By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Blue Valentine, actor Michelle Williams

11 Responses to “Blue Valentine, actor Michelle Williams”

1. Samuel Deter says:

I have GOT to work with this woman. Such a good actress. So interesting. So genuine. So smart. So humble.

Good interview Polonia! (that’s Poland in spanish)

2. sanj says:

this was a bit different – Michelle slowed her speech for
    first 15 minutes then went back to normal the rest of the way..

there was only 7 minutes that was the movie itself

since her movies aren’t repeated too often on regular cable – most of us know her from Dawson’s Creek repeats

overall – i liked the Wendy and Lucy DP/30

3. LexG says:

LOOK AT HER!

4. anghus says:

talented gal. she’s done a great job of picking good material (mostly) and has avoided the dreaded hell of a katherine heigl career.

5. Michael. says:

15:07 – 15:18 was a really heartfelt moment, I think she was close to losing it but kept her composure. She’s so great, good interview DP.

6. Foamy Squirrel says:

Anghus: it depends on what you consider “dreaded”. I’m fairly sure there’s a sizable contingent of budding actresses who would pick a career modeled after Katherine Heigl over a career modeled after Michelle Williams.

7. movieman says:

Personally I’m getting a little sick and tired of Williams’ affected Method-isms. And with her new blonde dye job she’s beginning to remind me a tad of the post-“Aphrodite” Mira Sorvino.
    That said, I loved the Cassavetes rawness and bruising emotional intensity of “Blue Valentine,” although it’s really Gosling’s picture.

8. Grace says:

8:58 – “are you hard on yourself?”

Wow. That sweetness just can’t be contained. Great interview. Would love to see one with Gosling.

9. leahnz says:

i didn’t realise ‘blue valentine’ was shot in single takes. i’m keen to see it.

10. erin says:

Movieman…i am curious what you mean by affected methodisms?

11. Rahmbo says:

MW comes across as a little precious especially when talking about the filming of Blue Valentine… perhaps that’s what movieman was referring to.

DP/30

“If there are theories about me, I’d rather not know. Astrophysics – now that’s fascinating. String theory, worm holes, the expanding universe, the Big Bang versus the Big Bounce – those are the kind of theories that make you feel like living and understanding the mystery of the world. Film theory is just a pain in the ass.”
~ Claire Denis

“I had a knockoff Michael Kors bag that said MLK instead of MK. Jada told me that I shouldn’t have knockoff stuff. I told her that my philosophy is, Whatever the bag costs, I should be able to keep that amount of cash in the bag. If it’s a $300 purse, I have to put $300 in cash in that purse. I do not want a bag that is more expensive than the cash I have to put in it. Things are going good for me now, so I am graduating to your Fendis and your Guccis. But I better have the cash equivalent, or I’m not buying the purse. And if things start to go wrong, I’m going right back to my knockoffs. When you’re somebody like me, who’s been homeless, clothes are not that important. Clothes are not a roof over my head, food in my ­stomach, my family’s health—that’s what money is for. But fashion helps get more money. So, we ride.”
~ Tiffany Haddish