Boston Film Critics 2010 Awards

Best New Filmmaker
Jeff Malmberg for Marwencol

Best Ensemble Cast
The Fighter

Best Use of Music in a Film
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for The Social Network

11 Responses to “Boston Film Critics 2010 Awards”

1. Robert Hamer says:

BFCA, Chicago Film Critics, Houston Area Film Critics, SAG, Southeastern Film Critics, and Toronto Film Critics…all idiots. Every one of them.

And I will describe anyone else who classifies Hailee Steinfeld as a “supporting actress” in True Grit likewise.

2. Robert Hamer says:

Weird…I posted this on the Scoreboard section, but it shows up here. What gives?

3. Ben says:

You have “Winter’s Bone” listed 3 times.

4. Thanks for listing NYFCO, David. NYFCO gave “Exit Through the Gift Shop” best documentary.

5. NW7 says:

Great effort. I see that you don’t have The Oklahoma Film Critics Circle on the list.

*** I posted this comment on the Scoreboard section but it showed here.

6. NW7 says:

Didn’t The Social Network won The Southeastern Film Critics Association (SEFC) best film?

*** I posted this comment on the Scoreboard section but it showed here.

7. Stu Wilson says:

Maybe Winter’s Bone will do better if you combine the score instead of listing it three times.

*** I see Ben already mentioned this, but I didn’t see it when I posted because like everyone else it got sent to the wrong page.

8. Exit Through the Gift Shop. NYFCO: Best Documentary as of 12/12/10. Please update

9. Tracy says:

I feel like I have been living under a rock for the past year or so because I have not heard of nearly most of these movies. Time to get out a bit more I guess.

10. Logan says:

Why is Winter’s Bone on the list twice–with 5 and with 2? Not a single mention for The Town? So why is this film on everybody’s pick to be the #9 or #10 film on the Oscar Best Picture list? If its star/director were Ben Smith instead of Ben Affleck, would there be such interest in a good but pretty ordinary heist film?

11. Logan says:

STILL NOT A SINGLE POINT FOR ‘THE TOWN.’ WHY IS THIS MOVIE BEING PAID ATTENTION TO FOR BIG AWARDS?????

(CAUSE IT’S BEN AFFLECK, STUPID.)

“Dude, I don’t like the way you talk, bro. How can you tell me that it’s going to be hard? Do you see a lot of people like you writing stories? Give me a break, bro. That’s your strength, that you’re not like us. Go out there and tell your stories. Don’t go out there and try to be like Quentin or me or anybody else. We need you. Tell me what makes you angry, why you’re arrogant, or fearful, whatever it is. Don’t hide anything. Be honest. What is that thing that bothers you and makes you distinct? Everyone’s looking for you. A Mexican point-of-view to tell a story right now? I’m telling you, everybody wants that right now. I desperately need you to tell your story in your way. You are essential.”
~ M. Night Shyamalan