Thankful 2009

Another year has come and gone

11 Responses to “Thankful 2009”

1. Blackcloud says:

Thanks to you, Dave, for doing this for so long, and so well. And for putting up with us internet crazies.

2. IOIOIOI says:

What Cloudy said, and a BOOYAH to you David. BOOYAH!

3. Foamy Squirrel says:

I am not a truthteller!
    Metaphysical conundrums aside, best wishes to all on your weird yank Turkey Eating Day. 😉

4. anghus says:

“to my enemies”
    im thankful for melodrama.
    who the f really has enemies heat? you might have people you fundamentally disagree with, but enemies? way to completely lose perspective on being thankful. you l.a. types, so full of bile.

5. mysteryperfecta says:

Obama is thankful for self-deluding libs who think he’s made remarkable progress this year, to the extent that the world is significantly safer and saner. Keep the faith!
    I keed, I keed! Happy Thanksgiving.

6. Geoff says:

I would have thought we just say who we are thankful for in the world of movies. These are the people who are currently bringing the most joy to me from Hollywood and for whom I am most thankful:
    The Coen Brothers
    Paul Rudd
    Alec Baldwin
    Meryl Streep
    Quentin Tarantino
    Danny Boyle
    Amy Pohler
    Kristen Wiig
    Michael Sheen
    Denzel Washington
    James Franco
    Martin Scorcese
    Steven Soderbergh
    Judd Apatow
    I know – it’s quite a bizarre list, but I’m a pretty bizarre fellow.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

7. T
    David-
    Thanks for running this site and putting up with the moodiness and insanity around here. You’re in for quite a year ahead…best of luck and have fun!

8. Tam says:

Honestly David, I think the critical success of the women-helmed films “Hurt Locker”, “Bright Star”, and “An Education” are considered more important achievements. Bigelow may be the first woman to win an Academy Award for Best Director, and that’s exciting for women in the industry.
    As for “New Moon”, it’s nice to be able to point to a hugely successful film that was entirely geared to the female audience.
    (Yeah, it sucked, but so did “Transformers”.)

9. I am NOT thankful for Thanksgiving since it’s another American public holiday that means my internet “surfing” become severely lacklustre since everyone turns off.
    (happy thanksgiving to all the Americans though, really).

leahnz on: BYOB - RIP The Goldfinch