Some Things That Bore Some Of You Do Matter

I’m not going to go off on a long rant about it.
But here are three pieces about the web and how we all bounce off one another which reflect some of the ideas I have been shoveling out around here too often for some of your tastes…
Media Shift – Simon Owens – Newspaper Editors Want Clear Credit When Bloggers Link to Them
Media Shift – Mark Glaser – Using the ‘Steal-O-Meter’ to Gauge if Stories Steal or Promote
TheGuardian.co.uk – Michael Tomansky’s Blog – The man who helps rule the media’s world

7 Responses to “Some Things That Bore Some Of You Do Matter”

1. Joe Leydon says:

“Some Things That Bore Some Of You Do Matter”
    And you don’t see this as just a tiny bit condescending to your readers?

2. martin says:

I don’t know Joe. The subject matter of those links looks so boring that I’m not going to read them. But maybe they matter, and I’m just not interested anyway.

3. Foamy Squirrel says:

Not for my tastes.
    How about a slightly different angle – where the blog in question provides the link, but the introductory sentence provides a distorted interpretation of the article without providing any analysis as to whether that interpretation is appropriate?

4. Joe Leydon says:

I would like to point out that no one responded to this post until I did — like, 10 hours later.

5. Foamy Squirrel says:

I’d like to point out I just woke up. 😉

6. Joe Leydon says:

Squirrel: LOL. Fair enough.

7. KamikazeCamelV2.0 says:

I never respond to these sort of things because i’m able to admit it just goes right over my head.

“We don’t have any idea what the universe is. Wise people have always told us that this is proof you shouldn’t think, because thinking leads you nowhere. You just build over this huge construction of misunderstanding, which is culture. The history of culture is the history of the misunderstandings of great thinkers. So we always have to go back to zero and begin differently. And maybe in that way you have a chance not to understand but at least not to have further misunderstandings. Because this is the other side of this question—Am I really so brave to cancel all human culture? To stop admiring the beauty in human production? It’s very difficult to say no.”
~ László Krasznahorkai

“I have a license to carry in New York. Can you believe that? Nobody knows that, [Applause] somebody attacks, somebody attacks me, oh, they’re gonna be shot. Can you imagine? Somebody says, oh, it is Trump, he’s easy pickings what do you say? Right? Oh, boy. What was the famous movie? No. Remember, no remember where he went around and he sort of after his wife was hurt so badly and kill. What?  I — Honestly, Yeah, right, it’s true, but you have many of them. Famous movie. Somebody. You have many of them. Charles Bronson right the late great Charles Bronson name of the movie come on.  , remember that? Ah, we’re gonna cut you up, sir, we’re gonna cut you up, uh-huh.

Bing!

One of the great movies. Charles Bronson, great, Charles Bronson. Great movies. Today you can’t make that movie because it’s not politically correct, right? It’s not politically correct. But could you imagine with Trump? Somebody says, oh, all these big monsters aren’t around he’s easy pickings and then shoot.”
~ Donald Trump