean, there’s a lot of fine actors in the world, but she is just a standout, she will fascinate people her whole carierre. Just look at this interview… Thank you very much.

3. John says:

She’s amazing. And brilliant.

4. Glenn says:

Amazing woman and an amazing interview.

5. AJ says:

Is it sad that I’ve been waiting for a Nicole Kidman interview to pop up here? Ugh, an hour and a half unbroken shot of this legend–heaven.

6. Debra S says:

Incredible interview. Nicole is simply fascinating. Such good things coming her way and she deserves it.

7. Dan says:

What a nice interview, David. Nicole seemed so open and engaged. I love listening to her because it’s like a breath of fresh air. She’s the most fascinating actress right now, indeed.

8. Gab says:

I love love love Nicole and this totally made my day. She is so honest and sweet, I can imagine how amazing it was interviewing her. Thanks for posting!

9. movieman says:

….so I guess Nic IS in the new Sandler movie after all.
    Hooray!!!!
    I’m still trying to figure out why Sony has made it their mission to hide her in any of the film’s trailers. Hell, if I had Nicole Kidman in my new Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston comedy, I’d shout it from the mountaintop.

DP/30

BLOOM
There cannot be a human being who has fewer thoughts on the whole question of word processing than I do. I’ve never even seen a word processor. I am hopelessly archaic. For me the typewriter hasn’t even been invented yet, so how can I speak to this matter? I protest! A man who has never learned to type is not going to be able to add anything to this debate. As far as I’m concerned, computers have as much to do with literature as space travel, perhaps much less. I can only write with a ballpoint pen, with a Rolling Writer, they’re called, a black Rolling Writer on a lined yellow legal pad on a certain kind of clipboard. And then someone else types it.

INTERVIEWER
And someone else edits?

BLOOM
No one edits. I edit. I refuse to be edited.

INTERVIEWER
Do you revise much?

BLOOM
Sometimes, but not often.
~ Harold Bloom

“So, what does it look like when he leaves the show? First, it looks like a ratings spike, and I had a nice chuckle about that. But the truth is, the ink wasn’t even dry on his exit papers before they rushed in a new guy. I was on vacation in Sicily, decompressing — it was a long working relationship and it was a tumultuous end and I needed a moment to just chill with some rosé — and they’re calling me, going, ‘What do you think of this guy?’ ‘What do you think of this guy?’ And they’re sending pictures. I was like, ‘Are you people fucking nuts? Why do you feel that you have to replace this person?’ I couldn’t believe how fast the studio and the network felt like they had to get a penis in there.”
Ellen Pompeo