By DP30 david@thehotbuttonl.com

Black Swan, actor Natalie Portman

SPOILER WARNING: We discuss the ultimate scenes in the film in this conversation.

6 Responses to “Black Swan, actor Natalie Portman”

1. Jessica says:

Great interview with Miss Portman. She seems very thoughtful and lovely and oh so cute!

2. Peter says:

Since Lexg hasn’t commented yet, I will do the honors.

LOOK AT HER!!!!!

In all seriousness, she is wonderful in the movie. Actually, I really can’t think of a word(s) that can describe how good she is here. Performance of the year?

Great interview.

3. sanj says:

this interview belongs on the dvd extras – you’ve got so many Black Swan interviews i figure all will be in the dvd?

also saw Natalie on Dave Letterman – Natalie had 2 segments – the most interesting thing about that was Dave never mentioned any of the other actors / directors or any of the usual questions a movie like this gets.
    Dave thinks Natalie will win the Oscar …

4. Bruce says:

Just watched the interview, with Natalie. There seems to be intelligent life in planet Hollywood! She is well spoken, modest, and articulate. What a refreshig change from the usual.

5. Margot Channing Tatum O'neal says:

After seeing Black Swan and having concluded that (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!) Nina didn’t die, I had yet to find anyone who agreed with me.

Nice to see you and the lovely Natalie Portman do.

What an interesting film and what a great metaphor for womanhood. The Black Swan (woman) transformation is by far one of the most memorable scenes I’ve seen in film this year.

6. amir says:

sensytiv lovly girl

DP/30

“The people with the money are assholes. They look back and they want to stay in a safe place, while the filmmakers want to go forward. And sometimes we as filmmakers fuck them up because we’re also assholes, but we’re crazy assholes. You need to be pretty brutal. Frank Capra’s movies can make you cry, but he was a tough motherfucker.”
~ Guillermo del Toro

“The sad and painful truth is that pretty much everyone in this town knew who Harvey was. I have had long talks with my most liberal friends. Did we know he was a rapist? We didn’t. But did we know that for decades he has been offering actresses big careers in exchange for sexual favors? Yes, we did — and make no mistake, that is its own kind of rape. And did we all — or did any of us — refuse to do business with him on moral grounds? No. We ALL STAYED IN BUSINESS WITH HIM. I have never done business with Harvey but I can tell you with certainty that I would have — because I was recently approached by a film festival he sponsors. They asked me to submit my short film for their consideration and I did it without thinking twice. I am a dyed-in-the-wool feminist and a vocal one at that. So why didn’t I think twice? Because this entire town is built on the ugly principals that Harvey takes to an horrific extreme. If I didn’t work with people whose behavior I find reprehensible, I wouldn’t have a career.”
~ Showrunner Krista Vernoff