By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Blue Valentine, actor Michelle Williams

11 Responses to “Blue Valentine, actor Michelle Williams”

1. Samuel Deter says:

I have GOT to work with this woman. Such a good actress. So interesting. So genuine. So smart. So humble.

Good interview Polonia! (that’s Poland in spanish)

2. sanj says:

this was a bit different – Michelle slowed her speech for
    first 15 minutes then went back to normal the rest of the way..

there was only 7 minutes that was the movie itself

since her movies aren’t repeated too often on regular cable – most of us know her from Dawson’s Creek repeats

overall – i liked the Wendy and Lucy DP/30

3. LexG says:

LOOK AT HER!

4. anghus says:

talented gal. she’s done a great job of picking good material (mostly) and has avoided the dreaded hell of a katherine heigl career.

5. Michael. says:

15:07 – 15:18 was a really heartfelt moment, I think she was close to losing it but kept her composure. She’s so great, good interview DP.

6. Foamy Squirrel says:

Anghus: it depends on what you consider “dreaded”. I’m fairly sure there’s a sizable contingent of budding actresses who would pick a career modeled after Katherine Heigl over a career modeled after Michelle Williams.

7. movieman says:

Personally I’m getting a little sick and tired of Williams’ affected Method-isms. And with her new blonde dye job she’s beginning to remind me a tad of the post-“Aphrodite” Mira Sorvino.
    That said, I loved the Cassavetes rawness and bruising emotional intensity of “Blue Valentine,” although it’s really Gosling’s picture.

8. Grace says:

8:58 – “are you hard on yourself?”

Wow. That sweetness just can’t be contained. Great interview. Would love to see one with Gosling.

9. leahnz says:

i didn’t realise ‘blue valentine’ was shot in single takes. i’m keen to see it.

10. erin says:

Movieman…i am curious what you mean by affected methodisms?

11. Rahmbo says:

MW comes across as a little precious especially when talking about the filming of Blue Valentine… perhaps that’s what movieman was referring to.

DP/30

“Lars. He’s done a lot of drugs. Over the hill. The last time I saw Lars, he was telling my wife he wants to have sex with her. I told him to fuck off. So he found another slut.”
~ Nicolas Winding Refn On Lars Von Trier

“You know, if you’re actually an artist who wants to tell a story, it’s a compulsion; it’s not something that you do because you want to entertain people or you want to make a bunch of money. Most people want to entertain people and make a bunch of money. It’s not a bad thing, but if it also doesn’t hold hands with just genuine desire, if no one was looking, then yeah, that sucks.”
~ Kristen Stewart