Exit Through The Gift Shop, producer Jaimie D’ Cruz, editor Chris King

15 Responses to “Exit Through The Gift Shop, producer Jaimie D’ Cruz, editor Chris King”

1. t.holly says:

Let’s see if they answer my question in this interview, namely, the name of Thierry’s successful thrift shop the film made such a big deal about for making it possible for Thierry to finance his doc in the first place. Never been ID’ed — not in the film, not on the internet, nowhere. Why?

2. t.holly says:

And then, amazingly, he broke his ankle (BOGUSLY); they even got *authentic* x-rays nicely edited into the story. [No, they didn’t mention that, yet.]

3. IOv3 says:

Hey T.holly! How have the last four years treated you?

4. t.holly says:

Thierry is cured! He doesn’t film anymore. (Guess he filmed all the time, but didn’t film much in his very successful L.A. thrift store or any store signage, though I think I did see Beck in the tiny bit of unidentified footage of Thierry in the store used in the doc.)

5. t.holly says:

IOv3, tired, overworked and obsessed.

6. t.holly says:

OK, so Banksy wanted the complete cut of Thierry’s film REMOTE CONTROL as an extra on the DVD. There will be an edited version of it. If the thrift shop exists, maybe it’ll be revealed. Enter through the gift shop, exit through the art show.

7. West says:

The World of Vintage T-Shirts
    7701 Melrose Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90046

Took me 5 seconds on Google to find the address

8. t.holly says:

Thanks West for the lead, the real MBW starts to stand up from this resume. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dvjdust

New Media Artist
    MBW (Media Production industry)
    September 2001 — February 2010 (8 years 6 months)

Mr Brainwash (aka) Thierry Guetta was my benefactor, my landlord, my boss, and my best friend for over a decade… a documentary film by Banksy originally conceived and shot by Thierry and formally a 3E Films production for which Thierry and I where partners.

For over a decade we worked on myriad of advertising campaigns for people like Christian Audiger, Ed Hardy, Von Dutch, and Swissa Miller to name a few.

Media Consultant
    TMP Enterprises LLC
    (Privately Held; Online Media industry)
    September 2001 — December 2004 (3 years 4 months)

TMP Enterprises stands for Thierry, Marco, and Patrick Guetta a Licensing Apparel and Real-estate company. My responsibilities included but not limited to Electronic Pre-Press, Leasing Agent, Closed Circuit Surveillance Systems, Fashion and Apparel Design.

Some clients included Too Cute, World Of Vintage T-Shirts, Bright Pink Mickey, Harvey Entertainment, Vogue Trimmings, Aztecha Productions, Blue Holdings, Disney, and Warner Brothers.

9. Mrs Brainwash says:

The guy on the right is Banksy.

10. Mr T says:

I kinda believe Mrs Brainwash. This guy is Banksy!

1. Chris King is not credited. Just checked the film’s ending credits.

2. At 6’30” / 7’00” he really talks as if he was Banksy.

3. The way he moves his hands is very similar to the movie interviews.

11. Adam says:

@ Mr T: Isn’t Chris King the ginger guy on the left in all black? I agree that he isn’t credited, but I think the guy speaking at 6:30 is Jaimie.

12. dust says:

haha. internet sleuths. actually the store in the film was on the 800 block of la brea / melrose. thierry re financed his home in order to come up with the equity to make the film possible.

13. matt crawford says:

Jaimie d’cruz is banksy same bracelet in this interview and exit through gift shop

DP/30

“I remember very much the iconography and the images and the statues in church were very emotional for me. Just the power of that, and even still — just seeing prayer card, what that image can evoke. I have a lot of friends that are involved in the esoteric, and I know some girls in New York that are also into the supernatural. I don’t feel that I have that gift. But I am leaning towards mysticism… Maybe men are more practical, maybe they don’t give into that as much… And then also, they don’t convene in the same way that women do. But I don’t know, I am not a man, I don’t want to speak for men. For me, I tend to gravitate towards people who are open to those kinds of things. And the idea for my film, White Echo, I guess stemmed from that — I find that the girls in New York are more credible. What is it about the way that they communicate their ideas with the supernatural that I find more credible? And that is where it began. All the characters are also based on friends of mine. I worked with Refinery29 on that film, and found that they really invest in you which is so rare in this industry.”
Chloë Sevigny

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier