Tapley, Jackson & Cameron At The 'Con

Kris sent these along… video of the “Visionaries” panel (where was Zack Snyder? Oh… wrestling amongst hundreds of drunk geeks!)… he laid it out over four pages on his blog which made me instantly crazy. But you should honor him with a click or 5 if you like these videos that he shot.
The first two are on top… the other two, plus an EW extra, after the jump…

And here is EW’s footage of an alleged panel crasher
(I don’t know where Kris found an embed code for these videos… there are two more from the panel and I don’t see embeds, only links):

16 Responses to “Tapley, Jackson & Cameron At The 'Con”

1. Jeffrey Boam's Doctor says:

Here’s a suggestion for ‘visionaries’, how about planning something to say in advance of these panels that might be just a little bit profound in terms of cinema. I know it’s comic-con and there are 6000 geeks who just like pretty CG images but is too much to expect maybe something ‘visionary’ from our so called visionaries?
    Ever feel that you’ve been cheated?

2. Needed something to scatter throughout the day, hence the multiple vid postings. Slow on the coverage uptake (which is doubly unfortunate since I was one of the poor schmuck pressers stuck in the VIP line listening to the Iron Man 2 footage muffled through a wall).
    By the way, the crasher was linked in the post that included the embed. The “menu” button pulls up the embed link:

3. IOIOIOI says:

Geeks are usually the lot, that really dislike fucking CGI. Seriously, it’s not that hard to find out. Nevertheless, Cameron and Jackson do not exactly have 100 watt personalities. So it should be expected that a panel with them, would not be as entertaining as one with Damon and Carlton.

4. They dislike fucking CGI? I would have thought geeks would like fucking anything.

5. Jeffrey Boam's Doctor says:

IOIOIOetc Geeks would rather kill themselves than live in a world without CGI. I make money off geeks. Believe me that’s all they talk about. heh heh cool fx. They are easily pleased and semi-retarded. I don’t hold it against them, they’re limited in vision. Whereas ‘visionaries’ you’d think would have more scope, unfortunately they just have much bigger wallets.
    Visionary is like the term ‘genius’. Always overused and always misused.

6. IOIOIOI says:

JBD, those are not geeks dear ladies. Those are just dudes who like CG. Seriously, geeks bitch about the proliferation of CGI more, than two girls trying to determine whose shit smells worse.

7. LexG says:

Cameron rules, and Jackson rules… I wouldn’t scoff at calling either of those two class act directors “visionaries”… They’ve sure as fuck earned it, at least way more than Zack Snyder… BUT:
    Both Jackson and Cameron need to fill their movies with MORE HOT SQUACK.
    Jackson made VINTAGE Liv Tyler about as fun as a fucking audit, and all Cameron’s muffs pack all the sex appeal of a bottle of chlorine shot through a neutered BLUE SHEEN.
    JACKSON WITH THE GREEN SICKLY SHEEN, CAMERON WITH THE BLAND BLUE….
    Hey dudes, LIGHT UP SOME VAG LIKE BAY, please.
    MORE PRIMARY COLORS PLEASE.

8. jeffmcm says:

“more, than two girls trying to determine whose shit smells worse.”
    I’m guessing this is some obscure, meaningless reference to something, but boy does it make me envision something totally hilarious and awesome.
    Oh, and both Jackson and Cameron are doing aok in the ‘restraining themselves’ category.

9. When Lex said more primary colors I imagined them both both Kathy Bates in their movies as a hot and lethal fighter pilot. That’d be pretty amazing.

10. IOIOIOI says:

Primary Colors is a good film. “Henry.”

11. martin says:

Since when do girls “bitch to each other about whose shit smells worse”? I’ve never heard of that happening, ever. You’re strange IO.

12. christian says:

Maybe IO saw it a manga?

13. mutinyco says:

Two Geeks One Cup.

14. IOIOIOI says:

You guys really miss the most simple of Family Guy cut-away set-ups.

15. Not everyone watches Family Guy, perhaps?

16. jeffmcm says:

“You guys really miss the most simple of Family Guy cut-away set-ups.”
    I just started laughing out loud at how out of touch with reality and mind-blowingly self-centered this is.

“The word I have fallen in love with lately is ‘Hellenic.’ Greek in its mythology. So while everyone is skewing towards the YouTube generation, here we are making two-and-a-half-hour movies and trying to buck the system. It’s become clear to me that we are never going to be a perfect fit with Hollywood; we will always be the renegade Texans running around trying to stir the pot. Really it’s not provocation for the sake of being provocative, but trying to make something that people fall in love with and has staying power. I think people are going to remember Dragged Across Concrete and these other movies decades from now. I do not believe that they will remember some of the stuff that big Hollywood has put out in the last couple of years. You’ve got to look at the independent space to find the movies that have been really special recently. Even though I don’t share the same world-view as some of my colleagues, I certainly respect the hell out of their movies which are way more fascinating than the stuff coming out of the studio system.”
~ Dallas Sonnier

“My first objective relationship in life was with the camera. I didn’t understand anything but then I realized the camera is my friend. It doesn’t lie to me. It doesn’t manipulate me. It only reports what I’m doing. And therefore, for me to work with a camera and the camera to be directed by an artist, a craftsman, someone who knows what he or she wants, I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
~ Elliot Gould