Exit Through The Gift Shop, producer Jaimie D’ Cruz, editor Chris King

15 Responses to “Exit Through The Gift Shop, producer Jaimie D’ Cruz, editor Chris King”

1. t.holly says:

Let’s see if they answer my question in this interview, namely, the name of Thierry’s successful thrift shop the film made such a big deal about for making it possible for Thierry to finance his doc in the first place. Never been ID’ed — not in the film, not on the internet, nowhere. Why?

2. t.holly says:

And then, amazingly, he broke his ankle (BOGUSLY); they even got *authentic* x-rays nicely edited into the story. [No, they didn’t mention that, yet.]

3. IOv3 says:

Hey T.holly! How have the last four years treated you?

4. t.holly says:

Thierry is cured! He doesn’t film anymore. (Guess he filmed all the time, but didn’t film much in his very successful L.A. thrift store or any store signage, though I think I did see Beck in the tiny bit of unidentified footage of Thierry in the store used in the doc.)

5. t.holly says:

IOv3, tired, overworked and obsessed.

6. t.holly says:

OK, so Banksy wanted the complete cut of Thierry’s film REMOTE CONTROL as an extra on the DVD. There will be an edited version of it. If the thrift shop exists, maybe it’ll be revealed. Enter through the gift shop, exit through the art show.

7. West says:

The World of Vintage T-Shirts
    7701 Melrose Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90046

Took me 5 seconds on Google to find the address

8. t.holly says:

Thanks West for the lead, the real MBW starts to stand up from this resume. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dvjdust

New Media Artist
    MBW (Media Production industry)
    September 2001 — February 2010 (8 years 6 months)

Mr Brainwash (aka) Thierry Guetta was my benefactor, my landlord, my boss, and my best friend for over a decade… a documentary film by Banksy originally conceived and shot by Thierry and formally a 3E Films production for which Thierry and I where partners.

For over a decade we worked on myriad of advertising campaigns for people like Christian Audiger, Ed Hardy, Von Dutch, and Swissa Miller to name a few.

Media Consultant
    TMP Enterprises LLC
    (Privately Held; Online Media industry)
    September 2001 — December 2004 (3 years 4 months)

TMP Enterprises stands for Thierry, Marco, and Patrick Guetta a Licensing Apparel and Real-estate company. My responsibilities included but not limited to Electronic Pre-Press, Leasing Agent, Closed Circuit Surveillance Systems, Fashion and Apparel Design.

Some clients included Too Cute, World Of Vintage T-Shirts, Bright Pink Mickey, Harvey Entertainment, Vogue Trimmings, Aztecha Productions, Blue Holdings, Disney, and Warner Brothers.

9. Mrs Brainwash says:

The guy on the right is Banksy.

10. Mr T says:

I kinda believe Mrs Brainwash. This guy is Banksy!

1. Chris King is not credited. Just checked the film’s ending credits.

2. At 6’30” / 7’00” he really talks as if he was Banksy.

3. The way he moves his hands is very similar to the movie interviews.

11. Adam says:

@ Mr T: Isn’t Chris King the ginger guy on the left in all black? I agree that he isn’t credited, but I think the guy speaking at 6:30 is Jaimie.

12. dust says:

haha. internet sleuths. actually the store in the film was on the 800 block of la brea / melrose. thierry re financed his home in order to come up with the equity to make the film possible.

13. matt crawford says:

Jaimie d’cruz is banksy same bracelet in this interview and exit through gift shop

DP/30

“I was 15 when I first watched Sally Hardesty escape into the back of a pickup truck, covered in blood and cackling like a goddamn witch. All of her friends were dead. She had been kidnapped, tortured and even forced to feed her own blood to her cannibalistic captors’ impossibly shriveled patriarch. Being new to the horror genre, I was sure she was going to die. It had been a few months since I survived a violent sexual assault, where I subsequently ran from my assailant, tripped, fell and fought like hell. I crawled home with bloody knees, makeup-stained cheeks and a new void in both my mind and heart. My sense of safety, my ability to trust others, my willingness to form new relationships and my love of spending time with people I cared about were all taken from me. It wasn’t until I found the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre that something clicked. It was Sally’s strength, and her resilience. It was watching her survive blows to the head from a hammer. It was watching her break free from her bonds and burst through a glass window. It was watching her get back up after she’d been stabbed. It was watching her crawl into the back of a truck, laughing as it drove away from Leatherface. She was the last one to confront the killer, and live. I remember sitting in front of the TV and thinking, There I am. That’s me.”
~ Lauren Milici On “The Final Girl”

“‘Thriller’ enforced its own reality principle; it was there, part of the every commute, a serenade to every errand, a referent to every purchase, a fact of every life. You didn’t have to like it, you only had to acknowledge it. By July 6, 1984, when the Jacksons played the first show of their ‘Victory’ tour, in Kansas City, Missouri, Jacksonism had produced a system of commodification so complete that whatever and whoever was admitted to it instantly became a new commodity. People were no longer comsuming commodities as such things are conventionally understood (records, videos, posters, books, magazines, key rings, earrings necklaces pins buttons wigs voice-altering devices Pepsis t-shirts underwear hats scarves gloves jackets – and why were there no jeans called Bille Jeans?); they were consuming their own gestures of consumption. That is, they were consuming not a Tayloristic Michael Jackson, or any licensed facsimile, but themselves. Riding a Mobius strip of pure capitalism, that was the transubstantiation.”
~ Greil Marcus On Michael Jackson