By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Rabbit Hole, actor/producer Nicole Kidman

9 Responses to “Rabbit Hole, actor/producer Nicole Kidman”

1. Enjoyed this very much. Especially interesting to hear her share about her choices that challenge her, and stretch her artistically.

2. Highwayroller says:

Whoa… Whoa. I am absolutely hypnotized. I mean, there’s a lot of fine actors in the world, but she is just a standout, she will fascinate people her whole carierre. Just look at this interview… Thank you very much.

3. John says:

She’s amazing. And brilliant.

4. Glenn says:

Amazing woman and an amazing interview.

5. AJ says:

Is it sad that I’ve been waiting for a Nicole Kidman interview to pop up here? Ugh, an hour and a half unbroken shot of this legend–heaven.

6. Debra S says:

Incredible interview. Nicole is simply fascinating. Such good things coming her way and she deserves it.

7. Dan says:

What a nice interview, David. Nicole seemed so open and engaged. I love listening to her because it’s like a breath of fresh air. She’s the most fascinating actress right now, indeed.

8. Gab says:

I love love love Nicole and this totally made my day. She is so honest and sweet, I can imagine how amazing it was interviewing her. Thanks for posting!

9. movieman says:

….so I guess Nic IS in the new Sandler movie after all.
    Hooray!!!!
    I’m still trying to figure out why Sony has made it their mission to hide her in any of the film’s trailers. Hell, if I had Nicole Kidman in my new Adam Sandler/Jennifer Aniston comedy, I’d shout it from the mountaintop.

DP/30

“Richard Schickel was a very perceptive critic and a wonderful writer and documentary filmmaker. As a person he was, to use a once popular term, ‘crusty,’ and he could be brutally funny. But it’s his deep and abiding love of movies that I’ll always remember about him. His early 70s PBS series ‘The Men Who Made the Movies,’ his 2004 restoration of Sam Fuller’s The Big Red One, his wonderful little book about ‘Double Indemnity,’ his biographies of Chaplin and Cary Grant… this is a man who gave his life to the thing he loved.”
~ Martin Scorsese

“Let me put this bluntly, in language even a busy blogger can understand: Criticism — and its humble cousin, reviewing — is not a democratic activity. It is, or should be, an elite enterprise, ideally undertaken by individuals who bring something to the party beyond their hasty, instinctive opinions of a book (or any other cultural object). It is work that requires disciplined taste, historical and theoretical knowledge and a fairly deep sense of the author’s (or filmmaker’s or painter’s) entire body of work, among other qualities.”
~ Richard Schickel