By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

The Social Network, actors Jesse Eisenberg & Andrew Garfield

(Note: Earlier, I noticed that this outputted incorrectly and the boys had been “Abdul-ed.” A corrected version of the video is now up.)

7 Responses to “The Social Network, actors Jesse Eisenberg & Andrew Garfield”

1. sanj says:

its been linked on a gossip blog …check
    out the comments

2. QWSL says:

Be together!!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mutinyco says:

It took me all day to get “Abdul-ed.”

Ironically, these guys, obviously, as well as Abdul, owe their success to Fincher.

4. ind says:

Awesome interview with two of the coolest and talented dudes. I love the DP/30 format, too.

5. JP says:

Thanks for uploading the video in Quicktime to view on iPhone. Jesse has a fabulous sense of humor. I’ve seen The Social Network four times thus far and he always manages to surprise me with yet another nuance in his complex performance. I can’t wait to own TSN on DVD.

JP… it’s on HTML5, I believe. We used to run everything in Quicktime, but people complained about the size of the files. But yes, it was a priority to make these viewable on all delivery systems.

7. sanj says:

my favorite part of the entire interview is when Jesse talks about how he doesn’t watch movies and got confused about the Hnagover movie

DP – post that 2 minute clip on youtube.

DP/30

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier

“My first objective relationship in life was with the camera. I didn’t understand anything but then I realized the camera is my friend. It doesn’t lie to me. It doesn’t manipulate me. It only reports what I’m doing. And therefore, for me to work with a camera and the camera to be directed by an artist, a craftsman, someone who knows what he or she wants, I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
~ Elliot Gould