By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Winter’s Bone, actor John Hawkes

11 Responses to “Winter’s Bone, actor John Hawkes”

1. Krillian says:

I want to see him join the cast of FX’s Justified.

2. I can’t think of any ‘surprise’ Oscar nomination that would please me more than seeing Hawkes get a Supporting Actor nod. Of course, I’d love to see Winter’s Bone and Toy Story 3 run the boards, but I digress…

3. NickF says:

For the first couple of his scenes I knew his face seemed familiar to me. Then I realized that he was the guy from the beginning of Miami Vice. And that he had a 6 or so episode run in Season 6 of Lost, and other smaller roles sprinkled through the years.

He was fantastic in WB. It would be nice if he got a nom, but the push will be focused on Lawrence, and I don’t think he would be angered by that.

When I have time I’ll check out this full interview.

4. Paul MD (Stella's Boy) says:

Don’t forget Deadwood. Hawkes is awesome.

5. Jux says:

He was great in Identity.

6. IOv3 says:

This guy is awesome.

7. hcat says:

Loved how resigned he was to his own impulses. When he leaves at the end of the movie theres no pleading or reasoning, no tear drenched “it doesn’t have to be like this” speech. Just a look from the family knowing he’s likely going to his death. This was such an incredible movie.

And I think the sheriff was a Deadwood alumni as well. The guy who shot Hickock?

8. Paul MD (Stella's Boy) says:

Garret Dillahunt had two roles on Deadwood, Francis Wolcott and Jack McCall.

9. ray vaughan says:

I worked with john on the film Winter’s bone,he was a great help and a hell of a talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please vote yes for the film Winter’s Bone for best picture! Ray Vaughan

10. KS says:

Great interview!! John is an amazing actor, but what shines thru is his gracious, honest, kind spirit!! He richly deserves the Oscar nom and I hope he gets it!! Couldn’t happen to a better guy – Good luck John!! Hollywood needs more John Hawkes!!

11. office 2010 license key says:

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The caricature is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an nervousness over that you want be turning in the following. ill without a doubt come further before again since exactly the same just about very ceaselessly inside case you defend this hike.

DP/30