Exit Through The Gift Shop, producer Jaimie D’ Cruz, editor Chris King

14 Responses to “Exit Through The Gift Shop, producer Jaimie D’ Cruz, editor Chris King”

1. t.holly says:

Let’s see if they answer my question in this interview, namely, the name of Thierry’s successful thrift shop the film made such a big deal about for making it possible for Thierry to finance his doc in the first place. Never been ID’ed — not in the film, not on the internet, nowhere. Why?

2. t.holly says:

And then, amazingly, he broke his ankle (BOGUSLY); they even got *authentic* x-rays nicely edited into the story. [No, they didn't mention that, yet.]

3. IOv3 says:

Hey T.holly! How have the last four years treated you?

4. t.holly says:

Thierry is cured! He doesn’t film anymore. (Guess he filmed all the time, but didn’t film much in his very successful L.A. thrift store or any store signage, though I think I did see Beck in the tiny bit of unidentified footage of Thierry in the store used in the doc.)

5. t.holly says:

IOv3, tired, overworked and obsessed.

6. t.holly says:

OK, so Banksy wanted the complete cut of Thierry’s film REMOTE CONTROL as an extra on the DVD. There will be an edited version of it. If the thrift shop exists, maybe it’ll be revealed. Enter through the gift shop, exit through the art show.

7. West says:

The World of Vintage T-Shirts
    7701 Melrose Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90046

Took me 5 seconds on Google to find the address

8. t.holly says:

Thanks West for the lead, the real MBW starts to stand up from this resume. http://www.linkedin.com/in/dvjdust

New Media Artist
    MBW (Media Production industry)
    September 2001 — February 2010 (8 years 6 months)

Mr Brainwash (aka) Thierry Guetta was my benefactor, my landlord, my boss, and my best friend for over a decade… a documentary film by Banksy originally conceived and shot by Thierry and formally a 3E Films production for which Thierry and I where partners.

For over a decade we worked on myriad of advertising campaigns for people like Christian Audiger, Ed Hardy, Von Dutch, and Swissa Miller to name a few.

Media Consultant
    TMP Enterprises LLC
    (Privately Held; Online Media industry)
    September 2001 — December 2004 (3 years 4 months)

TMP Enterprises stands for Thierry, Marco, and Patrick Guetta a Licensing Apparel and Real-estate company. My responsibilities included but not limited to Electronic Pre-Press, Leasing Agent, Closed Circuit Surveillance Systems, Fashion and Apparel Design.

Some clients included Too Cute, World Of Vintage T-Shirts, Bright Pink Mickey, Harvey Entertainment, Vogue Trimmings, Aztecha Productions, Blue Holdings, Disney, and Warner Brothers.

9. Mrs Brainwash says:

The guy on the right is Banksy.

10. Mr T says:

I kinda believe Mrs Brainwash. This guy is Banksy!

1. Chris King is not credited. Just checked the film’s ending credits.

2. At 6’30” / 7’00″ he really talks as if he was Banksy.

3. The way he moves his hands is very similar to the movie interviews.

11. Adam says:

@ Mr T: Isn’t Chris King the ginger guy on the left in all black? I agree that he isn’t credited, but I think the guy speaking at 6:30 is Jaimie.

12. dust says:

haha. internet sleuths. actually the store in the film was on the 800 block of la brea / melrose. thierry re financed his home in order to come up with the equity to make the film possible.

DP/30

“I don’t know, because I don’t know much about those cameras. I know that’s been a complaint, but I wouldn’t know. Film is what worked for this film. I have a fear of the unknown. I’ve spent a long time trying to learn one camera, and to fucking stop and try to learn another one… I would have to stop for 20 years! I’m a slow learner; I’d have to go through the manual, it would be starting over. So there’s that, too. It’s an issue for filmmakers, and it’s on people’s minds, and I have to say that it’s a lot more challenging and difficult just to kind of get somebody to show film or to print film. It’s far more challenging than it should be right now, and we’re just trying to keep it alive a little bit and create a little pocket where it can be shown that way in various places across the country right now.”
~ Paul Thomas Anderson To David Ehrlich On The Prospect Of Switching From Film

“Almodóvar–the first name is almost unnecessary–is a genius, is a flower, is a guiding light: the last, best son of Buñuel and so much more than that. His screenplays, which he directs with passion and fine care, have taught us about the exteriors of his native land and the interiors of our own hearts. From the early, manic experimental Super-8 work to the breakthrough Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, his titles are as evocative as most people’s screenplays. Yet for all their antic energy, Almodóvar’s films are deeply spiritual: watching his disturbing, mysterious, heart-rending Talk to Her is to understand, perhaps for the first time, the full meaning of grace. An Almodóvar screenplay is a running leap off a Gaudi balcony, it flips, soars, ascends, careens, tumbles, falls – always landing, astonishingly and astonished, on its feet.”
~ Howard A. Rodman, Announcing Almodóvar’s Jean Renoir Award