Finally, I Agree With Nikki

“Don’t you want to be on a beach somewhere when Nikki Finke starts flashing pictures of you trying to get your dick hard?”
“I’ll fuck Nikki Finke before I let her affect my business decisions.”

Pretty fair representation of Nikki Finke’s role in this industry. Whorey gossip… more interested in embarrassing others than finding or considering news in a smart way… ineffective against anyone who isn’t weak minded.
I don’t really believe she will put it on her tombstone. But she is well on her way to putting it on the tombstone of serious journalism about the film industry.
The New Yorker story on Nikki should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I plan on being out of the country.

7 Responses to “Finally, I Agree With Nikki”

1. Joe Leydon says:

I’m not sure I understand this. Seriously.

2. LexG says:

Leydon: It was a dialogue exchange on last night’s ENTOURAGE, as spoken by the TWIN GODS OF ACTING, Sir Malcolm McDowell and Jeremy Piven.
    As I said in the other thread, the idea of THE DUDE FROM CLOCKWORK ORANGE AND CALIGULA name-checking you on THE GREATEST SHOW EVER would be the highest achievement anyone could achieve in life.
    PIVEN POWER.

3. Joe Leydon says:

But why would David want to be out of the country when a profile of Nikki appears in The New Yorker? Will it finally be revealed that they once were an item?

4. LexG says:

All I know is, Finke’s site takes 18 minutes to open and usually crashes my browser six-eight times, plus her comments section is for shit, so next season they should have Ari name-checking Poland.
    Or finally DO THE RIGHT THING and cast me as one of Turtle’s pot buddies or Walsh’s lackey.

5. Joe Leydon says:

You know, with Nikki’s name-check on Entourage, and Roger Ebert’s referring to her today as an exemplary industry blogger… Well, let me put it like this: I’m very happy that there’s no chance tonight of my cutting David off in traffic or anything like that.

6. montrealkid says:

C’mon DP, I’m sure there’s a small part of you that wants to be name dropped by Ari Gold on “Entourage”.

7. Joe, I believe it’s because it will be negative and he doesn’t wanna be around when Nikki goes Hiroshima.

~ Quentin Tarantino